Senior List
Aug 9, 2015
joe's garage
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
everton.f.c
coleman signs five year contract.
made up for coleman. our bargain buy of the century.
a long road lies ahead for him, but i like the way our
club has been loyal to him, as he has been for us.

Muffin_Man

Senior List
Aug 9, 2015
joe's garage
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
everton.f.c
a tough game tomorrow. swansea will be going all out to stay in
the prem and all the rewards it brings.

so we will have to be cool, calm. collected
and hit them fast on the break and we need
to take our chances when they come.

coleman signs five year contract.
made up for coleman. our bargain buy of the century.
a long road lies ahead for him, but i like the way our
club has been loyal to him, as he has been for us.

Mitch Wallis had a similar break (both bones) & Redpath did his ACL in the same match last season, Wallis returned last week & Redpath tonight. About 9 months from time of injury gives a good timeframe to expect, so that puts a possible return around turn of the year.

The new deal was always happening apparently, hopefully this situation opens Barkley's eyes a bit (Rom has already mentally checked out).

Jun 2, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
yeah, i expected more from him but he just didn't deliver.
and i don't think he ever will.
I was under a much different imperession, I didn't see how someone who couldn't even be a regular starter at West Ham would be able to come here and do very much.

He's been able to come off the bench and be an impact sub. Has turned a couple of games once coming on. If we're to genuinely improve we have to be chasing much better targets but if he was to come in and help add depth to our squad with the Europa League next season it wouldn't be the worst signing ever.

Jun 2, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Fell asleep at the 70th minute, Rom is starting to get on my **** again.

Win, lose or draw we're finishing 7th. We've really got nothing to play for now. The young players who are fighting for their spots are still really trying to impress and that's why they're normally been our better players of late.

It's been a positive season, Koeman has put us back in the right motion but we've still got a long way to go. With more money coming in, new sponsors and European football next season it's up to Moshiri to make plenty of funds available so Walsh can work with Koeman to improve our side.

We're heading in the right direction!

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
Fell asleep at the 70th minute, Rom is starting to get on my **** again.

Win, lose or draw we're finishing 7th. We've really got nothing to play for now. The young players who are fighting for their spots are still really trying to impress and that's why they're normally been our better players of late.

It's been a positive season, Koeman has put us back in the right motion but we've still got a long way to go. With more money coming in, new sponsors and European football next season it's up to Moshiri to make plenty of funds available so Walsh can work with Koeman to improve our side.

We're heading in the right direction!
We should field the PL2 team for the rest of the season to see how they stack up

We should field the PL2 team for the rest of the season to see how they stack up

My team for Watford:

.................Joel

Kenny....Williams.....Holgate....Baines

............Schneiderlin

........Davies.........Gana
...............Barkley

........Lukaku......Mirallas

Lookman, Dowell & Joe Williams (Pennington if we need to replace a defender) all given decent time off the bench. Mirallas higher up with Lukaku so he isn't so isolated & having 3 players marking him, * this lone striker thing off.

Rom won player & players player of the season, Davies won young player, goal & individual performance of the season (both v City) & Kenny U23 player of the season.

Kenwright also announced Mirallas is signing a new long term contract tomorrow (tonight maybe), good news as we need quality in numbers.

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
Rom won player & players player of the season, Davies won young player, goal & individual performance of the season (both v City) & Kenny U23 player of the season.
Rom stated he thought Gueye should have won both awards and I agree with him. Nice to see Davies awarded for his performances over the season as he has been a breathe of fresh air to the squad and I can only hope he improves from here on out :thumbsu:

5 year sponsorship deal with Sportpesa (African gambling FTW) confirmed, new kit out tonight as well.
Their European HQ is going to be in the building Moshiri was involved in buying, he's really starting to make his mark on the club now

Jun 2, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
I just hope it's not the kit that's been doing the rounds online.

C_3hE25XYAA9gEH-576x1024.jpg

I just hope it's not the kit that's been doing the rounds online.

C_3hE25XYAA9gEH-576x1024.jpg

I put the same pic in the new kits thread on the main board. It looks more like a training top to me, I'd like to think there's been enough backlash from recent kits that they wouldn't release something like that without fan consultation. There's going to be Dixie Dean motifs as well, but surely we wouldn't have 2 shades of blue on a playing kit as it looks s**t.

Jun 2, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
I put the same pic in the new kits thread on the main board. It looks more like a training top to me, I'd like to think there's been enough backlash from recent kits that they wouldn't release something like that without fan consultation. There's going to be Dixie Dean motifs as well, but surely we wouldn't have 2 shades of blue on a playing kit as it looks s**t.
Man I hope so!

Muffin_Man

Senior List
Aug 9, 2015
joe's garage
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
everton.f.c
it looks like barkley is playing his last game for us against arsenal.
what is a realistic price we put on his head?
with only a year left on his contract
would an offer around 30 mill be good business for us?

Last edited:

Teagueeee15

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
With one year left on his contract, we aren't getting market value for him. 25m would be good business, anything over that would be great.

Why is he wanting to leave? Spurs is the best he could do and he would be sitting on the bench like he is with England if he went there.

Back