Remove this Banner Ad

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Herald Sun article:

See your club’s draft grade over the last five years:

For those without access here are the ratings.

A+
Melbourne

A
Kangaroos
Port Adelaide
Fremantle
Western Bulldogs

A-
GWS

B+
Brisbane
Geelong
Sydney
Gold Coast

B
Hawks
Richmond

B-
Crows
Essendon

C+
Collingwood

C
West Coast
Carlton
Saints

Herald Sun article:

See your club’s draft grade over the last five years:

For those without access here are the ratings.

A+
Melbourne

A
Kangaroos
Port Adelaide
Fremantle
Western Bulldogs

A-
GWS

B+
Brisbane
Geelong
Sydney
Gold Coast

B
Hawks
Richmond

B-
Crows
Essendon

C+
Collingwood

C
West Coast
Carlton
Saints

Would be an interesting article if they had some sort of criteria for how they graded each team.

I'm not sure how North Melbourne get an A when those five off-seasons culminated in a wooden spoon

And before I get tackled for my team; I think Collingwood deserve a stone cold F. These ratings are far too soft.
We are building. We started a little while ago.

The spoon is not on the kids but the ones we flicked last year and the ones we will flick this year.

I'm not sure how North Melbourne get an A when those five off-seasons culminated in a wooden spoon

And before I get tackled for my team; I think Collingwood deserve a stone cold F. These ratings are far too soft.

Its just so hard to critique without a criteria.

North may have got an A because they have not missed a first round selection in that period with all of Simpkin, LDU, Thomas, Philips and Powell looking like successes. Larkey and Zurhaar are some of the better late picks in that period as well.

Thar being said you’d think an A drafting side would have had more success with second rounders.

Its just so hard to critique without a criteria.

North may have got an A because they have not missed a first round selection in that period with all of Simpkin, LDU, Thomas, Philips and Powell looking like successes. Larkey and Zurhaar are some of the better late picks in that period as well.

Thar being said you’d think an A drafting side would have had more success with second rounders.
Still time for Lazaro, Comben, Perez and Mahoney.

Time will tell with these rankings in the next 3-5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back