Status
Not open for further replies.

peter9789

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know this trade period looks absolutely horrendous but keep an open mind here guys.
Treloar : hammy is questionable looks good for a about 10 15 games a season from here on end.
Phillips: please I think we won this trade pick 65 is great for someone who just runs also we got a potential superstar in rantall who can fill his role in the short term.
Stephenson: has been found out cannot put on weight on is most likely finished as a footballer.

Sier
T brown
C brown
Daicos
Rantall
Bianco
Kelly
All of them to take big steps and fill the easy void of those 3 above plus we get reef and some other kid the club obviously have eyes in the draft .
Trust the system you can laugh at me all you want but we will be top 4 next year stop sooking you sideshows

Laughable .... simply laughable.

The club leadership is incompetent. Look at the coaching set up? The list management? The incineration of trust between the playing group and club management? The burning of 6 top 10 picks in yesterdays clusterf**k

But its ok?

Interesting

peter9789

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
You do know the reason why so many are furious is not linked to what our potential ladder position is next season.

It's how we've treated Treloar and Stephenson and the perception the club has now created, how future Free Agent's and Trade Targets view us.

It's the price we've paid for Treloar and Stephenson and then getting absolutely shafted at the trade table.

It's watching our list manager stumble his way through interviews without delivering a morsel of truth for our fans to somehow wrap our heads around what has transpired.

Our club is broken from the top down, we've created this insulated world of Collingwood people that is almost cult like with a sprinkling of blind followers.

Eddie needs to go, Walsh needs to go, Ned needs to go, Buckley and his assistants need to go.

Until that happens, you will see a steady drop off of members. The fans have had enough, we are the stakeholders of the club and we have no confidence in those in power.
Exactly .... perfect said.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lol. Utter bullshit post.

You nor I have no idea about Treloar’s hamstrings. Not one.

Phillips was best 22 and Rantall is not a winger...

Stephenson apparently can’t put on weight because he lost weight due to glandular 🥴

All your points are total sh*te
Plus all three players were played in roles this year not suited to their strengths or which exaggerated their weaknesses. Treloar's kicking would have suffered by being played as an inside mid. Stephenson is at his best inside forward 50 and a beautiful long kick of the ball from the 50 meter line but was forced to play downfield. Phillips is an endurance runner only really suited to the wing who was forced to play as a forward until injury struck.

If Rantall is so brilliant why did he not get a game? Bianco was not tried. Sier was overlooked when fit again. None of these players were anywhere near first round selections. I don't expect them to have the brilliance and skills of Stephenson or Treloar. Like others, I will cheer loudly when any of these players touch a ball playing against us. I hope they play at their best when up against our team. I wish all three every success in their futures with their new teams.

Feb 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Chicago Blackhawks
Oh my goodness. If we did not make the finals this year you along with the rest this board would have gone into meltdown. Blooding youngsters would have been more like blood letting.
We did blood youngsters, just none of the ones that are apparently in need of opportunity. Why would I meltdown about this year? I'm melting about how poor our list management is. If these future players are so great, why couldn't they get a game over Thomas, or Stevo? Or Hoskin Elliott for that matter? All of those players had shocking years.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2007
Elwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know this trade period looks absolutely horrendous but keep an open mind here guys.
Treloar : hammy is questionable looks good for a about 10 15 games a season from here on end.
Phillips: please I think we won this trade pick 65 is great for someone who just runs also we got a potential superstar in rantall who can fill his role in the short term.
Stephenson: has been found out cannot put on weight on is most likely finished as a footballer.

Sier
T brown
C brown
Daicos
Rantall
Bianco
Kelly
All of them to take big steps and fill the easy void of those 3 above plus we get reef and some other kid the club obviously have eyes in the draft .
Trust the system you can laugh at me all you want but we will be top 4 next year stop sooking you sideshows
I admire your optimism. When we play the Western Bulldogs next year this is the midfield we're up against:
Bontempelli
Treloar
Dunkley
Bailey Smith
Macrae
Liberatore
Richards
Hunter

Who's your money on?

Sier
T brown
C brown
Daicos
Rantall
Bianco
Kelly

Wow - talk about brainwashed. Don't be Ed's lemming.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club

Sier
T brown
C brown
Daicos
Rantall
Bianco
Kelly

Not sure if you're serious or this is a poor attempt at sarcasm / comedy.

I'll assume you're being serious and debate your position.

