Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
How s**t were we last night? Its starting to get pathetic to be dominated by teams like Bolton, Fulham and West Ham. Yes... I know West Ham is a good team, but when we finished fifth last year we shouldnt be being dominated by them.

Original thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213747

We were absolutely smashed for 75 minutes of the game, then West Ham stopped playing and Saha decided to win the game for us. I'm going to start watching everton games from the 80 minute from now on, it's the only time we can score.

The positive side is that we have pulled away from the relegation zone somehow, despite performances that tend to suggest that we are amongst the worst 3 teams in the league. I was very dissapointed with Anichebe last night. I know he played on the wing and not where he likes to play, but he looked really poor and he needs to grab opportunities like that if he wants to be a long term premier league player, whether that be at Everton or elsewhere.

Very fortunate the last 3 games. Although we did not have a lot of luck in a couple of games early on this season.

Be interesting team selection next week against Boro. Yak,Piennar and Fell will all be available. The back 4 is looking reasonably settled, would be nice to give Baines some gametime though.

You guys were very fortunate to win last night.

You were out played in every position apart from the score line.

I can't remember one good Everton player last night bar Saha, which makes the loss even more frustrating.

Very fortunate the last 3 games. Although we did not have a lot of luck in a couple of games early on this season.

Be interesting team selection next week against Boro. Yak,Piennar and Fell will all be available. The back 4 is looking reasonably settled, would be nice to give Baines some gametime though.

I wouldn't mind seeing Baines moved up to the left side of midfield, just to see how he goes and Arteta then being switched back over to the right side of midfield. I also think that we have to change our standard formation to a 4-4-2 from the standard 4-5-1, because we just don't have an effective holding midfielder to play the 4-5-1 effectively, as evidenced by last nights performance. Against Boro I would go with something like this:

Howard
Neville Yobo Jagielka Lescott
Arteta Cahill Osman Baines
Yakubu Saha

Feel sorry for Baines. Bloody 6 mill paid and he does one thing wrong and he's benched. Others can do a s**t load wrong and not get benched. Why is bloody Anichebe playing.. he's s**t, s**t and more s**t.

Also - please.. NEVER EVER EVER! play Pienaar again. He and Osman are so useless its not funny.

I wouldn't mind seeing Baines moved up to the left side of midfield, just to see how he goes and Arteta then being switched back over to the right side of midfield. I also think that we have to change our standard formation to a 4-4-2 from the standard 4-5-1, because we just don't have an effective holding midfielder to play the 4-5-1 effectively, as evidenced by last nights performance. Against Boro I would go with something like this:

Howard
Neville Yobo Jagielka Lescott
Arteta Cahill Osman Baines
Yakubu Saha

I do mind that side. I would expect with Fell available he would slot straight back in. I would be happy for Osman to miss out if that were the case.

Along with Baines, Castillo is the other one that hopefully gets some gametime soon. Moyes has spent the last couple of weeks praising Osman a lot so unfortunately I think he is safe.

Some good news though is some of the reports in the paper..... Although history tells us do not get too excited.:p

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ompey-Liverpool-Newcastle-Staveleys-list.html

Obviously more reports about a takeover, lets hope something takes place.

Already some transfer gossip on the BBC.

Everton boss David Moyes wants £9million-rated Marseille midfielder Lorik Cana. (The Sun)

Everton are also lining up a £12m transfer window swoop for CSKA Moscow's Brazil striker Wagner Love. (Daily Mirror)

Moutinho also being mentioned again as well.;)

I do mind that side. I would expect with Fell available he would slot straight back in. I would be happy for Osman to miss out if that were the case.

Along with Baines, Castillo is the other one that hopefully gets some gametime soon. Moyes has spent the last couple of weeks praising Osman a lot so unfortunately I think he is safe.

Can't believe I forgot Fellaini:eek: and I just don't think Moyes rates Castillo much at all or else he wouldn't have Rodwell starting ahead of him. I also think it is only a matter of time until Everton get taken over, although I can't see Everton being at the top of the wishlist for any investor, like that article says due to:

-Stadium issues.
-Very few Assets.
-Revenue streams outside of the football side of things are very poor.
-Debt that is at least 50 million and proberbly higher than that.

I would also think a deal would be much harder to reach with our ownership structure compared to other clubs. At Newcastle, the offer only needs to satisfy Mike Ashley, whereas at Everton there are 3-4 others who have a significant stake in the club apart from Bill Kenwright, that need to accept the offer.
On Moutinho, last summer was a real circus and he is the sort of player that would compliment The Fell quite nicely, but we have a very small chance of bringing him to Goodison Park in my opinion.

When was the last time Yakubu scored?

I'm aware he didn't play last night but it seems like a very long time.

It's about 10 or 11 matches now. He has always gone through these sort of droughts throughout his whole career and he will then go through a purple patch and score 7-8 goals in the space of 10 or 11 matches. That's one of the reasons why he is at Everton and will never be at a Big 4 club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's about 10 or 11 matches now. He has always gone through these sort of droughts throughout his whole career and he will then go through a purple patch and score 7-8 goals in the space of 10 or 11 matches. That's one of the reasons why he is at Everton and will never be at a Big 4 club.

