Oppo Camp Ex-Cats Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

This is true, but it’s hardly the journalist’s fault. My undergrad degree is in journalism and out of uni I applied at a News Corp paper, in the final interview the managing editor said it doesn’t matter if your facts are 100% correct, the main thing is that you break the story first. The pressure is on the journo to break the stories, the powers that be don’t care about the facts.

A former Geelong board poster, eliiiza (maybe there was an extra 'i', I dunno) went and became a journo for the Herald Scum. If anyone on these boards is still in contact with her she might be able to help you out. Or give advice.

A former Geelong board poster, eliiiza (maybe there was an extra 'i', I dunno) went and became a journo for the Herald Scum. If anyone on these boards is still in contact with her she might be able to help you out. Or give advice.

Thanks mate. I went back to Uni and did a masters and have happily changed careers now, but appreciate the thought!

Heard him on SEN earlier in the year. Was the backline coach at North and got stood down due to COVID. North told him his position had been made redundant. How an AFL club functions without a backline coach is a mystery. Development coaches sure, line coaches you'd think would be a bit different even if you are cutting costs.

Not as bad as the one Gary snr did at the wacca one night he bent in half on the post
We won that game iirc, and missed the finals in 93 because the Pies could not beat Crows?
We were the team to beat. Bombers would not have liked us in finals.
What could have been!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh, ran out on the Cats when his private life got too hard to handle and slinked off to Brisbane to escape. I have no respect for this guy.
He was an addict and needed a change of scenery. About as legitimate a reason to leave a club as I can think of. Played some great footy for the Cats (including a premiership) and leaves a positive legacy off the field with his openness in talking about his addition.

Meh, ran out on the Cats when his private life got too hard to handle and slinked off to Brisbane to escape. I have no respect for this guy.

That's a little harsh Blakey...he's taken his issues on and turned them around to the benefit of others....and continues to do so...

I wasn't overly impressed with his departure, but I think he deserves some credit for his off field efforts of late.

I hope you're referring to the unfounded rumours about infidelity which are untrue.

Don't think you can blame the bloke for needing a fresh start, he talks about remembering pubs only by how much he won/lost there, that's not great.

There was a time I would have said the same.

Having been through a heap of personal crap in the last 12 months, I absolutely know the value of a fresh start and how toxic the wrong environment can be if you are not mentally equipped to handle it. I think kudos to him for taking a risk, getting away from where he may have been more logically comfortable, and having an impact in his career.

I hope you're referring to the unfounded rumours about infidelity which are untrue.

Don't think you can blame the bloke for needing a fresh start, he talks about remembering pubs only by how much he won/lost there, that's not great.
Oh yes that's a addict right there won 2 grand at this pub lost 15 hundred at this pub been there and gambling anonymous lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back