Everything and anything about ticketing for round 1 vs Carlton discussion

MCC at 5pm
the rest 5:30pm

I called earlier today and was told the only walk up availability in the afl members is standing room. Looks like im just coppen my top deck seats.

Yeh, a bit rough if you pay over $400 bucks a year and you have to stand!
The AFL is a shambles.

If you pay roughly $400 buck a season for an AFL Membership but cant afford a mere $5.50 to reserve a seat at a rare game deemed "in demand" then something is wrong. ;)

If you pay roughly $400 buck a season but cant afford a mere $5.50 to reserve a seat at a rare game deemed "in demand" then something is wrong. ;)

haha very true, but i reserved my seats 3 weeks ago and got Q. I've never reserved a seat that long in advance before, and i've never copped Q when reserving. Could of been because i ordered 6 guest passes though.
Just shows it's gunna be massive!! can't wait!!

Ps don't go to ticketek at the knox newsagency, useless.

But what about standing room.

They must have some tickets on the day......

It doesnt bother me, i have seats..But i would think that some standing room would be available

Quote:
Round One, Richmond v Carlton - Match Update

Tue, Mar 24, 09 2:40 PM Thu 12 March, 2009 AFL Members are advised that reserved seating for the Round 1 match between Richmond and Carlton is currently exhausted.

AFL Members are advised that standing room allocations will not be made available to pre-book for the Richmond v Carlton match this Thursday night.

Limited standing room areas within the AFL Reserve will be held for walk up for AFL Members on the night of the match (subject to capacity).

AFL Members wishing to access standing room areas are advised to arrive at the ground early.

Please note that guest passes will not be available to purchase on the night and that guest pass pack tickets will not be valid for the event.

Exclusive to AFL BigPond Network
SOURCE - http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...0/default.aspx

That new release my our membership department are almost sold out already.

I have 8 in my "basket", considering buying them and selling them at cost price to **** the scalpers off and give them to real supporters but I dont know if I can be bothered.

I was originally after 3 tix (for me, my dad and my daughter), but could only get 2...

Thought I'd keep trying and did end up with 3 tix. So now I have a spare 2 tickets!

Any tiger fans who missed out, and want 2 tickets (seats in Bay M57, bottom deck of the Olympic stand, Row KK), let me know.

I'll sell em to you at face value... $86.70

I've got the electronic tickets on email that I can send straight away. First in, best dressed on this one peeps.

I can take PayPal payment.

Regs, PB74

Eat em alive Tiges!!!

If you pay roughly $400 buck a season for an AFL Membership but cant afford a mere $5.50 to reserve a seat at a rare game deemed "in demand" then something is wrong. ;)

I think that's why people pay $400 and not $405.50.
;);)

And walking up to a gate is not the same as then finding a 3rd party Ticket parasite to buy a ticket.

I just got tix to this game, can't wait. I'll be barracking for your boys so they'd better not let me down! I was just curious if anyone knows approx. where will the bulk Richmond members and the cheer squad be?

Good Luck guys!

The real bee in my bonnet about all of this is it's a double dipping revenue chance( good for tigers but really why would you buy a mebership ?, for the scarf and cocktail night i think not).

What about the paid up members who do not want to buy a reserve seat ,or any seat because they wish to go to standing room every week.

This sort of booking system discriminates against them , if they book a seat they won't use it and someone else misses out, who wants to sit.

Watch this space crowd numbers will be around 82 - 85 000 for this game not the 97 000 they can fit.

It would not be hard for the mcc, afl and ticketek to work out how may people fit standing room and general admission seating.

On the website they could make available to members ga seating and standing with your membership bar code (only 1 per applicable membership family 1 per applicable member).
You can then book whatever you wish.

So in actuality if you want to sit you buy at the extra cost, to sit and reserve a seat , but you should be able to just by a ga standing room,
You can at the dome apparently.
Not good enough mcc.

Revenue raised for this game by Tiger memberships at 33,554 members at a ga price of around $15.82 per game over 11 games = $530,763.00 every home game.
Now though they won't get all of this and it doesn't take into account concession memberships, offset by upgraded memberships.

How much of that $530,763 per game will actually be GA used by members it would be nice to see the stats on that.

This is Gross revenue that we are looking at here not asdjusted for admin fees excetera, but the point is booking a seat is just cream on the top and it's a little wrong and a slap in the face to all 11 game members. :(

what's stopping you buying a $13 upgrade and just standing where you usually do?

From the fact that someone who wants to sit will then miss out on a ticket, it's a principle thing.
It's what i believe in but not necessarily what happens in the real world.
the fact of the matter is you should be able to buy a ground entry only GA ticket they do know about how many people standing room can hold.

If there are any vacant seats at the ground...and I mean in mass, like you see at Telstra 2nd Level (And yes, I know why Level 2 at Telstra is usually vacant!) then we should find out who is responsible, and lynch the buggers, cause there will certainly be Tigers who won't get in to the 'G' on Thursday night.

When I was talking to our membership department this afternoon about standing room tickets, I was told that there will be a limited amount available at the gate but the MCC is holding onto them and doesn't want to advertise it in the media as they know that they will get too many people coming already compared what is available for standing room without advertising it.

So while they're calling it a sell out, it may not be completely sold out, with only all reserved seats sold. Keep an ear and eye out about it. :thumbsu:

Hi guys,

I’ve got an extra ticket for tomorrow night’s game that I’m trying to get rid of (at face value of course, $33.85, will settle it at $30 though) after a mate that was supposed to be coming has pulled out.

The seat is in Q10 (Top deck Southern Stand, Punt Rd forward pocket/flank), Row S.

Now, I booked the ticket in a group with 2 other adult tickets, plus a kids & my reserved seat upgrade ticket. The upgrade and kids seat are on either end of the group, so this seat is in the middle of the 5, but I’d ask that the buyer takes one end (or it’s not a worry if you just want to use it to guarantee you’ll get in for standing room).

CBD pick up during business hours today or tomorrow is preferable, as I don’t really know exactly what time I’ll be getting to the ground after work tomorrow night.

PM me if you’re interested. I'll be checking in throughout the day.

Cheers.

EDIT: TICKET IS NOW GONE

A mate rang the MCC this morning and was told there will be "about 2000" standing room places available on the night when the gates open. Standing room capacity at the MCG is 5000.

Back