Everyone calm down we will be top 4 next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 4 draft pick you mean. ned Guy and the idiots that run the pies just sold the pies soul, 3 good players for a mars bar. Cant wait until next year when we trade Grundy for a future 4th rd pick.

Please don’t be a moron - if you think Stevo, Treloar, Phillips & Atu is the difference in winning a flag, you are a BF *******!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As much as I hate to say it. I do think you boys will come out firing and will challenge for the flag again

i've heard that senior players have read this thread and have been hugely motivated by it and have vowed to hit training hard and win the 2021 premiership for the fans. It's a huge relief for me...

So where does the improvement come from next year?

The forward line was an absolute disgrace this year and we haven’t added to that area of the field so we are only going to get worse there

The backline will remain very strong while there is some upside to the middle. If we can get DeGoey through there and Sier back to 2018 form, plus further development from Tyler Brown.

The problem losing Treloar and Phillips is depth it’s really an area we can be exposed now.

Up forward Stevo is one that we would of hoped to see return to 2018/19 form when he was fully over the glandular and out of the hub. Ruscoe is the only player with any improvement ahead of him in that group now

[*]Looking at the evidence of the last decade we've had one year of improvement in 2018 and the others have all been in regression
[*]The reason for that outlier year was on the back of system and development as you state you pin your hopes on.
[*]The key drivers in that year on face value look to be Buddha, JL and Boyd. They have all departed.
[*]The current line coaches where we're poor in performance (forward, and ball movement) are still in those positions.
[*]Our ideal game relies on possession, we have just off loaded a player that brings his own footy.
[*]Our ideal game also relies on unpredictable speedy opportunist forwards. We have just off loaded that player.
[*]Our immediate past in the last two seasons have shown only glimmers of ideal game. On face value it seems we can't maintain ideal game.

Couple of really interesting points here. Some I agree with and some where I have a differing view. Before I give my thoughts though I feel it’s important to state I hate the way we went about this trade period, how it looks like we treated some players but also I’m glad we took some action and didn’t use hub life as an excuse to cover deficiencies.

Agree wholeheartedly that our best year coincided with that particular coaching panel, probably more so Hocking and Longmuir. Sanderson and Harvey can not continue in the roles from this year as it was just horrid and I hope we change our coaching mix.

Our game plan did rely on possession and we did trade away a great ball winner but maybe not one who helped us retain possession or worked defensively the way we wanted. That said I would have retained and worked on that.

I think our forward line worked best this year with a mix of three talls and DeGoey. I hope DeGoey plays more midfield but I’m guessing we decided we could run with maybe only one medium size coming out of the square and went with Jordy over Jaidyn.

Consistency of game plan and being able to move the ball better is in my mind going to be a bigger issue than Treloar and Stevo out.

It’s unpopular on this board maybe but I’m a bit balanced about this whole thing. As I said I hate how we went about it but I kind of get why we had to. We should have just owned our mistakes and got more in return.

If you take out Treloar and Stevo from the first final team but put Sidey, Howe, Sier and a refreshed Grundy back in I don’t see us sliding too far.... but also struggling for Top 4.

The draft is key here. If we nail it like we did with Thomas and Pendles, or Reid and Brown, then hindsight will be kind. Another draft of Shaz and Freeman though could lead to a world of hurt.

I know this trade period looks absolutely horrendous but keep an open mind here guys.
Treloar : hammy is questionable looks good for a about 10 15 games a season from here on end.
Phillips: please I think we won this trade pick 65 is great for someone who just runs also we got a potential superstar in rantall who can fill his role in the short term.
Stephenson: has been found out cannot put on weight on is most likely finished as a footballer.

Sier
T brown
C brown
Daicos
Rantall
Bianco
Kelly
All of them to take big steps and fill the easy void of those 3 above plus we get reef and some other kid the club obviously have eyes in the draft .
Trust the system you can laugh at me all you want but we will be top 4 next year stop sooking you sideshows
I have to agree with you, as much as the trades stung us. Barring injuries we still have a top 4 list.

cant stand the ed and bucks sheep on fb they make me sick
Ed and bucks or media sheep, I know what I’d prefer to be. The reality is I’m neither personally.

