Everybody's random stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Perisher Snow cam link on 18 Oct 15.

http://ski.com.au/snowcams/australia/nsw/perisherblue/perisher-frontvalley.html

I guess that's about until til next winter.

Was up at Mt Hotham [VIC] on prelim final day... this is one of mine.
Late spring when the thaw is almost done, can be a beautiful time of year.
0714KX9.png

To my friends who record music and upload it, where's the best place to host audio files? The guys at work have suggested that audiobooks might get a broader audience than just a blog-style story and I really want to expand.

To my friends who record music and upload it, where's the best place to host audio files? The guys at work have suggested that audiobooks might get a broader audience than just a blog-style story and I really want to expand.

I dig soundcloud personally.

I currently have two songs in the top 15 roots charts on Triple J Unearthed. It would mean a great deal if you guys could jump on and give them some love. Two of which were produced by our very own James North !

https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist/fugitive-vagabond

facebook.com/fugitiveandthevagabond

Let me know what you think. :)

You climb to the top of the charts purely based on the number of reviews you get. Which may or may not mean that if you create heaps of fake gmail accounts to do these reviews, you will in fact be played on the radio.

Probably not a big deal to anyone but myself, but for a laugh I Googled "chuckles and giggles", which as we all know is the title of my story on Blogspot.

The Table of Contents page for the story is the third entry on Google, and if you got to images, the first four images are from Chuckles and Giggles, done by the amazing Thien Uncage.

:D

I breed Discus as a hobby.

And have a growing bike collection (yes I'm a mamil). My newest ride.

Attachments

• 10958216_863306533752390_8856525694775407008_n.jpg
    10958216_863306533752390_8856525694775407008_n.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 9
Very nice briztoon. Just the discuses (or should that be discii?) or do you breed anything else?

Haha, plural is also Discus.

I have been breeding (and showing) show bettas and wild bettas for a couple of years, but have been slowly down sizing to concentrate just on Discus, which are a challenge.

Most people are just used to seeing common veil tale bettas in little cups in pet shops and don't know how many varieties of fancy bettas are available, or what wild bettas look like.

Orange show plakat (a short finned betta).

Blue crowntail betta from Thailand.

And these are a couple of photos of wild bettas I used to own, and breed.

Betta smaragdina

Betta mahachaiensis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.facebook.com/qldambulanceservice/posts/1055000331198360

The thought that someone would try and hurt a paramedic, doctor or nurse is just mind boggling. I'm sure the individual in question wasn't lucid (for whatever reason) but this is inexcusable.

Yeah that's been going pretty viral. Disgusting. Kudos on the Ambulance service for making this public. Apparently this happens way more often than you'd think and it rarely gets reported on. Clearly the ambo's have had enough.

Frontline public servants (police, nurses, teachers, paramedics, social workers etc) cop a lot of s**t that more highly remunerated people in the corporate world couldn't imagine.

This Baden-Claye stuff is getting a bit awkward.
Before I go any further, I have to admit that I haven't read all ins & outs of the appeal, nor have I gone back to review the original case. I
I do have a very clear recollection of doubting the murder charge would get up and subsequent surprise that it did, based on the case as reported in mainstream media.
My understanding of the case as it was presented, was that there was very little material evidence of murder, while the circumstantial evidence was strong. One solitary judge (and a jury, obviously) thought enough existed to convict of murder, but those protesting should recognise that a panel of 3 judges disagreed with the original finding. The key argument of protesters seems to be that justice is being denied for Allison, however Baden-Claye remains guilty of killing.
What I find awkward is the number of people, including public figures like Libby Trickett, stating that to downgrade the charge is wrong. On what basis are they coming to this conclusion? The appeal to dismiss the conviction of murder was (as many such appeals are) was based on points of law. How many have a very good understanding of the law and have examined the case presented before declaring it "unfair"?

Look, I think in all likelyhood, Baden-Claye killed his wife. Enough so that he should be imprisoned for it, and he is. He remains guilty of killing, and in jail. A shorter sentence is the result, but guilt remains.

I agree in principle to protesting sentences being inadequate, and if the bugger put his hand up to admit manslaughter, I'd hope he serves a further sentence for perjury. I'm not sticking up for the bloke at all, but the responsibility to prove murder remains with the prosecutor. I have heard of numerous "not guilty" findings that could arguably be the fault of incorrect charges being brought. To be guilty of something, you have to be charged with the correct crime and have it proved.

Finally, the media seem to be making a big deal that the Premier won't participate in the rally of protest. How the hell can a government leader be seen to publicly protest a caught decision, particularly while the DPP or attorney general still consider their next move? Be real.

Sometimes people with the right intent choose the wrong moment to make their point.

I've seen comment that this case proves that judges have no idea when it comes to sentencing - Baden-Clay is yet to be sentenced under this conviction. I've seen comment that it proves judges are "out of touch". In this case, the real world has little bearing on what amounts to a point of law. I've even heard people say "why bother even having a jury?" to which the response has to be whether we'd prefer lynch mob justice instead.

Finally, the point has to be made that Baden-Clay was entitled to appeal. The law is there to protect us all, whether we are good or bad.

It is an extremely, highly emotional case (as it should be), but somewhere along the line emotions must be kept in check.
I suspect that "legally" the right call may have been made.
Sure we could argue "the law is an ass" and it quite probably is.
What people should rally against is that perhaps manslaughter is too softly defined or that murder isn't broad enough. An individual's guilt though, shouldn't be determined by how angry we are at him. If Allison's death was indeed accidental (albeit at his hands) then I don't think it reasonable that he be the scapegoat for communities' anger at domestic violence.
Of course he could be guilty as sin, but I don't this has been proven.

This case has also received huge publicity and such wide support, that I have to think that is largely due to the standing of those involved within the community. Their wealth and neighbourhood seems to have made all this much more relevant and abhorrent than if it had been Vietnamese cleaners from Inala. Those planning to rally quote domestic violence as an issue they must take a stand against, yet I can't recall the petitions for battered wives of the 'lower class'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back