Everyone criticises AFLW, so I should be allowed to criticise AFLM

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
I've often been banned and told that if i don't like AFLM, then why am I here? Yet nobody holds the critics of AFLW to the same standard. "If you don't like AFLW, then why are you here?"

The AFLW is part of the AFL, just like the AFLM is, and yet you all criticise it, and are allowed to do so.

You are also allowed to hate AFLX, even though it will be better than AFLM in the same things that you criticise the AFLW for being deficient in. AFLX looks very exciting, and will be far higher scoring per minute, and with a greater concentration of talent than the AFLM. By this standard you should also be criticising the AFLM for being low scoring and full of potatoes who shouldn't make a list.

All I ask is for an equal standard to be applied, and for people like myself to be able to criticise the AFLM, in the same way that you all criticise the AFLW and AFLX.

Just embarrassing to watch

I’ve never watched a full game (nor do I ever intend to), but why can’t they score?

Should supporters be allowed to run out on the field if an AFLW player kicks 10 goals in a season?

Even a Ross Lyon coached team scores more

They need some modified rules.

1/ if the ball hits your foot it is a point
2/ if it spins properly that’s a goal

One of the easiest jobs in the world is being an AFLW goal umpire, you're pretty much getting paid to do nothing.

Jason Bennett is pretty enthusiastic about AWFL?

Is the commercial where current players are mimicking scenes of play from the past a subtle attempt to hide the AFL's guilty conscience that women were denied an opportunity to play for vfl/AFL teams in the past?

It’s so bad. What a joke that this is a “professional” sport. Under 10s is more entertaining...

Perhaps they should make the women play against under 10 boys team, and if the women win they get to play the under 11s etc...and if they can eventually beat the under 16s only then should the women have there own comp.

Stupid concept. AFLW match threads are a waste of time.

AFL-X match threads are where it's at :cool:

The tv numbers for AFLW are so far down over 50% on first round last year. People have seen past the hoopla and realised it's less than watchable.

Will someone in the footy media be brave enough to point out that the ratings have dropped by a long way and ask the question why?

l0HU0CGzElTqbESMo.gif

The AFL, and the mainstream football media, will have you think that AFLW's game is the greatest footy you've ever seen. Now I'm all for it, I think it's great to give young girls the opportunity to play a great sport that is our AFL, but spare me please. The amount of propaganda coming from the AFL is hypnotising us all into thinking that these games are awesome to watch. There was a 3 goal to 2 game the other night ffs. Imagine if Round 1 Richmond v Carlton was a 3 goal to 2 game, the amount of criticism they would cop would be larger than Rompingwins self produced info on his Wiki page.

About time the AFL and the media called it as it is, encouraged it but criticised it just the same rather than trying to hypnotise us all...look into my eyes and repeat after me, "this s**t sandwich tastes like chicken"...no it doesn't, it tastes like s**t! All for the game and promotion and opportunities but seriously most boys under 15 teams would beat the AFLW teams so call it how it is.

I think you'll find that the women's score just as much if not more then the men did in the first few season of their competition.

Not uncommon for VFLM teams to only score 1 or 2 points for the game. That comp kicked on pretty well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong let them pay there little AFLW sunday league, but its criticised for all the right reasons. I did attempt to watch... my god never again. Was not entertaining in anyway, very scrappy, lack of kicking skills, low scoring. What AFL is known for in high flying marks and toughness (bumps, tackles) was non-existent. Again let them play, I simply won't watch. WNBA is the perfect example no one cares or watches lol

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back