Pretty s**t trade period but we had to cut our losses and address the mistakes of the past. Good definitely be better, but also worse.

Everybody calling for Eddy’s head, who will you replace him with and do you guarantee it will be better? Change doesn’t automatically guarantee success. We’ve played in a grand final and prelim in the last three years...had the toughest schedule and injuries this year and still won a final against the raging hot West Coast at home. It’s not all doom and gloom, have a think before relying to much on the fake news media for your thoughts.

Ed and bucks or media sheep, I know what I’d prefer to be. The reality is I’m neither personally.

Pretty sh*t trade period but we had to cut our losses and address the mistakes of the past. Good definitely be better, but also worse.

Everybody calling for Eddy’s head, who will you replace him with and do you guarantee it will be better? Change doesn’t automatically guarantee success. We’ve played in a grand final and prelim in the last three years...had the toughest schedule and injuries this year and still won a final against the raging hot West Coast at home. It’s not all doom and gloom, have a think before relying to much on the fake news media for your thoughts.
Everyone played each other once there was no hard draw or easy draw

I know this trade period looks absolutely horrendous but keep an open mind here guys.
Treloar : hammy is questionable looks good for a about 10 15 games a season from here on end.
Phillips: please I think we won this trade pick 65 is great for someone who just runs also we got a potential superstar in rantall who can fill his role in the short term.
Stephenson: has been found out cannot put on weight on is most likely finished as a footballer.

Sier
T brown
C brown
Daicos
Rantall
Bianco
Kelly
All of them to take big steps and fill the easy void of those 3 above plus we get reef and some other kid the club obviously have eyes in the draft .
Trust the system you can laugh at me all you want but we will be top 4 next year stop sooking you sideshows

No here is why we will be top 4 in 2022 not next year.
Yes a lot of the youth will get game time in but now we have cleared a war chest by end of 2021 with a few more tweeks but hey look at the talent available we could shoot for end of next year.
Following players coming out of contract AND MAY BE CHASING A FLAG IF UNSUCCESFUL AT PRESENT CLUBS
Patrick Cripps Carlton 26
Zach Merrett Essendon 26
Josh Kelly GWS 25
Bomtempelli Bulldogs 26
Max Gawn Melbourne 29

imagine any 2 or 3 of these players at the pies PLUS NICK DAICOS

We haven't landed a big fish for years. Why would the Bont leave behind the captaincy of a club most believe will be a flag contender for the next few years? I don't want Merrett-a tiny midfielder in an era where they get bigger every year. Do you seriously believe the Carlton captain will come across to Collingwood when they will also be on the cusp of playing in the finals ( or already there) with all of their recent recruiting? Why would we want Gawn? Will Grundy spend the last five years of his contract playing at full forward? We are more likely to lose DeGoey in two years time than gain any stars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of really interesting points here. Some I agree with and some where I have a differing view. Before I give my thoughts though I feel it’s important to state I hate the way we went about this trade period, how it looks like we treated some players but also I’m glad we took some action and didn’t use hub life as an excuse to cover deficiencies.

Agree wholeheartedly that our best year coincided with that particular coaching panel, probably more so Hocking and Longmuir. Sanderson and Harvey can not continue in the roles from this year as it was just horrid and I hope we change our coaching mix.

Our game plan did rely on possession and we did trade away a great ball winner but maybe not one who helped us retain possession or worked defensively the way we wanted. That said I would have retained and worked on that.

I think our forward line worked best this year with a mix of three talls and DeGoey. I hope DeGoey plays more midfield but I’m guessing we decided we could run with maybe only one medium size coming out of the square and went with Jordy over Jaidyn.

Consistency of game plan and being able to move the ball better is in my mind going to be a bigger issue than Treloar and Stevo out.

It’s unpopular on this board maybe but I’m a bit balanced about this whole thing. As I said I hate how we went about it but I kind of get why we had to. We should have just owned our mistakes and got more in return.