This has the look of relying entirely on internal improvement (game and player development)

I'll give the following reasons why this is not likely.
  • Looking at the evidence of the last decade we've had one year of improvement in 2018 and the others have all been in regression
  • The reason for that outlier year was on the back of system and development as you state you pin your hopes on.
  • The key drivers in that year on face value look to be Buddha, JL and Boyd. They have all departed.
  • The current line coaches where we're poor in performance (forward, and ball movement) are still in those positions.
  • Our ideal game relies on possession, we have just off loaded a player that brings his own footy.
  • Our ideal game also relies on unpredictable speedy opportunist forwards. We have just off loaded that player.
  • Our immediate past in the last two seasons have shown only glimmers of ideal game. On face value it seems we can't maintain ideal game.
From a list point of view, we have lost two quality players and have netted zero in return. Therefore I'll assume you're relying on draftees to have immediate impact to counter the loss.

While this is possible it is highly highly unlikely, if they do have immediate impact it would mean they've immediately 'got on the same page' universally with the rest of the squad and the ideal game is the rule rather than the exception.

Can you point to the reason(s) why all of a sudden the current squad which has regressed in quality will be employ ideal game to get us to top 4 and the end game (flag)?

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Not a bucks fan love Eddie but this is about list management and I think they made the right moves in moving on these players in a couple years time bookmark this it will all make sense

It seems you're not aware of the public statements from the coach and club, just this year they claimed to be gunning for a flag. If I am correct that was not realized.

Now with list regression, could you please provide details of how we will improve and contend the flag on the back of solely internal improvement?

That means getting the right coaches, that looks unlikely.
I don't rate our coaching, but I don't think that anybody could have watched footy in 2020 and decided that slow and safe is the way to go. I'm pretty confident that we will be looking to move it quickly next year.

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I admire your optimism. When we play the Western Bulldogs next year this is the midfield we're up against:
Bontempelli
Treloar
Dunkley
Bailey Smith
Macrae
Liberatore
Richards
Hunter

Who's your money on?

The last time we played the Bulldogs, all of those guys played except Treloar.

He didn't play for us either.

Neither did Stephenson.

So the differences are we lose Phillips and they gain Treloar.

We brained them 86 - 34.

I'll back us

No here is why we will be top 4 in 2022 not next year.
Yes a lot of the youth will get game time in but now we have cleared a war chest by end of 2021 with a few more tweeks but hey look at the talent available we could shoot for end of next year.
Following players coming out of contract AND MAY BE CHASING A FLAG IF UNSUCCESFUL AT PRESENT CLUBS
Patrick Cripps Carlton 26
Zach Merrett Essendon 26
Josh Kelly GWS 25
Bomtempelli Bulldogs 26
Max Gawn Melbourne 29

imagine any 2 or 3 of these players at the pies PLUS NICK DAICOS
None of these players will want to come to us the way we are treating contracts these days. Just give up, we are done.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
I don't rate our coaching, but I don't think that anybody could have watched footy in 2020 and decided that slow and safe is the way to go. I'm pretty confident that we will be looking to move it quickly next year.

If I am correct, Bucks repeatedly stated that fast game is our ideal game, in a year he also stated that the flag is the aim.

We've had this discussion before - even in 2019. There is a reason we're not, I'd argue we can't maintain it. If it's not that then why aren't we? Yet the tigas carry on their merry way chaos game and flags.

I wish for a solution to where we are, but I don't see it coming from internal improvement as suggested in the op - not a copy of 2018 anyways. So how do we improve seeing how it's not list or development?

regpies

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood

We made a GF playing quick, then decided to go as slow as possible the next year. What makes you think we’d wake up to playing quicker again

Chief Ten Beers

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bontempelli
Treloar
Dunkley
Bailey Smith
Macrae
Liberatore
Richards
Hunter

Who's your money on?

We've got Sidebottom and Pendlebury, Adams and....Wills... :$

Bom Trowne

Rookie
Nov 14, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As much as I hate to say it. I do think you boys will come out firing and will challenge for the flag again

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I feel dumber for reading this, we didn't make the top 4 this year we sell 2 of our best 22 for nothing and expect to somehow improve enough to finish top 4 next year wow.
Hawks lost best player in the league by a mile and won the flag the next year. players lost from our WC final. ( the flag fav) at the time we lost treloar we gain sidebottom.. upgrade. we lost stevo we gain howe.. upgrade. we lost phillips who didn't play and gain langdon and push quaynor to the wing. all upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back