Everton Fans Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Bolasie needs to get on the ball more but has been fine, done some nice things (that cross to Barkley last week was sublime) and hasn't given the ball away badly.
Cant run for more than 30m without blowing up. Can't cross, can't control a ball.

While it would be good to have a few more posters in here, if you're just gonna troll just don't bother

Hughes will sook about the penalty no doubt, it was soft & then even luckier to go in but overall we bossed that so he shouldn't moan about just that. COYB!

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
While it would be good to have a few more posters in here, if you're just gonna troll just don't bother

Hughes will sook about the penalty no doubt, it was soft & then even luckier to go in but overall we bossed that so he shouldn't moan about just that. COYB!
You know I've been in this forum for a while, just been busy with life so I havent been able to watch Everton for almost a year. I will say what I feel like and I feel like he will be up there on the worst buy lists at the end of the season.

Unfinished

Club Legend
Jan 21, 2012
Winning Flags
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Those are the wins we need to keep having fantastic result and well done today, Gueye is just amazing, Holgate was 'phenomenal' and Williams and even Stek were just complete breaths of fresh air at the back compared to the s**t we've endured under Martinez.. loving it atm, also was nice to see Davies come on at the end and thought Bolasie grew into the game well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know I've been in this forum for a while, just been busy with life so I havent been able to watch Everton for almost a year. I will say what I feel like and I feel like he will be up there on the worst buy lists at the end of the season.

All I'm saying is that he came on as a sub on his debut & almost had/should have had 2 assists, played in midweek & again tonight. Can't say he'll be one of the worst buys of the season based on that, he looked lively tonight but still has to get used to the team. He's shown a lot more than some other players have in the last year or two already, Koeman has wanted him for a while & I'll back his judgement in

Jun 2, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Mate, he's played three games for the club whether you're happy or not with signing him he deserves a shot. I agree with you that he currently looks unfit but Koeman plays to a really high tempo and demands a lot from our players so it'll take a while for him to adjust but look at how much fitter we look already even just differece from the Tottenham game to now.

If Rom and Ross could've finished last week he'd already have two assists, I thought he did well again today. He dribbled the ball really well and his general link up play was quite good. Couldn't ask for much more.

As for the victory I'm really pleased, we were super impressive at the back, how good has Holgate looked as a young defender?! Ashley Williams is such a general back there and just what we needed, I know Leighton's penalty didn't really go according to script but he's getting back to his old ways which is great to see. I think Gueye is becoming my favourite player, what a man. It's like he's got a magnet to the ball in his boots! We still need to put some work into finishing off our opportunities but we had no problems creating chances!

The way we got the win may not have been the prettiest but it was well deserved and as a team we played really well!

Jun 2, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Koeman didn't sound thrilled with the result in the interview, wanted us to kill the game, happy that he's setting high standards.

Bobby would just have labelled it 'phenomenal' and moved on.
I love that he won't settle for anything but the best, I do also fear that because some players are playing well we won't see the reinforcements we need.

I hope we don't sign another RB, I want to see Holgate as our second choice behind Coleman. Does the rise of Gueye mean Koeman is settled with our midfield? With Williams being an absolute boss and you could argue him been our best CB will we go in with Williams, Jags, Funes Mori & Holgate? Koeman has already stated he wants another keeper but someone to be our second/third choice option as Stek will be our first choice after his performances over our first games.

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
3 points is 3 points. Can't complain too much about that considering our last meeting with Stoke at home.

Will say that pen was soft as butter and shouldn't have been called.

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Damn international break and then we don't play till the Tuesday morning after the break.

2 wins and a draw from the first three and sitting 4th, can't complain about that.

Holgate been the surprise packet so far for me, very impressed, reads the play well and intercepts well.

Stones who, just feels like the back half don't miss him at all so far.

Rom, will get better with more games played, looks rusty still.

Kev looks like he is enjoying himself, helps being on the pitch and not collecting splinters like Roberto would have him getting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back