Sport Everything Soccer

Remove this Banner Ad

Ange Postocoglou doing a real number in England, not just on field but off it.

Media conferences are as watchable as the football spurs are playing

This weeks singer was asked about the honeymoon period to which he replied the honeymoon period h had was sitting on the beach with rink not losing his clubs best player in history and starting again a week out from the end of the window.

Last fortnight he was asked about Ā£45m ā€œbargainā€ James Maddinson. That ainā€™t a bargain where Iā€™m from mate

Love it

Heā€™s got spurs playing football again that attracts the masses to watch and his persona and charm has people invested back in the club with a tempered expectation of I think we can win, I will win, but letā€™s go out and win then celebrate.

Genuinely havenā€™t been this excited for a spurs team since the year after making UCL final and top four finish under Poch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ange Postocoglou doing a real number in England, not just on field but off it.

Media conferences are as watchable as the football spurs are playing

This weeks singer was asked about the honeymoon period to which he replied the honeymoon period h had was sitting on the beach with rink not losing his clubs best player in history and starting again a week out from the end of the window.

Last fortnight he was asked about Ā£45m ā€œbargainā€ James Maddinson. That ainā€™t a bargain where Iā€™m from mate

Love it

Heā€™s got spurs playing football again that attracts the masses to watch and his persona and charm has people invested back in the club with a tempered expectation of I think we can win, I will win, but letā€™s go out and win then celebrate.

Genuinely havenā€™t been this excited for a spurs team since the year after making UCL final and top four finish under Poch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's amazing.

He's taken over a squad built for Conte, 3 at the back, etc, and drilled in defence and gotten results immediately. It shouldn't be going this well.

He combines the aloofness and intensity of a gun international manager with the humility and positivity I'd associate with the AFL.

It's a very rare combination.

Even the way he spoke about Richarlison. There are plenty who would have binned 'Richy' by now and left him to rot.

I thought he'd do something like this, making immediate impact. I think it's because he's been around and had to deal with big set backs himself. I get the impression he knows how to give a guy a second go and that players know it when they hear it and feed off that confidence.

Whether it's a striker who knows he's not initially suited to the system or a left back who is really a winger/wing back at this stage of his career or someone who'd previously been left it. It's going much better than it had a right to and I reckon it snowballs from here.

It's amazing.

He's taken over a squad built for Conte, 3 at the back, etc, and drilled in defence and gotten results immediately. It shouldn't be going this well.

He combines the aloofness and intensity of a gun international manager with the humility and positivity I'd associate with the AFL.

It's a very rare combination.

Even the way he spoke about Richarlison. There are plenty who would have binned 'Richy' by now and left him to rot.

I thought he'd do something like this, making immediate impact. I think it's because he's been around and had to deal with big set backs himself. I get the impression he knows how to give a guy a second go and that players know it when they hear it and feed off that confidence.

Whether it's a striker who knows he's not initially suited to the system or a left back who is really a winger/wing back at this stage of his career or someone who'd previously been left it. It's going much better than it had a right to and I reckon it snowballs from here.
Watched a youtube clip recently and when he has gone to a club he has embraced that clubs weakness, enhanced that clubs strength and built the weakness in year two.

Yokohama were poor defensively in year one when he got there then went on a tear in year two and conceded stuff all goals iirc. Hereā€™s hoping he can do something similar at Tottenham.

He seems like a perfect fit for upper management. He knows itā€™s a good opportunity and is hand selected and given time not the hand picked to deliver success the previous two were. Juno was a complete disaster when you look back on it.

I knew citizen-erased was a YID, do you loosely follow Tottenham or just a football soccer enthusiast following an Aussies journey?

Watched a youtube clip recently and when he has gone to a club he has embraced that clubs weakness, enhanced that clubs strength and built the weakness in year two.

Yokohama were poor defensively in year one when he got there then went on a tear in year two and conceded stuff all goals iirc. Hereā€™s hoping he can do something similar at Tottenham.

He seems like a perfect fit for upper management. He knows itā€™s a good opportunity and is hand selected and given time not the hand picked to deliver success the previous two were. Juno was a complete disaster when you look back on it.

I knew citizen-erased was a YID, do you loosely follow Tottenham or just a football soccer enthusiast following an Aussies journey?

The latter.

Got back into soccer when I realised Serie A was on Kayo. Follow AC Milan (they so similar to Essendon it is scary) and players I like/am interested in.

I have no loyalties in the Premier League. Followed Leeds when Kewell and Viduka were there.

I'm sort of following Villa because Zaniolo is there and he is Petracca 2019/2020 just waiting to blow the whole thing up (which can be said for most of Italy's really talented attacking players).

I have a long standing soft spot for Newcastle, dating back to the late 90 and Ginola. It's also 'deplorables' country after all. I'd prefer to see them become a powerful club because they are actually big and not some pissant London club propped up by acknowledge and unacknowledged money laundering operations...or Man City.

Have no historical care for Tottenham but would rather them win it than anyone else while Ange is there.

You're a Spurs fan aren't you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The latter.

Got back into soccer when I realised Serie A was on Kayo. Follow AC Milan (they so similar to Essendon it is scary) and players I like/am interested in.

I have no loyalties in the Premier League. Followed Leeds when Kewell and Viduka were there.

I'm sort of following Villa because Zaniolo is there and he is Petracca 2019/2020 just waiting to blow the whole thing up (which can be said for most of Italy's really talented attacking players).

I have a long standing soft spot for Newcastle, dating back to the late 90 and Ginola. It's also 'deplorables' country after all. I'd prefer to see them become a powerful club because they are actually big and not some pissant London club propped up by acknowledge and unacknowledged money laundering operations...or Man City.

Have no historical care for Tottenham but would rather them win it than anyone else while Ange is there.

You're a Spurs fan aren't you?
Back when PS3 became a thing for me and didn't want to be another Red or plastic so played Spurs on career mode on Fifa 10, Modric, Bale, Huddlestone, Tom Parker Michael Dawson were rocks. Didn't see Ledley King at his best but was on the fringes if my 35 year old ass memory serves me correctly.

When we sold Bale the fabric of Tottenham was sold, doesn't feel the same as with Harry going.

There's also the fact English sports fans secretly admire the way Australians play sport, and that very trait is coming through in Ange, in the press box and on the pitch.
Is this actually a thing?

And says it how it is in a funny yet direct way the plebs and bottom feeders can relate to. Thats why I love his pressers

Is this actually a thing?

And says it how it is in a funny yet direct way the plebs and bottom feeders can relate to. Thats why I love his pressers

The other thing is, most are used to foreign managers coming in whose grasp of English isnt always peak .. they always speak of mentalities, of situations, of qualities... like all these words pulled from a dictionary.

Then you get Ange, English is his first language, but an even more languid relaxed English (Australian) he comes across as so open and refreshed compared with the regular new manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Back