Toast EVERY HEART BEATS TRUE

Remove this Banner Ad

Yea the afl one that went for 16mins was way better than Fox footy's hour and a half of stocking fillers.

Got to hear some stuff that we hadn't heard before. Was cool hearing the interaction between Goody and the players, how the feeling was in the rooms at halftime. This is what I wanted to see.

I bet Trac could tell you who played in the 88 NBA playoffs though. I actually find that pretty embarrassing.
Our club played in 2 GFs since 64, not hard to figure it out. .
Lucky the bloke can play I spose.

The last 10mins of fox footy's one was probably the best seeing footage of Lyon in the stands next to Pert that we hadn't seen. Rest of it was stuff we're familiar with already.

The other interesting bits were actually hearing a bloke like Richo talk funnily enough, would have been great to get Paul Roos on like I said, heard from JT, Choco, Burgo and Yze. Blokes like that that we havent heard from yet.

The last 10mins of fox footy's one was probably the best seeing footage of Lyon in the stands next to Pert that we hadn't seen. Rest of it was stuff we're familiar with already.

The other interesting bits were actually hearing a bloke like Richo talk funnily enough, would have been great to get Paul Roos on like I said, heard from JT, Choco, Burgo and Yze. Blokes like that that we havent heard from yet.
Pretty much sums it up that AA liked it because it was stuff he didn't know. Basically was a 40 minute doco for bandwagoners or people who don't support Melbourne.

Only parts I really like was when Gaz forgot about then remembered the 18 prelim and that footage of Gaz sitting up just processing that we'd actually done it.

The docco was fine if a bit basic. Clearly aimed at people who don't spend 80% of their free time on a footy forum.

Well need to put out another for the 20% that do or im cancelling my foxtel

I bet Trac could tell you who played in the 88 NBA playoffs though. I actually find that pretty embarrassing.
Our club played in 2 GFs since 64, not hard to figure it out. .
Lucky the bloke can play I spose.
Lol.

Reminded me just now, for all that the players relentlessly go on about the history of the club and understanding the pain of the supporters, they really don’t outside of a couple of facts carefully memorised.

There was a Gus and Gawny podcast episode where conversation turned to the 64 Grand Final and Gus suddenly asks “who was the Captain?” Angus thinks for a bit and says dunno, Gawn doesn’t know. And bloody Gibby who is a paid member of the media team for the club doesn’t know. ******* unbelievable. It was sort of funny really but kind of annoying hearing them trot out the great names in Melbourne’s history post premiership

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’ll never convince me that deep down, it wasn’t a shot to Max’s pride that in crunch time it was Jackson in the ruck. Kudos to him for doing what was best for the team.

Take the L mate told you we’d get behind the scenes footage

Seriously tho mate, very disappointed with that. It appears they had a mic on Goody, afl.com is our only hope of anything in the future.

I'm the biggest history w***er around but still thought the Fox Footy one was too heavy on the past. There's a great story to be told there but you don't need to bolt it on the front half of the story of the Grand Final - I know they're trying to get normal people to watch these shows and not just enthusiasts but I'd have done a two parter and had the second episode purely devoted to the game.

There was nothing wrong it but the AFL one showed that less can be more - the impact of that 15 minutes was light years ahead of 90 minutes the night before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back