Everyone calm down we will be top 4 next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its people like you that are why we have 2 flags in 65 years.
Mate
It's ignorance that you question this
2019 no Stephenson 10 played 8 wins
2019 with Stephenson 14 games 8 wins

The club is building a list to sustain success
We have the last opportunity to scoop up a highly credentialed NGA, the rules are changing next year and hopefully we get him for a compilation of lower picks
We traded up for dogs second next year which gives us flexibility with next years first
Which secures Nick

Seriously Phillips wasnt going to get games next year and was depth only
Before him as a wingman
Daicos
Sidey
Crispy
Mayne for his defensive skills
Others
McInnes
Rantall
Murphy
T brown
So where does he fit , can't play anywhere else

Stephenson
Well apart from a breakout year when he started ,has shown a inability to play anywhere but isolated forward
As indicated above
We went better without him
( 2 loses west coast and Richmond)

As for Treloar
Well he has dual hamstring tendon issues
Which means as a SO CALLED BURST PLAYER he has lost acceleration
Which means more pressure when disposing of the ball
We all know he has disposal issues and doesn't hit the scoreboard
Simple really

HUB LIFE EXPOSED ALL
Ive said it once and I'll say it again
maturity and strength of character

AT NO TIME SINCE THE AFL STARTED WILL WE GET A BETTER OPPORTUNITY TO RESHAPE THE LIST
AND WE WONT AGAIN

What's really sad is both blokes aren't man enough
Both are self centred

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yea maybe that’s all true. But we are gonna be top 4? That’s bs.
Howe
De goey
Sidey
Cox can see again
Options to push Maynard or crisp up the ground with the improvement of noble and Magden
Seirs time is now and he's putting in the hard yards
Tyler brown has already put on weight and will play
Add reef and possibly 2 firsts this year and maybe 1 a very high pick

QUITE ATTRACTIVE A PACKAGE OF
2020 2 FIRST ROUNDERS AND A 2021 FIRST ROUNDER
A pick swap looms large
Heaps of salary cap flexibility
A free agent in the wings

The following informed people have already explained this
ANDERSON
WALSH
GUY

ITS A PLAN to build sustained success

Last edited:

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
The OP is optimistic however not realistic

The pies pants have been pulled down...

Rest of comp is loving this ..

Never never been more off this club tbh

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m wondering who’s going to kick the goals next year. I don’t understand why a KPF is not top of the list for us. Not even going to make the 8 next season unless the game plan changes or we have 0 injuries to anyone.
Geez
We tried for
Kennedy
Dixon
Cameron
Gunston

What more do you want
Brown and wright will both be disappointing

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its not a matter of moving them mate that everyone is upset and angry about.
Cant you see we got screwed in all 3 trades?
Treloar worse case scenario 14 on its own without giving anything away.
Stephenson 11 and Phillips 25 to 35, with Phillips we might as well delisted him.
A good club gets good outcomes for good people
Phillips a great clubman who acknowledge s his time was up and surplus to requirements
Atu with Nick comming in and sidey playing forward
Both quality individuals
I hope they both do well

Fun fact atu barracked for the dogs
More chance and more opportunities at North
Only player I'm sad to see go

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m wondering who’s going to kick the goals next year. I don’t understand why a KPF is not top of the list for us. Not even going to make the 8 next season unless the game plan changes or we have 0 injuries to anyone.
Well
Cox can see and will do a pre season
De goey missed how many games
Sidey playing forward
Kelly
Remember that ruscoe guy ,who performed well
Mihochek performs better when masons there

Coxy is putting on weight
Mark Keene and Anton
Watch this space on draft pick swaps

I know this trade period looks absolutely horrendous but keep an open mind here guys.
Treloar : hammy is questionable looks good for a about 10 15 games a season from here on end.
Phillips: please I think we won this trade pick 65 is great for someone who just runs also we got a potential superstar in rantall who can fill his role in the short term.
Stephenson: has been found out cannot put on weight on is most likely finished as a footballer.

Sier
T brown
C brown
Daicos
Rantall
Bianco
Kelly
All of them to take big steps and fill the easy void of those 3 above plus we get reef and some other kid the club obviously have eyes in the draft .

Kudos for trying to explore how this period might end up being positive for us ...

... but ...

... for it to be credible and believable you need to do it from a defensible position.

You can’t credibly on the one hand suggest that “Stephenson is finished as a footballer” and then go on to suggest that Callum Brown is part of our bright future (C.Brown was played and dropped as many times as Stephenson in 2020)

You cite players who will take us to top 4 like Randall and Bianco who are yet to even play a game of senior footy. May as well have also included Tohill.

Sier only played 3 games for us in 2020, and his potential is based purely on glimpses we saw a few years ago (Just like Stephenson btw)

Kelly is another you cited, he’s only played 2/3rd’s a game of footy, and in that game he shared the field with Atu (on debut) and Quaynor (First game for the year and fifth game ever). Kelly was by far the least convincing of those three and looked totally lost.

Trust the system you can laugh at me all you want but we will be top 4 next year stop sooking you sideshows

If you’re going to use that language, suggest putting together a better argument than simply “We’re going to become millionaires because we have a bunch of lottery tickets”

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Kudos for trying to explore how this period might end up being positive for us ...

... but ...

... for it to be credible and believable you need to do it from a defensible position.

You can’t credibly on the one hand suggest that “Stephenson is finished as a footballer” and then go on to suggest that Callum Brown is part of our bright future (C.Brown was played and dropped as many times as Stephenson in 2020)

You cite players who will take us to top 4 like Randall and Bianco who are yet to even play a game of senior footy. May as well have also included Tohill.