It's a shame he didn't play against West Ham, he always seems to score against them.

Feel sorry for Baines. Bloody 6 mill paid and he does one thing wrong and he's benched. Others can do a s**t load wrong and not get benched. Why is bloody Anichebe playing.. he's s**t, s**t and more s**t.

Also - please.. NEVER EVER EVER! play Pienaar again. He and Osman are so useless its not funny.

Never play Pienaar, Osman... Anichebe??? Crazy talk!

Pienaar and Osman have been fantastic this year (Osman not so much the last few games). Anichebe is the future of our club (as is Vaughan).

If you're going to have a go at any players in our current starting 11, at least have a go at Arteta (has only shown a few glimpses of last year's form), the Yak and ****ing Phil 'the s**t one' Neville.

I can't see Baines breaking into the 11 bar injuries, and Castillo reminds me of an Inanimate Carbon Rod.

Great win yesterday, COYB! :thumbsu:

Anichebe is definitely not the future of the club. He's the equivalent of a flat track bully in cricket. Osman is a little pipsqueak and is s**t. He and Pienaar get bundled off the ball so easily. They should take note of other small players and how they stay on the ball. Pienaar has never played a good game for Everton. Every person I talk to ridicules me over us having him. Its ridiculous.

If you're going to have a go at me over Pienaar - watch the game before his "injury".. he was that pathetic that I wanted to sub him before half time.

You guys should be rapt though tbh. You are playing terribly yet sit 2 points off 5th. Every team goes through bad spells, Everton just seem to be winnning during their bad spell. I'm sure you guys will turn around the poor form.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...y-deal-Egypt-striker-Emad-Mateb.html?ITO=1490

Meteb's agent Mohamed Hamid said: 'I travelled to England a week ago to agree on the final details of the contract with Everton. We agreed on everything.

'Emad was informed about the course of negotiations, and he is glad about it.'

Sounds like the next Zaki, would be rapt if that was the case, although it's proberbly the agent blowing hot air. He has a good scoring record:

-Al Ahly: 89 goals in 172 matches
-Al Ittihad: 5 goals in 4 matches.
-Egypt: 25 goals in 48 matches.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1928396.ece

EVERTON FC have signed a ground-breaking deal to use a soccer management computer game to scout for new players.

Manager David Moyes and his coaches will link up with bestselling simulator Football Manager, which uses 1,000 scouts to compile its huge database.

They will be able to track more than 370,000 players and staff from 20,000 teams worldwide.

Football Manager creators, brothers Paul and Oliver Collyer, have been flooded with offers from clubs since developing the first version of the game in 1992.

Their firm Sports Interactive accepted Everton’s offer as the brothers are both Toffees fans.

Paul said: “The game’s database is the most extensive scouting network in football.

“This is as close to my boyhood dream of playing at Goodison Park as I will ever get.”
---

I am not sure if this is a good move or bad one.:confused:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1928396.ece

EVERTON FC have signed a ground-breaking deal to use a soccer management computer game to scout for new players.

Manager David Moyes and his coaches will link up with bestselling simulator Football Manager, which uses 1,000 scouts to compile its huge database.

They will be able to track more than 370,000 players and staff from 20,000 teams worldwide.

Football Manager creators, brothers Paul and Oliver Collyer, have been flooded with offers from clubs since developing the first version of the game in 1992.

Their firm Sports Interactive accepted Everton’s offer as the brothers are both Toffees fans.

Paul said: “The game’s database is the most extensive scouting network in football.

“This is as close to my boyhood dream of playing at Goodison Park as I will ever get.”
---

I am not sure if this is a good move or bad one.:confused:

It's can be a good reference tool. Sounds a bit smalltime though.

I'd be surprised if a lot of lower league clubs that can't afford to do much scouting, especially in foreign places, didn't use it.

It's can be a good reference tool. Sounds a bit smalltime though.

I'd be surprised if a lot of lower league clubs that can't afford to do much scouting, especially in foreign places, didn't use it.

I did cringe a little bit. I dunno, I just assume the deal sees the club get access to more than just the game hahaha.

The Yak back this week so hopefully he can get back on the board. Fellaini should be straight back into the 11 as well. Piennar also which will not be met with much approval from someone on this board...;)

When you think though.. they have 370000 players.. how do they get "pretty" accurate details on each in terms of skill level. Guys like Nathan Burns and Bruce Djite were rated highly and had good attributes etc before they left Aus. Obviously they have access to very good scouts and Everton are getting that information (on a higher level other than just "This guy has 20 in Free Kicks") and their potential too etc. It may seem small time, but its not that bad. Remember we can't be like Man U and buy a guy for 30mill pounds, so we have to be smart and find talent elsewhere.

Big game this week against Wigan, need to win to keep in touch with that top 6.

Other news many Everton supporters are probably aware of is Everton no longer with Umbro and with Le Coq as of next year I think. Be interesting to see if many changes are made to the strip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back