Manly, Waratahs
Bring us your finest food, stuffed with your 2nd finest

Very good, lobster stuffed with tacos.

Jul 13, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
On a Halloween episode where Bart and Lisa go into the TV. Before that when Bart gets the batteries taken off him and Homer is there, as a hobo, singing: "Mamma took the beans.DAH DAH DAH DAH.Mamma took the batteries. DAH DAH DAH DAH." Love that one and use it sometimes:D

Swans120

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manly, Waratahs
Krusty the Clown: And now, in the spirit of the season: start shopping. And for every dollar of Krusty merchandise you buy, I will be nice to a sick kid. For legal purposes, sick kids may include hookers with a cold.

Bomber Bears

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2005
Wollongong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Sydney, Liverpool, NSW
Mate was talking about trying to get rid of his double bed before he moves away in a week. I pulled out

"Observe, a bike lock"

Wow, this thread's a blast from the past.

A mate on Facebook commented that yesterday's budget was going to cost him $3 per year, which led to "This is the greatest tax hike in history", "Actually it's the smallest tax hike in history", "Let the bears pay the bear tax" etc etc etc.

DrVanNostrand

Premiership Player
Dec 14, 2011
129 West 81st
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Wow, this thread's a blast from the past.

A mate on Facebook commented that yesterday's budget was going to cost him $3 per year, which led to "This is the greatest tax hike in history", "Actually it's the smallest tax hike in history", "Let the bears pay the bear tax" etc etc etc.

I pay the Homer tax! ... No, that's the home-owner tax.

Simpsons references must have up about 25% of my total vocabulary. The most common one between my brother and I would be, when we are about to leave or do something....

"Let's do it-to it, grammar that is. Hehe."

DrVanNostrand

Premiership Player
Dec 14, 2011
129 West 81st
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just before my brother and I are about to do something physically exhausting....
Keith Richards: To get away from the gig, you have to be in peak physical shape.... *loooooooong drag on a ciggy*

Whenever someone is talking about small change....
"Man I could sure go for a can of corn..."

Someone denies something...
Milhouse: I told you, I didn't do anything.
FBI agent: I don't care.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Just before my brother and I are about to do something physically exhausting....
Keith Richards: To get away from the gig, you have to be in peak physical shape.... *loooooooong drag on a ciggy*

Whenever someone is talking about small change....
"Man I could sure go for a can of corn..."

Someone denies something...
Milhouse: I told you, I didn't do anything.
FBI agent: I don't care.

i believe this was the re-enactment of the tommy lee jones/harrison ford scene from the fugitive. brilliant scene, one of my favourite lines :D:thumbsu:

DrVanNostrand

Premiership Player
Dec 14, 2011
129 West 81st
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I wrote on my mate's (fellow Simpsons nut) 21st birthday card that was getting passed around at his party:

"I'm a well-wisher, in the sense that I don't wish you any specific harm."

and snuck on the last page of said card:

"If you're ever on the east coast, drop me a line, Hank Scorpio.

Oh, and when selecting a video game to play with someone:

"But how is that game going to help your putting?"

DrVanNostrand

Premiership Player
Dec 14, 2011
129 West 81st
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Used one just now. My brother was watching MasterChef (yuck) and one of the ********s started some really lame dialogue....

TV: "So George, do you think...."

Me: "Yes I would, Kent."

DrVanNostrand

Premiership Player
Dec 14, 2011
129 West 81st
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Whenever something about the whole Craig Thompson thing is on the news...

"SEX FARM FOR SEX HOOKERS"

Farmer: I told you, we just grow corn here.
Reporter: And where are the hookers?
Farmer: 'Round back.

DrVanNostrand

Premiership Player
Dec 14, 2011
129 West 81st
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Someone is leaving my house.... "If you wanna kill someone on the way out, it would help me a lot."

Pretty much everything from the Scorpio episode.

Bender571

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
From the episode where unky Herb makes the baby translator.

Herb: [referring to himself] How would you like to spend $2,000 to give a broken man a second chance?
Homer: Nah.

I always use that dismissive uncaring "Nah".

I was at an engagement party and doing the nice thing played with a single mums kids for a bit. Anyway more than a few beers later that night my brother swears that one of the kids came up to me and asked "Will you be our new daddy?" and straight away I replied with "Nah" in the exact same tone as Homer.

Another was a 'you had to be there' moment but it might still work. I was at the cinemas with a few mates. As the film starts there is usually a film company's intro (Like 20th century fox's spotlight thing). Just as that ends and everything goes silent before the movie starts my mate says "MONO - doh". I just started pissing myself for about 5 minutes.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
anytime a hammock is mentioned, i recall the brilliant 'hammock district' conversation from that scorpio episode

Whenever our office manager is taking stationery requests, business hammocks invariably get mentioned.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Hank Scorpio: Uh, hi, Homer. What can I do for you?
Homer: Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.
Hank Scorpio: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks! Homer, there's four places. There's the Hammock Hut, that's on third.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Hank Scorpio: There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There.
Homer: Mm-Hmm.
Hank Scorpio: That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on third.
Homer: Oh, the hammock district!
Hank Scorpio: That's right.

brilliant :thumbsu:

Back