Everybody's random stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So I thought I had a job...they asked me to do a one-week trial. I accepted faster than a footy player leaving a northern club.

Hours 8.15 to 5.30. I left at 2. As much as I want a job, I can't do micromanagement, being overly critical and just a bad vibe from the place (no one talked to each other unless it was work-related).

Now I feel like s**t. I mean, I doubt I would have gotten the job anyway and staying in a place that makes you anxious is bad, but I still feel guilty. I don't want to be a bludger!

Don't feel bad Kezz, you were following your gut instinct. The job wasn't right for you.

Long before sexual harrassment laws etc, at age 15 I went for a secretarial job in a small office, would've been just me and the boss. During the interview while doing a typing test, the boss had his hands around my shoulders leaning in really close, gave me the creeps. He told me I had the job. I said no thanks and left. My instinct kicked in that day, the guy was real slimey. Took me a while to get job but I ended up in another small office with really nice people.

You will find a job Kezz, one that you feel comfortable in. You don't have to love it or be best friends with the people but as long as you are at ease doing your job and the eviroment, is all that matters..

..keep looking luv, its just around the corner waiting for you, hang in there and trust your instinct:)

Last edited:

Milpool

Cam Rayner Fanclub Jr. Vice President
Oct 23, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I started a new job today. I'm an electrician, spent my whole time working for one of my best mates, just me and him. Three weeks ago he told me to go to a job and he'd meet me there later after a meeting, that meeting turned out to be a sentencing hearing for him being caught with some pictures of things he definitely should not have had and got sent to jail for nine months without telling anyone. The last few weeks have been chaos trying to tie up all the loose ends and help his parents out who were completely unaware of anything that was going on, poor people even found out he was abused as an eleven year old through a newspaper article.

I never thought I'd ever look for another job, thankfully an old friend owns a switchboard company that has taken me on but it's completely different to what I'm used to. I'm not a very confident person so it's been pretty daunting but the first day went pretty well. Hopefully I catch on quick.

Last edited:
I started a new job today. I'm an electrician, spent my whole time working for one of my best mates, just me and him. Three weeks ago he told me to go to a job and he'd meet me there later after a meeting, that meeting turned out to be a sentencing hearing for him being caught with some pictures of things he definitely should not have had and got sent to jail for nine months without telling anyone. The last few weeks have been chaos trying to tie up all the loose ends and help his parents out who were completely unaware of anything that was going on, poor people even found out he was abused as an eleven year old through a newspaper article.

I never thought I'd ever look for another job, thankfully an old friend items a switchboard company that has taken me on but it's completely different to what I'm used to. I'm not a very confident person so it's been pretty daunting but the first day went pretty well. Hopefully I catch on quick.
It’s never easy taking on new things.
But sometimes it can be the best thing you ever do!

Milpool

Cam Rayner Fanclub Jr. Vice President
Oct 23, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It’s never easy taking on new things.
But sometimes it can be the best thing you ever do!

Yeah that's it, at the moment it's perfect, set weekly hours and a kitchen for the first time in about 10 years. Should make me healthier and offset the wage decrease. Just the stability is exactly what I needed after a wild few weeks.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Giving sensory deprivation a try on the weekend. Given life is one big sensory nightmare to me, hopefully I can get some relief.
How are you doing that kezz? You trying a float tank? They have a few of those at the studio where I do Bikram Yoga and I've been meaning to give it a try for a while.

I wouldn't mind trying the float tank on my ketamine prescription Being 6'3" plus I found that my head and feet kept on bumping up against the sides of the tank. Also, going in the middle of winter meant that there was a clear sensation where the water stopped and the air begun which wasn't conducive to sensory deprecation. It did help me to isolate my back and neck tension though, because you can really feel that you have them unnecessarily tight when you are floating and don't need them engaged. No hallucinating but it was relaxing is the long story short.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
I tried floating a few years ago. It was great.

I started to get mild visual hallucinations by the end that made me giggle but the sense of peace was the best part.

If I was rich a float tank would be my first luxury purchase.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
Quite enjoyed the float tank, although I did get a little bored. The best part was easily the silence. I was a little uncomfortable with the darkness at first but I got used to it, closed my eyes and chilled out. Bumped into the sides of the tank a little, but that's probably because I can't stay still (plus for the first few minutes I was still twitching like mad. * you autism). Afterwards, there was plenty of water and a nice little notebook where I could write/draw my experience to share with others. One weird thing was this green light that played in front of my eyes for a bit. I named it Fred.

Will definitely do again.

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Robert Whittaker
Quite enjoyed the float tank, although I did get a little bored. The best part was easily the silence. I was a little uncomfortable with the darkness at first but I got used to it, closed my eyes and chilled out. Bumped into the sides of the tank a little, but that's probably because I can't stay still (plus for the first few minutes I was still twitching like mad. **** you autism). Afterwards, there was plenty of water and a nice little notebook where I could write/draw my experience to share with others. One weird thing was this green light that played in front of my eyes for a bit. I named it Fred.

Will definitely do again.
Hi Kezz. Thought you may be interested.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Amazing.

47376616_2261774130533415_4864924007528398848_n.jpg

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
:christmastree: Merry Xmas everyone :christmastree:

Have been in Ballarat this past week due to Mum being in hospital, she's fine and at my place now........but I damn near got myself run over (my fault:$) crossing the road near the hospital, by this great big white dual cab ute thingy, slightly darkened windows so couldn't see the driver and it had Qld plates. Couldn't help wonder if it was JB2, as he has been home in Ballarat and Horsham I see........it was just the sort of car a young fella would have, looked a big beast just like him.

I didn't do road rage in case it was, imagine abusing the driver, he winds down the window and it's JB2! I would be mortified! Then again, imagine my last sight was looking up into the face of Jarrod, I'd die a happy woman:eek::D

Doesn't feel like xmas, no kids in our court now.....others still sleeping atm in my house as well.

Enjoy the day folks:)

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Mongrel Dog!
Same can be said for these coward lowlife thugs (the lot of them) here in Melbourne that outnumbered, set upon and assaulted two police officers whilst they were making a lawful arrest of one in the pack in St Kilda last weekend.

Have no time for anyone that assaults or threatens any emergency service personal in the line of duty.

Hopefully; and it is a big hope, the Victorian criminal justice system upholds the newly formed legislation that any person assaulting an emergency service personal faces the mandatory six month jail term irrespective or whether they were drunk, high, low IQ or whether Uncle Johnny did something untoward them as a child. Given the Victorian criminal justice system's record, I'll believe it when I see it.

Link for those who have no idea what this is about.

Last edited:
Back