Everybody's random stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive step forward for the state of Queensland last night. We've come a long way since Sir Joh of Peanutland.

Shame the Liberals didn't allow a conscience vote. Would be nice to know which pollies are the true bigots and which ones were just forced to vote no.

Massive step forward for the state of Queensland last night. We've come a long way since Sir Joh of Peanutland.

Shame the Liberals didn't allow a conscience vote. Would be nice to know which pollies are the true bigots and which ones were just forced to vote no.

These types of "social" vote absolutely call for a conscience vote. Poor form from the LNP.

These types of "social" vote absolutely call for a conscience vote. Poor form from the LNP.

So much wrong with the LNP's approach to this issue.

- Claiming that this is an issue that most of the state don't support. Based on boorish Courier Mail reader comments, that is probably true, but so what? If we only policies that benefit the majority, how are minorities ever going to get their share?

- Claiming that this is a political stunt/distraction by the government. Once again, probably partially correct. But good policy is good policy. It is sickening for the LNP to use such an important civil rights issue as a political football. Especially when we know Campbell is pro-gay civil unions anyway. No wonder people are so fed up with politicians.

- Also, on the "distraction/stunt" argument... wouldn't it have been a good strategy for the LNP to just support it off the bat and make the "distraction" go away quicker?

- By not making it a conscience vote, the LNP basically are saying that they are leaving emotion/social values out of it and want to treat it like any other standard policy. If so, on what grounds are they opposing it? It is a policy that provides benefits and equal treatment to a great deal of people while not limiting the rights of anyone else. In a pure public policy context, it is objectively a good policy. Shame LNP, shame.

Got a USB record player for Christmas, am currently listening to Laurie Serafini sing Hard Rock Cafe from the 1981 album where one player from each team sang a classic song.

Now, as I type, Mark Maclure is murdering the Lennon classic, Imagine:eek:

I’ve just found an old 7” of Come on Fitzroy by Ugly Dave Gray – want a lend? :D

[youtube]BQbWk4MPSm0[/youtube]

That is awesome!!!:thumbsu:

I have met Ugly a few times, crazy bloke:eek:

I've just got back from the hospital and am delighted to announce the safe arrival of Quinlan Arthur 3KZ is Football this afternoon at 4.03pm. Mrs. 3KZ is Football is doing well and I couldn't be happier.

:thumbsu: Another to Fitzroy / Brisbane supporter in the 3KZ is Football camp.

Re: The Random Thread

Nearly ran off the road today when I came up behind a car with the personalised plates of....:eek:"MACMUM":eek:

There are 2 of us!!:eek:...

..so if you are driving around SE Melbourne and see such car....its NOT me

...and I thought I was one of a kind!!;):p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've just got back from the hospital and am delighted to announce the safe arrival of Quinlan Arthur 3KZ is Football this afternoon at 4.03pm. Mrs. 3KZ is Football is doing well and I couldn't be happier.

:thumbsu: Another to Fitzroy / Brisbane supporter in the 3KZ is Football camp.
Good on you mate. Wonderful news.

Congratulations 3KZ!!

Congrats 3KZ!

Just hope he's not like a friend's son (friend supports Port, and one day aforementioned son came out with "GO CROWS!").

:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back