If you take out Treloar and Stevo from the first final team but put Sidey, Howe, Sier and a refreshed Grundy back in I don’t see us sliding too far.... but also struggling for Top 4.

The draft is key here. If we nail it like we did with Thomas and Pendles, or Reid and Brown, then hindsight will be kind. Another draft of Shaz and Freeman though could lead to a world of hurt.

Firstly, Treloar's ball use has deteriorated because he's being played out of position he is not an inside mid, he's being put there because of our deplorable list management and development has forced hand. Like Moore in the backline, could be a great or even generational key forward but no, f*n Collingwood amateur hour has put paid to that.

Secondly, forget about Sides, Howe and the bear - should not be in that situation in the first place! We are immediately better with all of those players including Adz and Stevo. There is no ifs buts or maybes, we are immediately down two walk up starters in ANY team in this competition.

Everyone is talking about 'oh well we f*d up, so now we've made cap room for next year, let's move on'. How about no, f*n own it Collingwood you f*d up and should be punished. If I had the chance I'd walk up to Ed and punch that cnut in the face, I f*n hate that cnut right now and the club.

This club is gonna have to do some serious mending to it's member base, which I am no longer, that's on them. F*n own it you cnuts! redeem yourselves.

Yes I'm angry and deservedly so, I'm not the only one.

This post is a message to the club, it's on them, if you have a problem with this post then call Ed and the club it's on them not me. They deserve every harsh criticism thrown at them.

Rant over.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
So where does the improvement come from next year?

The forward line was an absolute disgrace this year and we haven’t added to that area of the field so we are only going to get worse there

The backline will remain very strong while there is some upside to the middle. If we can get DeGoey through there and Sier back to 2018 form, plus further development from Tyler Brown.

The problem losing Treloar and Phillips is depth it’s really an area we can be exposed now.

Up forward Stevo is one that we would of hoped to see return to 2018/19 form when he was fully over the glandular and out of the hub. Ruscoe is the only player with any improvement ahead of him in that group now

Will Kelly too

A but thin hey...

Firstly, Treloar's ball use has deteriorated because he's being played out of position he is not an inside mid, he's being put there because of our deplorable list management and development has forced hand. Like Moore in the backline, could be a great or even generational key forward but no, f*n Collingwood amateur hour has put paid to that.

Secondly, forget about Sides, Howe and the bear - should not be in that situation in the first place! We are immediately better with all of those players including Adz and Stevo. There is no ifs buts or maybes, we are immediately down two walk up starters in ANY team in this competition.

Everyone is talking about 'oh well we f*d up, so now we've made cap room for next year, let's move on'. How about no, f*n own it Collingwood you f*d up and should be punished. If I had the chance I'd walk up to Ed and punch that cnut in the face, I f*n hate that cnut right now and the club.

This club is gonna have to do some serious mending to it's member base, which I am no longer, that's on them. F*n own it you cnuts! redeem yourselves.

Message to mods if you delete this post, we're gonna have some serious conversations. Don't lower yourselves to the clubs level, you've been warned! Anzacday Maggie5 jathanas Gone Critical

This post is a message to the club, it's on them, if you have a problem with this post then call Ed and the club it's on them not me. They deserve every harsh criticism thrown at them.

I’m with you on the Moore forward thing too. We’ve seen how hard it is to get yourself an elite key forward. I know he’s also elite at CHB but we’ve got an elite KPF on our list and we’re not playing him there.

Message to mods if you delete this post, we're gonna have some serious conversations. Don't lower yourselves to the clubs level, you've been warned! Anzacday Maggie5 jathanas Gone Critical

One question.. Are cnuts something like pnuts but from the sea??
lolol.
I’ll see myself out now..
(Oh, and I agree with your post..)

Last edited:
I’m with you on the Moore forward thing too. We’ve seen how hard it is to get yourself an elite key forward. I know he’s also elite at CHB but we’ve got an elite KPF on our list and we’re not playing him there.

And there's a reason for that, and it all comes back to sh1tty list management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back