Toast EVERY HEART BEATS TRUE

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
My parents visited my house on the weekend (my partner and I had recently moved houses) and I watched the preview of this doco with my dad. It showed a clip from the 87 preliminary final which my dad went to, behind the goals watching that Buckenara kick sail through the middle sticks. insert clip of Adelaide supporter, "right infront of me. My dad always justified that loss as, Melbourne would have lost anyway as hawthorn and Melbourne bashed each other up that day. Still that what if would linger badly for another 34 years. His tune has changed, he said something to me, something quite spiritual. "Since winning the grand final I now view those chances from a philosophical point of view, it just wasn't our time" words to that effect, he definitely said philosophical I know that. It shows how much winning it has lifted these disappointments off all of our shoulders. It all doesn't matter anymore, we did it.

I forgot all about this, so instead of watching the last 10 minutes now ill watch the replay at 9:30 tomorrow night.

Alarm is set.

Fun to watch of course, but must admit the lack of genuine behind-the-scenes insight was disappointing.

I mean maybe I’m such a nuffy that I’d read/listened/watched all the storylines and reactions from the game but I was definitely hoping for more stuff I didn’t know about.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fun to watch of course, but must admit the lack of genuine behind-the-scenes insight was disappointing.

I mean maybe I’m such a nuffy that I’d read/listened/watched all the storylines and reactions from the game but I was definitely hoping for more stuff I didn’t know about.

I agree but I didn’t mind. Most of that was not new to me but for the first half especially I was brushing tears out of my eyes constantly remembering just how far we had to crawl back. Jimmy stories in particular - God I would have loved him to see Max captain a premiership side.

the cats went ballistic and annoying early on and for the first time in a long time, I chucked them out of the room and closed the door

I agree but I didn’t mind. Most of that was not new to me but for the first half especially I was brushing tears out of my eyes constantly remembering just how far we had to crawl back. Jimmy stories in particular - God I would have loved him to see Max captain a premiership side.

the cats went ballistic and annoying early on and for the first time in a long time, I chucked them out of the room and closed the door
Ah, the evening zoomies. Mine were going nuts too.

I think it’s a great doco. But I agree, a couple of small new bits, but was expecting the game to be dissected further. Maybe good to not give too much more intel away anyway. But I think you’re right, we’ve consumed it all already, unlike watching neutral stories.

anyone know if previous premiership docos have included more fly on the wall stuff? Was hoping we'd get some in the rooms at half time, post game etc but I guess Covid made it too hard. Decent watch regardless.

anyone know if previous premiership docos have included more fly on the wall stuff? Was hoping we'd get some in the rooms at half time, post game etc but I guess Covid made it too hard. Decent watch regardless.
I've never watched any before out of envious spite.

I did see clips of a doco produced in 2020 but it was about the whole season following multiple players from different clubs culminating with a Grand Final segment which had camera crew in the change rooms and the coaches box but it was different from the annual Fox Footy one.

I think I'd actually find a doco produced about a successive premiership as the documentarian would need to find less obvious content. This is the main reason we need to go b2b.

A little cranky that I don’t see this in the WatchAFL app. I wonder if the new guy has figured out a way to watch it.

Anyone else think that was pretty crap all things considered? I reckon theres about 5 better productions on youtube and they had no access to the players.
They spent 40 minutes talking about Norm Smith, Robbie Flower and Jim and about 5 minutes about the Neeld era, even less on the actual game.

Kinda just rehashed things that were already done.

I searched and all I got was Jim Stynes documentary by the same name. I guess I’ll look harder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back