Everybody's random stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought I was handling my radiation treatment like a boss. Went nearly 4 weeks with no side effects.

Then I got a cold, combined with the radiation irritating my airways put me in a persistant cough situation for 3 weeks straight. Now have a chest infection and torn rib cartilage from all the coughing. Hayfever also acting up. Each cough and sneeze (and there is a lot of them) is like a knife through my chest. Fatigue and skin blistering kicking in too. Thank god it is school holidays.

Fun times. 28 blasts of radiation down. 2 to go.

Thought I was handling my radiation treatment like a boss. Went nearly 4 weeks with no side effects.

Then I got a cold, combined with the radiation irritating my airways put me in a persistant cough situation for 3 weeks straight. Now have a chest infection and torn rib cartilage from all the coughing. Hayfever also acting up. Each cough and sneeze (and there is a lot of them) is like a knife through my chest. Fatigue and skin blistering kicking in too. Thank god it is school holidays.

Gee TBD I never knew about your health problems, all the best and I hope everything works out well for you and your family.

Gee TBD I never knew about your health problems, all the best and I hope everything works out well for you and your family.

Thanks Jason, this should be the end of it thankfully.

Hope everything goes well TBD.

Definitely glad I got my flu shot now (although at the moment I have a cold, which insists on being the grossest cold I've ever had...). Might need to check on my whooping cough immunity, it's been a few years since I got that one...

Same here, all the very best with it. Catching a cold certainly doesn't help matters. 2 to go then you can concentrate on building your strength and general health back up.

Cheers for good health ahead and back to the Gabba leading the chant for our boys:)

Holy crap. Umart.

Anybody bought off them lately? I'm done with them after years and years of garbage.

Months to get a warranty return sorted. They had the item back after 6-8 weeks, just sent it round the country. Didn't care, and even lost it in between a phone call to confirm it was there (I had to call them) and the drive to Milton.

Just... wow.

Make an official complaint to the ACCC ombudsman and you will do alright. Umart have been whacked a few times and they haven't learnt yet.

Used to love Easter and unwrapping Easter eggs.

Now it's just a reminder of Bastet. Easter was his favourite time of year with all of the foil. Cheynee did her best, throwing a piece of foil around while I laughed at her, but it's just not the same as having my Boofy-boy magically appear every time I ate a chocolate egg.

Just got the call from Mum. My grandmother got the quiet, peaceful death she wanted. I know I shouldn't be sad because Nan was suffering but...yeah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So less than a month after losing Nan, we find out that Mum has cancer.

My family really can't take a trick right now.

Attack it with positivity Kezz. I’ve been looked after by amazing surgeons, oncologists, radiation techs and nurses in the last 9 or so months. They are brilliant people and save lives every day.

Once the shock wears off for your mum it will just be a step by step process laid out before her. They are brilliant at coordinating the treatment and care across all the various departments involved. Just keep trucking through the process and let the experts work their magic. Our health system is astonishingly good.

Attack it with positivity Kezz. I’ve been looked after by amazing surgeons, oncologists, radiation techs and nurses in the last 9 or so months. They are brilliant people and save lives every day.

Once the shock wears off for your mum it will just be a step by step process laid out before her. They are brilliant at coordinating the treatment and care across all the various departments involved. Just keep trucking through the process and let the experts work their magic. Our health system is astonishingly good.
All the best to you too TBD if I'm reading correctly that you're also having your own issues.:thumbsu:

Whilst we may have differing opinions on many subjects, we share the same love of the Lions and I sincerely wish the best for you and every single person on the board.

So less than a month after losing Nan, we find out that Mum has cancer.

My family really can't take a trick right now.
It's s**t. It's so s**t. :(

We've lost my father-in-law, one of our closest friends, and will probably lose my grandmother and my grandfather-in-law all by the end of this year. It'll have been a tough twelve months.

So very sorry to hear this news Kezz....be strong for your mum luv and face this horrible disease head on. As TBD has said, the medico's are really incredible and the treatments are improving every day...

So many of us just on this board, seem to be touched by this terrible disease atm. Thank god for our boys who are taking our minds off all of this even just for a few hours.

:hearts::hearts:Big hugs time for all of us I think.:hearts::hearts:

Thanks guys.

I guess the next big challenge is, seeing as it's rectal cancer, to see how many butt puns I can fit into one email before my mother kills me...

Thanks guys.

I guess the next big challenge is, seeing as it's rectal cancer, to see how many butt puns I can fit into one email before my mother kills me...

The most obvious one: "Geez cancer is a pain in the arse!"

Getting a new laptop is a great time to clean out all those old files you have in your Documents folder that haven't been used for years. That being said when your old laptop is dying and there are still files you need it becomes a right royal pain trying to move them!!!!! Thank goodness for Google Drive and sharing your phone's internet via USB tethering!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back