Movies & TV Everything Star Wars

Remove this Banner Ad

:D

I thought all of the bounty hunters would do quite well but IG-88 was disappointing at $17.50. He was one of my favourites because he came with 2 big guns. Not sure any other figure did. Boba Fett went for $158 and Zuckuss went for $160. He had the best gun of any action figure I reckon. 4-Lom went for $42 and Dengar $58. The poxy Cloud Car Pilot went for $53 yet the AT-AT driver only got $22. Another cool figure with a great gun. Emperor's Royal Guard $56 and Luke in Bespin Fatigues $62. 2-1B (the medical droid seen in the Luke in the bacta tank scene in ESB) went for $63 and the TIE Fighter Pilot $77. So all up $3031 from 37 items. :)

All done and dusted for now. I'm going to have a little rest before I do anything else. Pretty stressful trying to package them all up and send them all over the globe. Norway, US, Argentina, Germany. The guy who won the Yoda back and Darth Vader only paid last night. Was starting to get a bit worried about that one given it was over $500. I kept having major paranoia attacks that I'd sent the wrong figures to the wrong people to the point where I was considering opening up the packages to set my mind at ease. Pretty sure it's all good though..

I have a bunch of loose figures to do still but I'd be shocked if they go for anywhere near what the ones with backs have. Then I'll move on to the vehicles and miscellaneous items like trading cards, model kits etc. Also have this watch that is still in it's packaging which should fetch a few hundred judging by the others around. I'll keep you posted!
you should invest all of that into crypto currency

Weird that IG-88 didn't sell for much. Any idea what it cost at release? $17.50 is probably about the same price.
lol no mate. There was nothing that dear. Quite a few backs had the original price tags on them. I vaguely remember picking up Princess Leia and the Imperial Dignitary with the coins during clearance sales for 99c marked down from $2.99. Han Solo in carbonite was $4.99. The Yoda back that went for $450 was marked down to $2.79. :D

lol no mate. There was nothing that dear. Quite a few backs had the original price tags on them. I vaguely remember picking up Princess Leia and the Imperial Dignitary with the coins during clearance sales for 99c marked down from $2.99. Han Solo in carbonite was $4.99. The Yoda back that went for $450 was marked down to $2.79. :D
Holy s**t. What time frame?

Were they all from the movie runs Beery? Nothing from Kenner's Power of the Force line? (not to be confused with Hasbro's Power of the Force 90s revival)
They were all from the movie runs (all the backs were copyright 79 to 84). The Power of the Force line were the ones with the coins. I had 5 of those.

I have Luke in flight gear from the 90's steroid munching line. Don't expect to get much for it but it is unopened so at least I will get top dollar whatever that is.

I have Luke in flight gear from the 90's steroid munching line. Don't expect to get much for it but it is unopened so at least I will get top dollar whatever that is.

I assume the pre-97 red saber ones are more valuable than the SE-onwards ones

No idea. Do you have some stuff?

All opened and partially demolished by my brother. Highlights include:

• A Jedi Knight Luke with a lightsaber which my brother chewed and turned into a light...patty
  • A Boba Fett with a super-spinny hip and a lost antenna
  • Senator Palpatine with a bent finger
  • A capeless Vader
  • An earless Jar Jar Binks
Most hilariously there was a Jango Fett which had a head that was meant to come off which is the Best Star Wars figure ever

LOL

Eh.. you should see my Greedo. Was the first figure I ever bought. I chewed off his antennae and somehow managed to leave nibble marks at the tips of both feet. I'm not sure I'll bother putting him up for auction although it might be worth starting at 1c out of curiosity if it wasn't for the embarrassment associated with the truth. Actually maybe I can use a fictional brother in the description. :think:

All opened and partially demolished by my brother. Highlights include:

• A Jedi Knight Luke with a lightsaber which my brother chewed and turned into a light...patty
  • A Boba Fett with a super-spinny hip and a lost antenna
  • Senator Palpatine with a bent finger
  • A capeless Vader
  • An earless Jar Jar Binks
Most hilariously there was a Jango Fett which had a head that was meant to come off which is the Best Star Wars figure ever
Sounds like solid inspiration for the next Toy Story movie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turns out it's quite decent, provided you're happy to go with low stakes and something dedicated to the underworld of the Star Wars universe rather than galaxy-shattering events. It doesn't all work, but it hits the Western notes and a few of the caper films notes well too. I thought Ehrenreich did a pretty good job, too, even though he's closer to being a young Jack Nicholson than a young Harrison Ford.

they say the han chewie chemisty is pure gold though - that's some feat to create chemisty with a puppet...

Two things: that's not a puppet, and Mark Hamill's chemistry (all three times) with Frank Oz's puppetry of Yoda is amazing. In fact, Oz has always said that Hamill is 50% of what makes it work.

Watched it tonight. Donald Glover was a good Lando. The timeline is extremely confusing though.

Everybody is saying that it's 10 years prior to A New Hope but that would be impossible. Darth Maul was seen at the end, and he was killed in 32 BBY, 22 years before this was supposedly set, and 3 years before Han was supposedly born. The maths simply doesn't add up.

Watched it tonight. Donald Glover was a good Lando. The timeline is extremely confusing though.

Everybody is saying that it's 10 years prior to A New Hope but that would be impossible. Darth Maul was seen at the end, and he was killed in 32 BBY, 22 years before this was supposedly set, and 3 years before Han was supposedly born. The maths simply doesn't add up.
his death in phantom or his death in rebels?

his death in phantom or his death in rebels?
Death in Phantom. Didn't realize he survived that, maybe I saw it but forgot. That makes the timeline a lot clearer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back