Sier only played 3 games for us in 2020, and his potential is based purely on glimpses we saw a few years ago (Just like Stephenson btw)

Kelly is another you cited, he’s only played 2/3rd’s a game of footy, and in that game he shared the field with Atu (on debut) and Quaynor (First game for the year and fifth game ever). Kelly was by far the least convincing of those three and looked totally lost.

Disagree Kelly showed plenty
Athletic, courageous
Gets in the right spots
Great attitude

If you’re going to use that language, suggest putting together a better argument than simply “We’re going to become millionaires because we have a bunch of lottery tickets”
Oh man
Stephenson s a immature brat who won't put his body on the line
Won't work hard in the gym and you compare him with Callum

Linda_Lovelace

Cancelled
Jul 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Mate
It's ignorance that you question this
2019 no Stephenson 10 played 8 wins
2019 with Stephenson 14 games 8 wins

The club is building a list to sustain success
We have the last opportunity to scoop up a highly credentialed NGA, the rules are changing next year and hopefully we get him for a compilation of lower picks
We traded up for dogs second next year which gives us flexibility with next years first
Which secures Nick

Seriously Phillips wasnt going to get games next year and was depth only
Before him as a wingman
Daicos
Sidey
Crispy
Mayne for his defensive skills
Others
McInnes
Rantall
Murphy
T brown
So where does he fit , can't play anywhere else

Stephenson
Well apart from a breakout year when he started ,has shown a inability to play anywhere but isolated forward
As indicated above
We went better without him
( 2 loses west coast and Richmond)

As for Treloar
Well he has dual hamstring tendon issues
Which means as a SO CALLED BURST PLAYER he has lost acceleration
Which means more pressure when disposing of the ball
We all know he has disposal issues and doesn't hit the scoreboard
Simple really

HUB LIFE EXPOSED ALL
Ive said it once and I'll say it again
maturity and strength of character

AT NO TIME SINCE THE AFL STARTED WILL WE GET A BETTER OPPORTUNITY TO RESHAPE THE LIST
AND WE WONT AGAIN

What's really sad is both blokes aren't man enough
Both are self centred

Won't make the 8, finished until Buckely, McGuire and co are gone. You forget the most important aspects, trust, respect and a happy work place. All shredded by what the club has done. Playing group and potential players will be very wary of the club admin going forward.

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Won't make the 8, finished until Buckely, McGuire and co are gone. You forget the most important aspects, trust, respect and a happy work place. All shredded by what the club has done. Playing group and potential players will be very wary of the club admin going forward.
You know why there gone
Trust
Respect
A happy workplace

Well done your catching on

Mavs13

Senior List
Mar 31, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
WTF are you talking about. The playing group wanted Stephenson & Treloar gone.

steelebottom22

Team Captain
May 2, 2016
Abbotsford lulie st
AFL Club
Collingwood

... but ...

I forgot to mention the next rusling Trey ruscoe

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Because this year was basically a free hit? There's never been abetter time to blood youngsters. If a player is good enough, they get a game. We had a lot of players in average form across the season. There were plenty of chances to get at least one game.

We had 6 debutants this year.... just saying.

Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know this trade period looks absolutely horrendous but keep an open mind here guys.
Treloar : hammy is questionable looks good for a about 10 15 games a season from here on end.
Phillips: please I think we won this trade pick 65 is great for someone who just runs also we got a potential superstar in rantall who can fill his role in the short term.
Stephenson: has been found out cannot put on weight on is most likely finished as a footballer.

Sier
T brown
C brown
Daicos
Rantall
Bianco
Kelly
All of them to take big steps and fill the easy void of those 3 above plus we get reef and some other kid the club obviously have eyes in the draft .
Trust the system you can laugh at me all you want but we will be top 4 next year stop sooking you sideshows

Oh dear. i want the drug you’re on.

DerekZoolander

Cancelled
Nov 11, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
We could easily have a massive year next year, it will all depend on ready made draftees. in 2018, Stephenson had an immediate impact and was the catalyst for us making the GF. The dream outcome would be we get 4 inside top 30 draftees with the hope 2 of them will be ready to go round 1. Rantell takes Phillips spot, Sier takes Adz spot, Reef/Ford takes Stephenson's spot. Big improvers Ruscoe and Bianco. We do need a full forward so M Cox can play Forward Pocket/Ruck. maybe McCarthy or McCartin. 2021 Flag

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
We could easily have a massive year next year, it will all depend on ready made draftees. in 2018, Stephenson had an immediate impact and was the catalyst for us making the GF. The dream outcome would be we get 4 inside top 30 draftees with the hope 2 of them will be ready to go round 1. Rantell takes Phillips spot, Sier takes Adz spot, Reef/Ford takes Stephenson's spot. Big improvers Ruscoe and Bianco. We do need a full forward so M Cox can play Forward Pocket/Ruck. maybe McCarthy or McCartin. 2021 Flag

Murphy is the one that I’m hoping will have a break out year - he has huge potential.
Also Wilson - fantastic athlete, good size, if he also has a break out year, with your improvers above, then people will forget this trade period.

DerekZoolander

Cancelled
Nov 11, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Murphy is the one that I’m hoping will have a break out year - he has huge potential.
Also Wilson - fantastic athlete, good size, if he also has a break out year, with your improvers above, then people will forget this trade period.
Very true, big fan of Murphy. Still not sure about Wilson but would love him to make it.

Bramax

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
As I recall, several clubs were chasing Wilson and he was considered a good get by the Pies wasn’t he? Didn’t he have an impressive junior footy record before pro basketball career? He seems like a sporting all rounder who may excel at most sports. Let’s hope he debuts this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back