Everton Fans Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It appears that Unsworth has been given a transfer budget to go and sign players for the U/21 line up to try and develop up to senior team, which I absolutely love.
I heard the cafeteria has been given a transfer budget as well to sign some top quality chefs.

;)

Depressing Everton stat of the day:

Barkley & Stones are England's only 2 outfield players yet to make an appearance at Euro 2016
Which is funny because England has been quite s**t and Barkley or Stones would do no worse.

They need to replace Hodgson after the Euros anyway, awfully inept.

More interested in Kovacic, both would be lovely though. Would prefer it to be a bit under 30mil as he's already 27, but he might be ready made for the EPL style of game

30m seems like a lot for a player out of contract in a year. Not to mention he's coming from the Russian league. Last time we signed somebody from there it didn't turn out so well...

I'd rather we spend around the same (or even a bit less) on Schneiderlin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it's looking like Rom will be coming back with his tail between his legs which means.....
Stones will be sold to man city for 50 large which was required to do with something about money in that I don't fully understand.

Mata rumour gathering pace so its a wait and see.

Also on the Rom issue, I see the club upped the ante to 75m virtually pricing everyone out bar PSG and will tell Rom he is not being sold.

This could go one of two ways with Rom,

1. He has a blinder of a season which means we still get a truckload when he leaves next year
2. He stinks it up and it a virtual reserve player and his value plummets and has us looking to offload him in January before it plummets any further.

Stones will be sold to man city for 50 large which was required to do with something about money in that I don't fully understand.

Mata rumour gathering pace so its a wait and see.

Also on the Rom issue, I see the club upped the ante to 75m virtually pricing everyone out bar PSG and will tell Rom he is not being sold.

If Stones wants to go, let him. The closer to £40-50mil, the better. He can be replaced nicely.

Mata is an interesting one, he says Koeman made him the player he is so it would be that connection that may make it happen.

For Lukaku, if Pogba leaves Juve for big money that could make them spend it on Rom as a replacement. He's been linked with them for ages, other than that I can't see him leaving. Again though, if he wants to leave we shouldn't force him to stay but I'd like to know if it's him or his agent that really wants the move

Really hoping we aren't paying close to 30mil for Witsel, if reports are true. Fees mentioned yesterday was around half that, which is much more reasonable

Really hoping we aren't paying close to 30mil for Witsel, if reports are true. Fees mentioned yesterday was around half that, which is much more reasonable
Serious question, do we even need him?
This week as well, apparently.
I'm constantly on my phone hoping to see he's signed.

Regardless of the transfer fee, he'll be on 120k a week - ridiculous.

I guess as Evertonians we just aren't used to splurging that sort of money, Man City could spend that on a potential dud and not blink an eye if the player sucked.

Regardless of the transfer fee, he'll be on 120k a week - ridiculous.

I guess as Evertonians we just aren't used to splurging that sort of money, Man City could spend that on a potential dud and not blink an eye if the player sucked.
It's an exciting statement nonetheless. Really I'm in no position to comment on Witsel anyways, I've never even seen him play 90 minutes.

It's hard not to get excited about a player of his pedigree.

Replacing Barry seems the most pressing need other than replacing Howard.

Apparently Witsel will be announced within 48 hours.
In all honesty I thought Barry was better than any of our midfielders last season, I cannot see it happening but I'd sell both McCarthy and Cleverly to help deal with FFP and they'd be surpluss to needs if we're happy to rely on the likes of Davies, Ledson or Walsh and clustered periods of the fixtures or when we've got a lot of injuries.

If we sign Mata will we see Barkley move to central midfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back