Everton Fans Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mike Pence GIF by GIPHY News

Boy oh boy. Sounds like Dele really energised us coming on at HT. Who'd have thought our staying up would be largely down to Iwobi (over the last few months, been huge) and Dele.

Lampard is the man to give us an identity again and take us forwards.

Boy oh boy. Sounds like Dele really energised us coming on at HT. Who'd have thought our staying up would be largely down to Iwobi (over the last few months, been huge) and Dele.

Lampard is the man to give us an identity again and take us forwards.
The fact we switched to 4-3-3 helped as well but yeah Dele was decent when he came on.

Massive props to Frank for today's switch up at HT. Formation change and two early subs that both helped get us goals. About as much as you can do as a manager, couldn't have asked for more.

A bit worried about our lack of signings. For some reason we seem to struggle to attract players worse than promoted teams.

Is it delusions of grandeur targeting players also targeted by champions league teams? I think we should be targeting 21-23 year old talent from championship level. Pace and skill a priority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched about 30mins of that friendly the other night. No creativity, no nothing. This is going to be a very long season.

Apparently the 2nd half was better, but Arsenal had already had 2 friendlies before and that was our first.

Nice and late start for us, considering the season starts in under 3 weeks lol.

I’m that off it that I didn’t even realise it was that close, every other year I’d be counting down the days.

Apparently the 2nd half was better, but Arsenal had already had 2 friendlies before and that was our first.

Nice and late start for us, considering the season starts in under 3 weeks lol.

I’m that off it that I didn’t even realise it was that close, every other year I’d be counting down the days.
True but the 2nd half was their backups v our backups/kids. First half was pretty much full strength against full strength. They had Turner in goal, we had Nkounkou starting. No Gordon, but he would be rotating in and out probably anyway.

1658220242319.png

Will be utterly shocked if we are not relegated this season.

The only saving grace is we will have had a lot longer to come to terms with it. The magic of staying up has done SFA because we are financially ruined.

A few weeks from the season kicking off and the list is weaker with no apparent signings of note incoming. Barely able to spend due to FFP and years of mismanagement.

We have to be odds on for relegation this season.
Soton, Brentford, Leeds, Fulham, Forest & Bournemouth all ahead of us on the market FWIW.

Bookies have us equal with Wolves.

Thoughts on the first few signings?

Vinagre didn't do much at Wolves apparently, but you can't really go wrong with a cheap loan and we do need cover at LB/LWB if Myko goes down. Sounds like he's much better at attacking than defending though.

Pretty happy with McNeil, not a glamorous signing or a guy who is going to contribute many goals but I reckon he's going to be handy whipping in crosses for DCL. Not many assists last season but how much of that is down to Burnley's woes up front? Always good to have some defensively minded guys through the midfield who will actually work back.

The rumours at this stage to me seem a little fanciful, doubt we'd have Barkley back but I could see Gana being an option as he would instantly solidify our DM options for a season or two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back