Movies & TV Everything Star Wars

Remove this Banner Ad

I need to go back and watch it (need to decide on which order I watch them), but what's the bit that's new? because Luke does a lot of the throwing himself around with the force (aka force jump) in both ESB and RotJ. IIRC it's the same thing but the environment has changed (distance and gravity).

Not even remotely similar. In fact, pretty much everything to do with the space battles in TLJ is wrong, both in theme/tone and in established canon, culminating with Leia's ridiculous space flight.

TFA isn't much better with its 'space lasers visible in the sky heading towards another planet' nonsense

Do you guys hate the new trilogy or do you like it? I’m quite the fan and I’m extremely mad with how it went.

Do you guys hate the new trilogy or do you like it? I’m quite the fan and I’m extremely mad with how it went.

It's funny, I watched a mini doc the other day about the phantom menace, a question they asked was, did the nostalgia of the original trilogy put enough in the bank to make the prequel trilogy successful even if they stank? Could the prequels (and by extension the sequels) stand alone as films?

The question was semi answered by the fact China didn't receive the original trilogy, the first they ever got of star wars was menace. It bombed, took 4 million at the box office. It's still killing Disney to this day they can't grab much of the chinese market for their biggest Franchise.

Do you reckon the sequels could be watchable stand alone? Or are they just sickly odes to our nostalgic wants

It's funny, I watched a mini doc the other day about the phantom menace, a question they asked was, did the nostalgia of the original trilogy put enough in the bank to make the prequel trilogy successful even if they stank? Could the prequels (and by extension the sequels) stand alone as films?

The question was semi answered by the fact China didn't receive the original trilogy, the first they ever got of star wars was menace. It bombed, took 4 million at the box office. It's still killing Disney to this day they can't grab much of the chinese market for their biggest Franchise.

Do you reckon the sequels could be watchable stand alone? Or are they just sickly odes to our nostalgic wants
The prequels are by no means perfect but they tell a story. The acting isn’t great but it’s enjoyable. This trilogy just makes it up along the way. Disney think Star Wars is marvel which it isn’t. I’ve read the plot leak for the new film. Rian Johnson May be a good director but he screwed up the last Jedi and the trilogy. I’m also not a huge fan of politics in a star wars film.

So China's first exposure to the series featured a race of bad guys that was dripping in Chinese influences and incompetent. Wonder why it bombed?

The reviews are not good. Anyone seen it yet?

Can't be easy, closing story arcs you didn't create, payoffs on characters from the new era plus not tarnishing the legacy of the old characters, doing fan service, selling toys...creating a happy ever after Disney ending in a world where they don't actually happen. He's on a hiding to nothing

Can't be easy, closing story arcs you didn't create, payoffs on characters from the new era plus not tarnishing the legacy of the old characters, doing fan service, selling toys...creating a happy ever after Disney ending in a world where they don't actually happen. He's on a hiding to nothing

Sounds like listening to the fans may have been a mistake!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From all reports it just dosent let up - just a rollicking ride from start to finish, cramming everything in to end the saga - could actually be star wars pr0n if we step back and watch it for what it is, ie not take the whole thing too serious

Having said that, if it’s got enough shiny pretty pictures I’m sure I will love it 😂

Give me some good lightsaber duels, explain how Palps is back and give me some idea of who snoke was is all I'm asking for at this point.

Give me some good lightsaber duels, explain how Palps is back and give me some idea of who snoke was is all I'm asking for at this point.

Maybe something in how Rey could shift a hundred rocks untrained while luke took years to move one..

Luke was in the vfl grafting for years before he got the Jedi call up, Rey went up to gc on a priority pick

Maybe something in how Rey could shift a hundred rocks untrained while luke took years to move one..

Luke was in the vfl grafting for years before he got the Jedi call up, Rey went up to gc on a priority pick
because everybody's different

or as yoda would say; different everyone is

I can forgive power level inconsistency, it's hard to do in franchises that stretch across decades of not only fictional time but real time with improving technologies.

He had a few days with Obi Wan and 6 months tops with Yoda according to Google.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back