The Law Evie Amati - What does a disturbed mind and some drug and alcohol abuse look like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Caution: not a thread for the faint hearted!

In Sydney at a 7/11 not far from me...a video of a young lady who isn't quite right enters the 7/11 with a very big axe after some drugs and booze.

https://m.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/evie-amati-seen-walking-out-of-7eleven-with-an-axe/3463453/

So you are the jury, what do you think? There are some exonerating circumstances:

He said she had "excruciating" physical and psychiatric pain from a gender reassignment operation she'd travelled to Thailand with her family to have, and had "resorted to taking cannabis". He said before her gender reassignment, Ms Amity had been known as Karl Amati, had worked as a unionist for seven years, and was "brilliant" intellectually.

But after becoming a woman, she had increased her cannabis use and took both antidepressants and female hormones. However, he said Ms Amati was "dead set against any amphetamines" and had "unwittingly" taken some on the night of the attack which adversely affected her.

On the night, three types of "feminising hormones", cannabis, MDA and alcohol was "a toxic mixture on a fragile mind" which had resulted in "a gory, gory scene".

Caution: not a thread for the faint hearted!

In Sydney at a 7/11 not far from me...a video of a young lady who isn't quite right enters the 7/11 with a very big axe after some drugs and booze.

https://m.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/evie-amati-seen-walking-out-of-7eleven-with-an-axe/3463453/

So you are the jury, what do you think? There are some exonerating circumstances:

So she freely made the decisions that brought her to the point of carrying an axe into a 711?

Took a mix of gear, flips and choof.

Based on reported facebook posts, was also probably more than a bit unhinged and prone to angry outbursts and violence to begin with.

Snapped and went postal with an axe.

Another case that makes me happy we have tight gun laws, and hard to get semi automatics.
Like domestic violence. There is already an underlying issue that has been exacerbated by drugs and alcohol.

Pre meditated attack. Attempted murder. 8 years in the clink..hopefully will get reamed out in jail. No excuses for this deranged Fcuk. By the way will commit further crimes once released as this piece of work is an oxygen thief. Pity the victim does not get a free swing with the axe I am sure he would do it right!

Another excuse for not taking responsibility for your actions? Look back to the intention. I havent come across a single person in my lifetime that carries an axe with them to a 7/11 at night as a fashion accessory.

That person had the intention of using it IMO. There was nothing random about the behavior

Amiti Ville Horror.
Hahah s**t couldn't help laughing.

But seriously, it's pretty disturbing stuff. From what I've read, she doesn't seem right of mind even without the drugs but I believe she planned/forethought it well enough that that shouldn't come into it. I'm no lawyer though.

Accidently took them your honour, like you do

The offender/mitigation aspect surrounding the drug racket is the most potent psychological feedback loop keeping it going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not Guilty by reason of mental impairment. Backstory says it all. We live in a violent sick society and incidents like this are simply the manifestation of this sickness.

But no one wants to even search the real answers so we end up in a useless echo chamber where people grand stand their own prejudices and jump on any tragic circumstance as a vehicle.

Hates herself/himself.....Took that self-loathing out on other strange bystanders.

As others here have noted, the carrying of an axe into a 7/11 kind of cancels out the notion of any mitigating circumstances being given any serious consideration here.

Under the influence, Yes.....Though with a wilful pre-meditation to maim & kill all the same.

10 years minimum, I'd have thought.

The Crown has successfully appealed the leniency of the sentence.

So they were on anti depressants that come with black box warnings in America for violent outbursts and they had a violent outburst.

And nobody says anything lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back