Movies & TV Everything Star Wars

Remove this Banner Ad

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_filename_640.gif

Ill see it queens birthday weekend. But only because ive seen infinity war twice and deadpool already.

It appears to be a perfectly acceptable movie but people just arent that interested.

Ill see it queens birthday weekend. But only because ive seen infinity war twice and deadpool already.

It appears to be a perfectly acceptable movie but people just arent that interested.

probably needed more time in between movies - people need that starvation so they begin to salivate again - hopefully they are not diluting the passion for all things SW

probably needed more time in between movies - people need that starvation so they begin to salivate again - hopefully they are not diluting the passion for all things SW

I dont think it is 1 thing, but that would definitely be part of it.
I rekon if you surveyed everyone not seeing it the reasons would vary.
Such as:
- fatigue as you said
-few big movies out, its getting more and more costly to take people
-rocky production reports
-lukewarm reviews
-lack of marketing, and difference in tone of trailers that were released
-much loved character played by different actor with other well known actors in roles. ( so you have some one who you are telling me is Han solo, who isnt, running around with woody harrelson and khaleesi).
-bit of a feeling of spoilers. His backstory was a mystery, pulling back the curtain is hard because it goes against the stories people had in their heads. We saw the fallout of that with TLJ to an extent.

Im sure ill enjoy it while i watch it. It actually looks like a fun adventure movie when you take the "star wars" out of it. Forget its Han, forget there is all this other story and just watch it self contained.

From the trailer I saw that was my biggest concern because I really wasn't getting a young Han from him.
I mean, he didn't steal the show like I wanted him to, but he had the charm, though it was a little boyish rather than rogueish at times, and he worked well with Chewy.

A break till Christmas '19 is absolutely the best thing for this franchise. Bear in mind there is only one film in active production.

In a way, I'm happy that Solo exists... and that it's not successful. It's a nice little ride, but if it had been successful it might have heralded the doors opening to SW becoming a sausage factory like Marvel. Which, for a universe borne from one man's hugely idiosyncratic imagination, would be slightly tragic. Maybe they should look at only having one every 1.5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw Solo. It was fun. Id even call it good.

Thats now both Rogue One and Solo where i came out happy with what i just watched and with a sense of wonder of what certain places or characters stories were or of possible stories that could be told in their lives.
Force awakens had a similar feeling of oh whats next though i didnt have the same sense of fun when leaving the cinema.

Its just making me more and more upset that TLJ killed so much of my hype for more stories with those characters. I do not care what happens to them or in that time.

It turns out my 5 year old has turned into a bigger fan than I ever was, he doseht stop talking about it from wake til sleep, asking questions after question.

Of all the characters in the movies he has settled on one favorite area/character (weirdly)

Jabba's palace is his area, specifically the rancors cage and the gamorian guard who gets eaten/the rancor keeper who gets upset when luke kills it.

Upon further reading it seems the rancor was actually a birthday present given to Jabba after some Jawa found it at a shipwreck. Jabba used to pit it against all manner of beasts for entertainment, next was going to be a dragon which probably would have killed it. Rancor keeper knew this and was putting it off, he was very attached to the rancor after it saved his life one day when he took it for a walk.

Luke didn't want to kill him but reasoned it was cage bound in a tiny area, and malnourished, pretty much beyond rehabilitation.

I've been trying to source the rancor pit/Jabba's palace Lego sets, but they are decomissioned... Minimum is 380 USD. Booooo.

Hope he chooses something easier next...

It turns out my 5 year old has turned into a bigger fan than I ever was, he doseht stop talking about it from wake til sleep, asking questions after question.

Of all the characters in the movies he has settled on one favorite area/character (weirdly)

Jabba's palace is his area, specifically the rancors cage and the gamorian guard who gets eaten/the rancor keeper who gets upset when luke kills it.

Upon further reading it seems the rancor was actually a birthday present given to Jabba after some Jawa found it at a shipwreck. Jabba used to pit it against all manner of beasts for entertainment, next was going to be a dragon which probably would have killed it. Rancor keeper knew this and was putting it off, he was very attached to the rancor after it saved his life one day when he took it for a walk.

Luke didn't want to kill him but reasoned it was cage bound in a tiny area, and malnourished, pretty much beyond rehabilitation.

I've been trying to source the rancor pit/Jabba's palace Lego sets, but they are decomissioned... Minimum is 380 USD. Booooo.

Hope he chooses something easier next...
you mean like this one?
01E069DC-03C5-492A-B1E7-56D3304B90E4.jpeg

Am genuinely encouraged by rumours that Bob Iger may remove Kathleen Kennedy as head of Lucasfilm, considering the absolute cluster* Star Wars has become.

No amount of mental gymnastics can overcome the fact that Solo was a box office flop (by Star Wars standards) because of the utter abomination that was The Last Jedi.

Reckon what she has done is the equivalent to buying the most successful McDonalds franchise in the biggest city then changed the menu to only serve tofu burgers and wheat grass shots til nobody wants to go in there anymore..

Shes maybe going to kill the un-killable golden goose

Or could it be that it just came out too soon after TLJ and people needed a bit of space regardless of how good/bad it was?

Also, TLJ was so good I just think it was always gonna be impossible to follow from.

Or could it be that it just came out too soon after TLJ and people needed a bit of space regardless of how good/bad it was?

Absolutely not. Marvel Studios and the MCU disproves that quite comfortably.

The Last Jedi was so utterly s**t, it caused a backlash large enough to actually cripple a Star Wars film - damn near unthinkable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back