Movies & TV Everything Star Wars

Remove this Banner Ad

The flipside is something like the kingsman sequel (which I need to get around to watching) which pissed off the director by spoiling a major plot twist in the previews

That's just s**t moviemaking. And by all reports it was a s**t movie. Probably had nothing else to show in the trailer

That's just s**t moviemaking. And by all reports it was a s**t movie. Probably had nothing else to show in the trailer
Nah it was decent

I think these movies all suffer from expectation lag

They are built up so much they are hard to live up to... Not only that, but I think they actively fan the flames in the previews, not just the expectations but they push the narratives in the previews by selectivley editing them in certain ways to lead ppl astray.

The previews are little taster pieces sure, but they make sure they lead people's thoughts in the wrong direction , I think it's a bad idea. Leads to dissapointment. Don't play games man,

Yeah I lament the days of informative yet vague trailers where you understood the premise and the tone but not much else.

I think with this film part of my initial reaction was complete shock, as I'd tried to outthink it and got sat on my arse which is simply not how Star Wars films behave, there's usually a degree of box-checking which is all TFA felt like to me (one of two times I've walked out of the theatre after a SW film totally dejected and wondering if I even liked it in the first place).

What an absolute mind**** it would have been to get the Papa Skywalker twist cold.
probably similar to the Kylo killing Snoke twist in the last Jedi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Props for making me Google 'bifurcation'.
Wow, really?

tenor.gif

Wow, really?

tenor.gif

Yep - the structure of the word (bi) along with the content of the sentence meant I 'got it' - but can't recall hearing that word used before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back