Ever won a tournament?

Remove this Banner Ad

Metallica_Man

Premiership Player
Sep 22, 2006
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
If you do any form of combat sports, have you ever won a tournament? I came 1st in a team tournament once in karate, and 4th in a singles one

Since when was this a board?

Since it was requested by a number of people on the suggestions board, chief agreed to it but we had to wait til the upgrade went through and now it's up and running.

The board will cover all forms of combat including boxing, kick boxing, ultimate fighting, martial arts and any other form of combat sports that people would like to discuss.

Whilst I've never actually participated in any of the sports as such I do kick-boxing training for fitness, have quite a few mates that were in the boxing game in Adelaide throughout the 80's and 90's and know quite a few of our local kicboxers up here in Darwin.

I always get along to the kickboxing events with a couple of mates who compete and have always loved seeing Michael Siebert in action..........I was also quite lucky enough to see Stan the Man in action a few times a number of years ago and am really looking forward to seeing Mike Zambidis fighting in Australia again next year.

It's good to see that Showtime have announced that they will be broadcasting MMA shows next year, Fox Sports do a great job showing the kickboxing presented by Michael Schiavello and Hammer. I just wish we could get someone to cover the K1 fights from Japan here in Australia........there are rumours that Fox will be picking it up next year but at this stage it looks like they are just that.

The US doesnt get much of the K1 from Japan so i doubt we would be, But you never know. But yeah good news about Showtime, but still gotta get the fighters on the books to have a real go at anything 1st.

The US doesnt get much of the K1 from Japan so i doubt we would be, But you never know.

the bit I find funny is most of the K1 big nights are shown in NZ so it wouldn't take much for us to get it...........if the demand is there and I know Michael Schiavello is always pushing that direction with Fox Sports.

I'm also looking forward to learning a bit more about UFC, PFC and MMA from others here.

Can this forum include street fights? Like if we find a good video of a fight on the street we can post it here? :D ;)

kimbo slice=youtube street fight king

very mean dude although he'd get owned in the octagon by virtually anyone.

Even Sean Gannon owned him. lol. He has decent boxing though, but thinks kicks and knees are dirty.
I think he has the best name in the sport, sean the cannon gannon, i reckon joe rogan would love saying that if he were actually any good. 'and there's another blast from the cannon...':)

I won the Victorian Championships, the Machado Australian and the AFBJJ pan pacific Brazilian Jui Jitsu championships last year. This was all as a white belt tho :D lowsy buggers graded me up to the advanced class after that ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I once won a Street Fighter II contest I organised with a few friends.

My friends at the time were Blanka, E Honda and Chun Li.

I was Ryu.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back