Sport Everything Soccer

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Jose to Spurs...this can only be spectacularly good or bad for them. One can make an argument for both. It's going to be interesting to see.

Old mate levy tight as a drum.... Jose will act up at the first sign he can't buy his way to a title..

That being said the existing squad is decent. But spurs are used to playing a certain way, they will riot if they get the Jose 1 - 0 dourness

Stopher

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2012
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Old mate levy tight as a drum.... Jose will act up at the first sign he can't buy his way to a title..

That being said the existing squad is decent. But spurs are used to playing a certain way, they will riot if they get the Jose 1 - 0 dourness
I'm hoping Son is true to his word and leaves now that Poch is gone...he'd be a fantastic addition to the reds!

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
It's a real possibility. Another one is Bayern. Someone pointed out that Bayern may well end up sacking the coach that won a game 7-2, only to hire the guy from the losing side!

my bet is AC Milan, big clubs like that worth heavy hitters behind the scenes don't deal well with being as low as they have been - Argentina is basically an extension of Italy anyway

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Jose Mourinho in press conference: "I am humble."

Five minutes later, Mourinho was asked if he thinks losing the Champions League final affected the Spurs squad: "I don't know because I never lost a Champions League final."

He's back.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Jose to Spurs...this can only be spectacularly good or bad for them. One can make an argument for both. It's going to be interesting to see.
Having had time to deccipher what's happened. I don't mind the Jose in movement. Poch is a great man manager, having given opportunities to many younger players (Foyth, Winks, KWP) and giving the confidence to others (Dele, Aurier), he was a perfect fit at the time for the Spurs rebuild. With so many pieces of the chess board now in place, it's time to get that hardened edge in our manager which is where Jose comes along.

Poch was good at rubbing the players back, covering for the bad times, being humble in the good. Jose will say it how it is, will be more brutal to the players when required. I like it. A bit like Ross Lyon in AFL circles. A finishing coah, someone to take club to the pinnacle. In this case, Jose's record speaks for itself as much as he may rub people up the wrong way.

Just on Spurs, slipped 2 - 0 down (at home) to a paltry Olympiakos, in this morning's UCL, re gained composure to level 2- 2 and then power home and finish off 4 - 2 with our Talisman scoring a brace giving us the win.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Having had time to deccipher what's happened. I don't mind the Jose in movement. Poch is a great man manager, having given opportunities to many younger players (Foyth, Winks, KWP) and giving the confidence to others (Dele, Aurier), he was a perfect fit at the time for the Spurs rebuild. With so many pieces of the chess board now in place, it's time to get that hardened edge in our manager which is where Jose comes along.

Poch was good at rubbing the players back, covering for the bad times, being humble in the good. Jose will say it how it is, will be more brutal to the players when required. I like it. A bit like Ross Lyon in AFL circles. A finishing coah, someone to take club to the pinnacle. In this case, Jose's record speaks for itself as much as he may rub people up the wrong way.

Just on Spurs, slipped 2 - 0 down (at home) to a paltry Olympiakos, in this morning's UCL, re gained composure to level 2- 2 and then power home and finish off 4 - 2 with our Talisman scoring a brace giving us the win.

Greeks only ever good for half a shift ;)

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Yoda_

seriously though, I thought i could read the script perfectly - i was only just saying to a mate as spurs went 2 down, this will be the narrative.

The greeks now put half of sparta behind the ball, Jose will complain at the post match presser that they were they only team trying to play, negativity starts, jose complains its not his team, he needs to spend.. and on goes the cycle of jose.

then i look again and its 2-2, then i look again and its 2-4.

was my face red ;)

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Yoda_

seriously though, I thought i could read the script perfectly - i was only just saying to a mate as spurs went 2 down, this will be the narrative.

The greeks now put half of sparta behind the ball, Jose will complain at the post match presser that they were they only team trying to play, negativity starts, jose complains its not his team, he needs to spend.. and on goes the cycle of jose.

then i look again and its 2-2, then i look again and its 2-4.

was my face red ;)

Yep, played the script to a tee

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
I didn't see it but I'll wager he showed more hustle than that Swansea one that time?
You need to see it. It actually quite an amazing piece of work.

All Spurs forwards still running into space, ball movement was quick as a flash, Olympiacos just had no time to settle and were kept moving, Kane gets it inside the box, GOALSKI, Mourinho loses his mind over quick thinking ball boy.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
And to absolutely no one's surprise, Man City has been found guilty of breaching FIFA's FFP rules and have been banned from the champions league for two years.

Watch Guardiola jump ship now that the citizens have to balance their books and can't go and buy him the $50m players he needs to play his 'system'.

At least my team Bayern will be able lower Sane's purchase price a bit

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Apr 1, 2008
NASA
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg
Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Net spend mate. Bayern are €328m in the red over the past decade, Dortmund €106m in the black.
It's a fair point. However I would argue to some extent that it highlights the team build strategies they have.

Dortmund purchase, develop and sell players as a list management strategy (which clearly works) e.g Pulisic, Dembele, Aubamayang etc and likely Haaland and Sancho to follow.

Bayern tend to keep their players though (often for too long) which means when you they do well players of (previously) high quality it is at a lower price than they bought them and after a long period of time (Robben, Ribery, Vidal just recently for example) or they just didn't fit (Sanches, Costa and likely Tolisso).

Like I said, I am not saying Bayern don't spend money, they clearly do.
Just not at the rate of the EPL and other big euro club's do, and not all that much more in gross expenditure than Dortmund.

Back