Everton Fans Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

DCL
Richy Alli Gray
Allan DVB
Myko Mina Godfrey Patterson
Pickford

On the basis that Doucoure is out for a while. Could change to a 4-3-3 if Frank plays Alli a little deeper.

Linked with Jovic, but striker not really a priority as big as a DM is. If we can grab a DM on loan from somewhere in Europe, this could be a massive day

Would prefer the striker to be honest. I think Allan and Doucoure are capable but have bad energy atm due to our inability to generate positivity from effort.

Nice to enjoy a game of Football for the first time since Carlo.

FSW was a fever dream that's ended, now long live Super Frank.

This video speaks volumes to the difference between Frank & the FSW.

FSW had us on the back foot defending against every team, Brentford would have controlled possession and likely the game. Frank has us on the front foot, passing and looking to get forward, it forces Brentford on the back foot and we control the game.

I think we had roughly 60% possession but they did us in with some jammy goals and generally more threatening final third play.

Townsend/Branthwaite/Keane/Holgate/Coleman might just be the absolute worst backline I’ve ever seen supporting Everton. A non-LB, an aged RB and three awful CB’s.

Losing Gray for an awful Dele Alli and Mina our only competent CB did Newcastle plenty of favours.

There was a period in the first half where we really got on top, then scored and they got it back immediately and from that point the game was theirs. If we take a 0-1 lead into HT maybe it’s a different result.

Big changes hopefully made for the Leeds game. Main hope after tonight is that Frank sees what he is working with and adjusts.

Injuries continuing to mount and fixtures getting harder, it will take a miracle to remain in the EPL
I don’t think a miracle is needed, although I guess a miracle has already been provided that there is at least 3 other teams worse than us still.

Win against Leeds at home and suddenly it’s not as bleak. I’m usually the pessimistic one when it comes to Everton but I think we’ll be fine.

3 goals, 3 points and now in a much better position relegation wise.

Super Frank got the blues playing well again.

Fair play to Iwobi last night, he was fantastic.
Back to s**t again, along with the rest of the team.

Awful performance and we're far closer to going down now than last week with other results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back to sh*t again, along with the rest of the team.

Awful performance and we're far closer to going down now than last week with other results.

Jekyll & Hyde, what an awful performance. Same team that put in a great shift and looked nothing like the same team. No shots on target ffs, compared to 10+ against.

Our only hope of survival is to beat the teams around us

Jekyll & Hyde, what an awful performance. Same team that put in a great shift and looked nothing like the same team. No shots on target ffs, compared to 10+ against.

Our only hope of survival is to beat the teams around us
Our first 10-15 minutes was actually somewhat similar to the Leeds game, should have had a pen but denied and then we just never looked up for it again.

By the end, Southampton were far better. We're going to need a lot to go right, especially our home games if we are to survive.

Have to remember it's not just us down the bottom drowning, Leeds only 1 point above us, Brentford 2 points with 3 games extra played and we still have a game in hand over Newcastle and Watford.

I'm still thinking we survive but it is getting scarier now more than ever.

Andre Gomes, ugh…Needs binning (along with most of the side).

How we spent 30m on new full backs and Captain Coleman is allowed to plod around and get humiliated by Shane bloody Long is beyond me. Well done on your tap in last week though…

Last edited:
The only silver lining is no one had any points from this fixture, frankly don't think anyone has any points being gained against Spurs either.

Realistically our escape from relegation begins against Wolves and lasts for quite a few weeks afterwards. Massive 2 months coming up.

Did anyone really expect anything from Spurs? Sure, even I didn't expect a 5-0 drubbing but I expected a 3-0 loss, not too far off the mark.

The real test begins now. From here on out, we need points. We still have a couple of games against Top 6 sides but every match besides those, must get something from them.

Did anyone really expect anything from Spurs? Sure, even I didn't expect a 5-0 drubbing but I expected a 3-0 loss, not too far off the mark.

The real test begins now. From here on out, we need points. We still have a couple of games against Top 6 sides but every match besides those, must get something from them.
I expected effort at least

I expected effort at least
Effort and results don't always go hand in hand.

We showed great effort against City and still walked away with 0 points. Did the effort matter in the end? Not really. Not in a relegation fight.

Yeah we had a poor showing away from home against Tottenham, no effort and a drubbing but we move onto the next games, the ones that hold more promise.

The real challenges begin now. Wolves is winnable, regardless of our overall form. It's at Goodison, it's winnable. Must get points, ideally all 3. I want all of their effort there.

Gutted, frustrated, sad, upset. I dunno, just a mix of emotions.

We're done. I don't know if this club will survive the drop, financially in ruins. This isn't just a simple pop down and pop back up. This club is stuffed if it goes down.

No particular order with postponed and rescheduled games:

HOME
Newcastle
Man Utd
Leicester
Crystal Palace
Chelsea
Brentford

AWAY
Watford
West Ham
Leicester
Burnley
Redshite
Arsenal

“Should” get at least 4 wins, but we are turbo shite and will be lucky to get points anywhere.

Coleman was utter dog s**t. Why spend 30 odd million on full backs in Jan only to pull one off early and not even have the young one in the squad? Utter fraud, **** off.

Doucoure gave perhaps the worst midfield performance I’ve seen in blue. **** off.

Kenny just daft fouls for a red, and isn’t up to standard anyway. **** off.

Alli looked lost when he came on. **** off.

Gordon, Pickford, Godfrey played well. The rest can absolutely get to ****.

Note that Watford and Leeds both won. We’re down. It’s happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back