Every test in an Australian summer decided inside 4 days?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope South Africa can prove me wrong

Thing is, only India and Australia are the two complete teams in world cricket at the moment. The two teams have top batting, pace attacks and spinners in their line up and tick all the boxes. South Africa have a young but talented pace attack, but their batting is a bit of a hit or miss. Their spinners struggled in Indian conditions and their fast bowlers were innocuous throughout the series. But they're rebuilding and I think they have a talented core of young players to work with although they probably might not produce the results straight away.

New Zealand have a gritty line up and have had some great results in asia but their fast bowlers are not fast enough for Indian and Australian conditions and their spinners are not good enough to trouble top teams. But they're good enough to beat most teams at home because of their resilient batsmen and bowlers (Williamson, Taylor, Watling, Wagner, Boult, etc.). England have a similar problem to NZ with their pace attack and their batting is faltering very often away from home. But again like NZ, they're good enough to beat most teams in their home conditions. Rest of the teams are pretty average although I have a soft spot for the Windies. They have found a good formula to beat teams at home with their intimidating pace attack on some spicy pitches.

Thing is, only India and Australia are the two complete teams in world cricket at the moment. The two teams have top batting, pace attacks and spinners in their line up and tick all the boxes. South Africa have a young but talented pace attack, but their batting is a bit of a hit or miss. Their spinners struggled in Indian conditions and their fast bowlers were innocuous throughout the series. But they're rebuilding and I think they have a talented core of young players to work with although they probably might not produce the results straight away.

New Zealand have a gritty line up and have had some great results in asia but their fast bowlers are not fast enough for Indian and Australian conditions and their spinners are not good enough to trouble top teams. But they're good enough to beat most teams at home because of their resilient batsmen and bowlers (Williamson, Taylor, Watling, Wagner, Boult, etc.). England have a similar problem to NZ with their pace attack and their batting is faltering very often away from home. But again like NZ, they're good enough to beat most teams in their home conditions. Rest of the teams are pretty average although I have a soft spot for the Windies. They have found a good formula to beat teams at home with their intimidating pace attack on some spicy pitches.
Wouldn’t say either Australia or India are complete. They are the two best in the world both got very good attacks but batting on both sides can be suspect

heard that before when they had to bring in Kyle Abbott for Dale Steyn.

remind me how that worked out.

and re. Pretorious? Yeah see that would matter a lot more if he wasn’t - in the line up I named at least - the fifth bowler.

3 other guys bowling 140+, two of them from steepling height, kind of makes it irrelevant.

are they as good as Australia’s attack?

well having never all played together, I’m going to lean with ‘no.’

can they provide a threat?

I would think so
Abbott swings the ball but

Wouldn’t say either Australia or India are complete. They are the two best in the world both got very good attacks but batting on both sides can be suspect

Especially against swing. Indian batsmen are pretty clueless in England like our lot.

Especially against swing. Indian batsmen are pretty clueless in England like our lot.
Yeah well we need more of our young batsmen getting experience in county cricket. Notice that since the number of Australian batsmen playing county cricket in England declined our problems batting over there have become more pronounced

Remove this Banner Ad

Back