Everton Fans Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Austrian papers reporting we've agreed to a deal for Arnautovic. Would be happy, he improved a stack last year. Think he plays his best as a number 10 or false 9.
The Echo are reporting the rumour isn't true, I personally would've liked him.

EDIT: SkySports reporting it too now, over as quick as it began.

Anyone getting up to watch us play in the morning?

The Echo are reporting the rumour isn't true, I personally would've liked him.

EDIT: SkySports reporting it too now, over as quick as it began.

Anyone getting up to watch us play in the morning?

Apparently has a 4 year contract offer from Stoke, looks likely to remain there. Not really fussed on him either, but as time goes on you have to wonder just wtf we are up to. At this rate, plenty & plenty of games for the youngsters next season because we are running bare. If Stones and/or Lukaku are off, we are leaving it late to unsettle the rest of the squad (if they aren't unsettled about them already)

God I love Ronald.

3-1 win, under Bobby that would be 'phenomenal'.

Under big Ron, he wasn't happy with the first half and pointed out why "Pressing/Spacing/Tempo/Movements etc".

Praised the second half, said he saw some good things but wants to learn from mistakes.

God I love Ronald.

3-1 win, under Bobby that would be 'phenomenal'.

Under big Ron, he wasn't happy with the first half and pointed out why "Pressing/Spacing/Tempo/Movements etc".

Praised the second half, said he saw some good things but wants to learn from mistakes.
Read the quotes and it put a real smile on my face, exactly what you want to hear from a manager. It's about time we live up to our motto. Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum - nothing but the best is good enough.

Have a warchest.

Look like signing a Villa midfielder.

Everton that.
Really not huge on the prospect of Gueye, he had good stats and is a solid prospect but I just cannot see him as a central midfielder at a top four club and that's what we should be aiming for. Central midfield is a position we've got filled with mediocre options, Barry, McCarthy, Cleverly and Besic would be very good back up options we need to be signing clas players who are a step up from them like Witsel and Carvalho, I don't think Gueye is close to their level. I also fear we won't go for Carvalho if we get Gueye.

Quite honestly, this HAS to be the biggest season Everton needs to have since we reached top 4 in 04/05.

We need to reach massive heights to attract players to our club for the 2017/2018 season with our increased wage structure that will be in place by then.

I wouldn't get too up in arms over signings this season, be prepared for some bigger fish then we are being linked to now in the next campaign if we make Europe this season.

I could see us splashing 60m on 1 player in 2017/18.

It appears Stones will be gone before we even bring someone in. Great way to make a statement.

Stones out, Brady in. Would probably legitimately top myself if that's how we start this "rebuild"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2-1 loss to Dresden last night, 1-1 draw with Real Betis tonight & lost 4-3 on penalties

2 solid games & no new players introduced, but game time for 2 players with a matter of weeks if not days left with the club... Hopefully Kone follows Martinez to Hull as well

I've said this the last two weeks but surely this week is the week!

There's no way it can't be, surely?!

Man Utd on Wednesday, Espanyol on Saturday & then it's the real thing, it better be the week!

Can understand Koeman needing to assess the squad & all, but anyone could see what we need for squad depth regardless & our own staff should know that too. Take last seasons squad, remove the released players & it's bare as *. Now remove Stones & Lukaku who are off, then I don't think a cupboard is even there any more

Sounds like Ashley Williams might be ours? Decent player but I'll be honest underwhelming and pretty expensive (10m) for a player who is nearly 32.
I wouldn't be underwhelmed at the prospect of Ashley Williams coming in, he's a class player and currently one of the best CB's in the league. Has loads of experience and is a top leader. Leadership is something we do currently lack aswell. I for one are excited on the possibility of brining in such a proven player. Not for a second do I see him as a Stones replacement, he'd be a squad player and having that sort of depth and options excites me.

However £10m on a player who's just about 32 is a heap of money for someone who you'll probably get three good years out of and will then have to re-sale value. He'd also be requesting large wagers for someone we plan on having as a squad player. The reported fee doesn't sit to well with me if we were to sign him but if we could sign Koulibaly and Williams for basically the fee we receive for Stones would be a huuuuuge upgrade on our defence.

A question just as pertinent is why have we not sold the dead weights of Kone, McGeady, Niasse (a loan may be coming but still) yet? This week has to be a big week transfer wise - both ways. This was meant to be a statement, a sign of change. So where is it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back