Movies & TV Everything Star Wars

I’m mostly satisfied with the basic story, even the parts that were loose with the canon, it was just the cheap execution that disappointed me. Just so many plot holes and inadequate music.

I found myself annoyed that they cheaped out on directing, writing, effects and music.
The budget really really hurt the product in the end.
There was room for a really strong character piece between obiwan and Vader, yet we got inquisitors the show for most of it.

The final two episodes were ok, and it felt like they had a couple of things they really wanted to do and they half assed a story around those moments to get us to them.
The Vadar scene with the red and blue light was a cool moment but may have felt better if the rest of the show was not so weak.

Found myself just annoyed that after all this time this is what we got.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
I’m mostly satisfied with the basic story, even the parts that were loose with the canon, it was just the cheap execution that disappointed me. Just so many plot holes and inadequate music.

If you listen to the score it's actually quite good, there are many occasions where it lends itself toward tunes from the original films like the imperial march or dual of the fates or across the stars, ect but with purposeful unfinished twists in the music to make it sound different to the original. IE the imperial march style score had a less imposing tilt to it cause Vader wasn't yet the finished article, the dual of the fates style tune has a bit more sadness worked into it, I think the only time a track from the origin films is heard, is late in the last episode where the imperial march finally kicks in with full gravitas.

The only thing that really annoyed me was the fact that despite Leia and Obiwan clearly having had a memorable adventure together her recorded message in ep 4 addressed him as a stranger.. "General Kenobi, years ago you aided my father in the clone wars" etc.

The inquisitors were a bit naff I guess but nowhere near the mod squad in boba fet.

Overall I enjoyed it.

Jul 17, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
People keep telling me Andor is great but I’m waiting for reviews from the only people I trust…the people of BF Essendon Everything Star Wars page
667F38D7-64CD-4FEA-AAED-3B9CB0D24A78.jpeg

Back