Toast EVERY HEART BEATS TRUE

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
also, good on Vanders, love that guy, made a good point about respecting accomplishments by teammates.
I loved that. My workplace isn’t so bad on the whole, but * we need someone like that to speak out and tell us we are defeating ourselves by continuing all this Australian special bring people down s**t. It does genuinely impact people and then the overall performance. I’m as bad as anyone with this.

Love you vanders

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I'm the biggest history w***er around but still thought the Fox Footy one was too heavy on the past. There's a great story to be told there but you don't need to bolt it on the front half of the story of the Grand Final - I know they're trying to get normal people to watch these shows and not just enthusiasts but I'd have done a two parter and had the second episode purely devoted to the game.

There was nothing wrong it but the AFL one showed that less can be more - the impact of that 15 minutes was light years ahead of 90 minutes the night before.
Yeah I reckon it needed a part 1 part 2 thing. Part one the horrible history. Part 2 entirely the 2021 redemption

GoDees2021

Senior List
Nov 26, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ok I just watched the AFL one, that was a brilliant little production piece.
The people at Fox should watch that and start looking for a new job as of the end of this sentence.

Something that went for a fraction of the time yet *loads more powerful

The little story of Vanders, May and Viney abusing Trac. Goody looking more emotional than the players
* you fox footy

GoDees2021

Senior List
Nov 26, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Also watching that ruck contest again, Viney gets way too much credit and Jackson and Harmes dont get enough lol
Jackson hits the ball down Vineys throat, Vines fumbles it and gives it away and then gets saved because Harmes takes it cleanly and then hits the best kick in Dees history on to Fritts Titts :tm:

Also watching that ruck contest again, Viney gets way too much credit and Jackson and Harmes dont get enough lol
Jackson hits the ball down Vineys throat, Vines fumbles it and gives it away and then gets saved because Harmes takes it cleanly and then hits the best kick in Dees history on to Fritts Titts :tm:

Goody was right tho, Jack did cause a spill, even if it was his own.

Ok I just watched the AFL one, that was a brilliant little production piece.
The people at Fox should watch that and start looking for a new job as of the end of this sentence.

Something that went for a fraction of the time yet fu**loads more powerful

The little story of Vanders, May and Viney abusing Trac. Goody looking more emotional than the players
fu** you fox footy

I like how they gave us different angles also. instead of just the broadcast ones we've seen so many times, the boundary side views were great.

GoDees2021

Senior List
Nov 26, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
I like how they gave us different angles also. instead of just the broadcast ones we've seen so many times, the boundary side views were great.
Actually pisses me off that they clearly have a heap of Goody audio and behind the scenes footy and yet we got an hour and a half of (no disrespect) how good Tulip was in the 80s and how Jim didnt know the rules.

Even just the little tidbit that May tried to kill someone at half time and Gawn and Goody did the calming job, too bad Gawn should be sacked for talking to Trac in the praccy game really ruins his GF Imo.

Actually pisses me off that they clearly have a heap of Goody audio and behind the scenes footy and yet we got an hour and a half of (no disrespect) how good Tulip was in the 80s and how Jim didnt know the rules.

Even just the little tidbit that May tried to kill someone at half time and Gawn and Goody did the calming job, too bad Gawn should be sacked for talking to Trac in the praccy game really ruins his GF Imo.

the bench going nuts after the Oliver goal was a great highlight also, Goody shaking his fists screaming come on, reminded me of when he did the same after TMacs match winning goal vs WCE

GoDees2021

Senior List
Nov 26, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
the bench going nuts after the Oliver goal was a great highlight also, Goody shaking his fists screaming come on, reminded me of when he did the same after TMacs match winning goal vs WCE
There is obviously a bloody likeable lad in Goody somewhere, players love the bloke. Shame that he learnt his media face from Roosy and gives us nothing.

It is annoying me that we are the first club for over a decade not to get the real behind the scenes GF look.

GoDees2021

Senior List
Nov 26, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
For all the we are Melbourne we knew we would come back fluff, it's a much better insight to know blokes were panicking at half time. Course they were. We had the GF won in the first quarter then seemingly threw it away mid way through the third. Preach smiley happy s**t all you want no doubt people s**t themselves.

I been a Gus knocker but the impact he had on that side in the 3rd was immense.

For all the we are Melbourne we knew we would come back fluff, it's a much better insight to know blokes were panicking at half time. Course they were. We had the GF won in the first quarter then seemingly threw it away mid way through the third. Preach smiley happy sh*t all you want no doubt people sh*t themselves.

Gus and Jackson won us the game, Trac got going on again the back of those two lifting us off the canvas.

GoDees2021

Senior List
Nov 26, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Also not enough close up of Treloar crying and giving up, w***er.

Watching some highlights now he actually gives up chasing during the Bang Bang Bang stoppage. Complete and utter piss weak air head. Suck s**t ya donkey.

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

I loved the bench celebrating too, but how amazing that Chocco was calm as anything while everyone else was going nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles

I finally got an uninterrupted view of Bowey’s kick to Gus.

You guys who played the game- any estimate on how far that traveled? Have always felt we got a very beneficial mark paid there.

GoDees2021

Senior List
Nov 26, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne

You guys who played the game- any estimate on how far that traveled? Have always felt we got a very beneficial mark paid there.
Its one of those ones with the umps that because its so subjective they normally make the not 15 call when its kicked, not when it lands if that makes sense. So if they see who its going to and he feels close theyll call it, with that one Gus wasnt getting it till he did so it didnt feel short. Its not 15 the rule, but normally over 10 gets paid. I dont reckon that ever gets called play on in a Granny

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants

I always thought that in general play and hard to put a number on it but it went the required 15m, Bowey was about a metre out from the 50 and seems Caleb Daniel is on the mark around 30-35m out.

I think it went somewhere between 15m and 20m

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
For all the we are Melbourne we knew we would come back fluff, it's a much better insight to know blokes were panicking at half time. Course they were. We had the GF won in the first quarter then seemingly threw it away mid way through the third. Preach smiley happy sh*t all you want no doubt people sh*t themselves.

I too prefer to think about what life would be like if we lost the GF.

I too prefer to think about what life would be like if we lost the GF.

I dont think he was saying that mate, I think he was saying it was a good effort to turn the mood around at half time. Supporters might have been confident we weren't out of it but we were actually teetering on the edge of blowing it.

After the bullshit frees the dogs got for ducking their heads I thought it was fine. Pretty close to 15m when you see where the man on the mark is and where Bowey kicked it from.

GoDees2021

Senior List
Nov 26, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
I dont think he was saying that mate, I think he was saying it was a good effort to turn the mood around at half time. Supporters might have been confident we weren't out of it but we were actually teetering on the edge of blowing it.
Id like to subcribe your newsletter

GoDees2021

Senior List
Nov 26, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Exactly mate, its one thing to have a mantra and be all happy and fuzzy, its another thing to blow a good lead in a GF and then actually have the right people in place to turn it around. Every Melbourne team back to 1964 blows that game when Bont kicks his 3rd.

About 14.9 metres, but who cares. :D :cool: :D :cool:

Back