everyone needs introductions

Remove this Banner Ad

G'day. Another TPFP asylum seeker here. Just registered, I was Zorro over there but it was taken here so very creatively I went for Zorro II. Nice to see that other TPFP castaways have washed ashore here as well.

G'day. Another TPFP asylum seeker here. Just registered, I was Zorro over there but it was taken here so very creatively I went for Zorro II. Nice to see that other TPFP castaways have washed ashore here as well.

Its more fun than Manus Island over here Zorro.

Good idea. Tool was taken but went for DMN8. Shoulda gone for the tool2 ;)

Hi all , another refo from Tpfp ( ab56452001 ), not really though , was a member here years ago but I forgot my PW , so just became a lurker for ages ! , anyhow great to see so many old sparing partners on this site swell , here's to the future.

Refugee from the Power from Port .
Name Dave
Age 57
No great football achievements
Fan since 1966
Power and Magpies
Best Grand Final 1977 , but all good
Saw every Grand Final since 1976 , bar 1979 when in Queensland .
Best game apart from Premierships 2004 preliminary final v St. Kilda
John Cahill would beat Barry Robran when they stood each other .
Russell Ebert my best Port player .
Tim Evans my best full forward
Greg Phillips my best Centre Half Back
Warren Tredrea my best Centre Half Forward
Matthew Primus my best ruckman
Max James my best Full Back
Brian Cunningham my best rover
Best wingman John Cahill
Gavin Wanganeen my best Back Pocket
Peter Burgoyne best Forward Pocket
Dwayne Russell my best Half Forward flanker
Best Half Back flanker Bruce Abernathy
Best tagger Kane Cornes
Most exciting Bruce Light
Toughest player Byron Pickett
Nastiest player David Grainger
best coach John Cahill

Hey all, poster briefly known as Baghdad Social Club here, figured it might be time for a quick introduction.

Been following Port as long as i can remember thanks to my old man, earliest PAFC memory would have to be the 1994 SANFL GF at which a young and freshly face-painted Full Credit to The Boys was subjected to his first taste of the Port success and thereafter hooked.

Past fave players and memories include, Wanganeen, Roger James's goal to beat the Brisbane Lions in the last round of 03, 04 in general, C Cornes and Danny Morton (helluva nice guy)
Current faves: CHINGOD, Westhoff, O'Shea, The Hoon, Boak, Wines

Happy to be here!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im sure i registered here yonks ago with muzza as well. tried every email address i have had to no avail, so reregistered as muzza62! for those that dont know, im the silly old bugga who annoys you all in the outer and the bar before maggie games - hence the avatar pic taken by power pete (big kiss to PP and mrs PP) so be nice to me - and yes - its a bit like peter parker and spider man. in the suit, everyone loves me, out of it, no one gives a toss!! ;) but its fun and this year will be year 6 for me inside it.

Name: Cody

AFL Team: Port Adelaide

SANFL Team: Port Adelaide Magpies

Membership/Season Tickets: Silver Member

Footy/Club History in the family: I'm a ~fifth generation Port supporter, but I don't think any family members have played professionally.

Hello, my name is Rod and I'm from Colorado USA.
I'm a fan of your fine game for all of 4-5 weeks now and decided to barrack for Port Adelaide after being quite and truly impressed by your boys style of play in the first AFL match I'd ever seen. I'll probably just hang around and soak up as much as I can from you folks, perhaps ask a question or two also, but mainly learn your game and cheer on the Power while doing so. Maybe in the future I'll have something worthwhile to add to your discussions.
Cheers,
Rod

I'm a fan of your fine game for all of 4-5 weeks now and decided to barrack for Port Adelaide after being quite and truly impressed by your boys style of play in the first AFL match I'd ever seen. I'll probably just hang around and soak up as much as I can from you folks, perhaps ask a question or two also, but mainly learn your game and cheer on the Power while doing so. Maybe in the future I'll have something worthwhile to add to your discussions.
Cheers,
Rod
Welcome. Excellent to see that Port caught your eye!

Cheers,
Rod

Hi Rod,
Welcome aboard. Are you living in Australia currently/permanently?

Cheers,
Rod

Welcome aboard Rod and feel free to ask any questions about the players and game - I see you've been busy with queries on the general Introductions board.

And we have quite a few fans of US sports here so tell us about your favourite teams.

Welcome aboard Rod and feel free to ask any questions about the players and game - I see you've been busy with queries on the general Introductions board.

And we have quite a few fans of US sports here so tell us about your favourite teams.

Also don't forget the Port site and facebook page has lots of information and video's too.

Cheers,
Rod

good to see the mighty pafc making a good impression on some new to the game.
heres some awesome youtube videos that should give you some insight into the club.

Hi Rod,
Welcome aboard. Are you living in Australia currently/permanently?

No, I'm not living in Australia. Colorado, USA is my home. Our cable company has started showing Footy on Friday nights and that's how I was exposed to your game. Different teams nearly every week, so I won't get to follow Port Adelaide on the field very much, but it's great to have a weekly game at all. I've really come to anticipate what I call 'Footy Night in America'
Tonight's matchup is Gold Coast v GWS, I think. At least I'll be able to follow the Port on this board.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back