Movies & TV Everything Star Wars

Remove this Banner Ad

I think TPM was a mistake, timeline wise. It's too early of a start. Episode I should have been just before AOTC, and finished as the Clone Wars start. You can keep some of the pieces of TPM - Maul, Qui-Gon, Anakin entering the Temple late - but rearrange them, and leave stuff like the Naboo blockade as a little bit of historical dialogue. Anakin should've entered the temple as a teenager/nearly adult. Maul and Dooku should've appeared to have been the Sith duo. Obi-Wan should spend most of the film chasing clues about the clones, which never really went anywhere in AOTC, but comes to the rescue of Qui-Gon and Anakin, too late to save the former. He can then blame Anakin for Qui-Gon's death to some degree, creating a further tension between them that Sidious takes advantage of.

If you keep the Naboo blockade as a historical event, then introduce that as the place where Padme met Obi-Wan, which also creates romantic tension with Anakin (who can become enamoured with her much more believably in this movie, and then have the marriage take place in the new episode II). This makes his interpretation of her betrayal in III more understandable. Anakin should have three primary relationships: brother figure Obi-Wan, wife Padme, father figure Palpatine. Obi-Wan should be suspicious of Palpatine's motives from the start, and Palpatine doing his best to make Anakin distrust Obi-Wan. Padme should trust Palpatine at first, but over the three films become increasingly wary and eventually side with Obi-Wan instead, fueling Anakin's 'betrayal' narrative further.

The basic pieces are there, they just weren't put together well.

Everytime I think about these types of things I wonder whether the story works better in TV series format.
More slow burn throughout seasons of the relationships, building and breaking of trust, investigating the clones. These would be good events within a season that may pack more punch if they had a bit more time spent developing them which you just can't do in a movie.

Everytime I think about these types of things I wonder whether the story works better in TV series format.
More slow burn throughout seasons of the relationships, building and breaking of trust, investigating the clones. These would be good events within a season that may pack more punch if they had a bit more time spent developing them which you just can't do in a movie.

Problem is that TV series almost always don't end well. But yes, Lucas clearly had so much of the vision of what he wanted his universe to look like that there's plenty of material there to make extra parts (TV series, books, games etc.) out of them.

i was watching indiana jones and the temple of doom yesterday (just quietly, i cant believe my parents let me watch it every day as a 6 year old, its pretty full on looking back!)

Watching the opening scene in shanghai, noticed the club was called club obi wan -- just as the credits were saying story by geoege lucas.. ahh ok i thought, then up comes the associate producer, Kathleen Kennedy

It would seem she and lucas have been in cahoots for a long time? isnt such a stretch now shes running disney for it to have star wars in its flock, i guess

i was watching indiana jones and the temple of doom yesterday (just quietly, i cant believe my parents let me watch it every day as a 6 year old, its pretty full on looking back!)

Watching the opening scene in shanghai, noticed the club was called club obi wan -- just as the credits were saying story by geoege lucas.. ahh ok i thought, then up comes the associate producer, Kathleen Kennedy

It would seem she and lucas have been in cahoots for a long time? isnt such a stretch now shes running disney for it to have star wars in its flock, i guess

She is hugely successful. Third all time in Box office receipts as producer.

She's copped a lot of flack recently due to the star wars stuff but she was the right choice to head up Lucasfilm.
Oversaturation by Disney is to blame for many of the issues that have been laid at her feet.

She is hugely successful. Third all time in Box office receipts as producer.

She's copped a lot of flack recently due to the star wars stuff but she was the right choice to head up Lucasfilm.
Oversaturation by Disney is to blame for many of the issues that have been laid at her feet.

Ultimately it depends on how much independence she's been given by Disney to steer the direction of the series.

i’ve just booked my tickets for friday 20th of December you star wars lovers!

I had tickets booked but now am booked in for heart surgery. This means I’ll need a social media ban during recovery to avoid spoilers. Could not have played out worse for me.

I had tickets booked but now am booked in for heart surgery. This means I’ll need a social media ban during recovery to avoid spoilers. Could not have played out worse for me.
sorry to hear that mate- hope it all goes well for a speedy recovery!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorry to hear that mate- hope it all goes well for a speedy recovery!

Cheers. Has been on the cards for years. Other than Star Wars, this is actually perfect timing to get it done.

Goodluck mate, prayers and good thoughts for you.

The mandalorian is fu**en ace
it is really, really, really, really good.

Star Wars 1313, that sadly ended up getting canned, apparently was a big influence. Game based around Boba Fett.
I’ve not heard of that game but i’m on record saying it felt like a really well made video game after episode 2- the story and game play were both sublime

Episode four felt like Xena Princess Warrior....

terrible.
oh man. for a start it’s Xena Warrior Princess , secondly - it was a classic tale told in the perfect star wars way.

He knew her for five seconds and almost took off his helmet🤷‍♂️
i’m more impressed that he didn’t take off his pants to be honest.

i watched the last jedi on the weekend with my 6 yr old son.. for the first time

when leia was flying through space he furrowed his brow and looked at me..

"i didnt know the force could do that? she looks like Mary Poppins"

how perceptive!!

i watched the last jedi on the weekend with my 6 yr old son.. for the first time

when leia was flying through space he furrowed his brow and looked at me..

"i didnt know the force could do that? she looks like Mary Poppins"

how perceptive!!
I need to go back and watch it (need to decide on which order I watch them), but what's the bit that's new? because Luke does a lot of the throwing himself around with the force (aka force jump) in both ESB and RotJ. IIRC it's the same thing but the environment has changed (distance and gravity).

I need to go back and watch it (need to decide on which order I watch them), but what's the bit that's new? because Luke does a lot of the throwing himself around with the force (aka force jump) in both ESB and RotJ. IIRC it's the same thing but the environment has changed (distance and gravity).

More thinking perceptive as in Disney take over, Mary Poppins the empowered heroine..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back