Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
  • Harrison Wigg
  • Jarryd Lyons
  • Sam Kerridge
  • Matthew Wright (sort of, but not really I guess)
Makes me think the club knew what they were doing when they were traded away.
Certainly with all 3 .....Lyons who sparked a lot of debate, couldn't finish top 10 in a s**t team .....Noble still using his inside info on Crows Players :think:

• Harrison Wigg
  • Jarryd Lyons
  • Sam Kerridge

Hold on a moment.

Wright retired. Wigg is getting redrafted as a rookie. And Lyons is off to Brisbane on a 3 year deal

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
To be fair to Kerridge, Wright and Lyons all of them have had pretty good individual moments at AFL level.

Weren't good enough to make careers out of it but you get the sense (particularly with Kerridge and Wright) that they got the most out of their abilities.

Kerridge and Wigg yeah, Lyons and Wright could've been handy depth.

Matty Wright played another 3 years going at more than a goal a game in a side that struggled to kick 10 as a team, and has retired rather than been delisted.
Lyons got picked up almost as soon as he was delisted. One dimensional but plays a role. Could've provided just as much as CEY the past few years I'd reckon.

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Manchester Utd
  • Harrison Wigg
  • Jarryd Lyons
  • Sam Kerridge

The club may have known what they were doing, but my biggest gripe is how we traded a few of those so cheaply/for nothing. Wright delisted, probably could have used to upgrade on some our of our current currency. Lyons went super cheap, but my biggest gripe was Ricky Henderson.

Anyone could tell that guy had talent and the tools to be a handy player at AFL, and we delisted him for hawks to grab him for free. I would have thought he'd be at least worth similar value to someone like Seedsman, who we traded for pick 32. Should really have asked for a pick in that 32-40 range imo. Decisions like that seem to baffle me...

Oct 17, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins
The club may have known what they were doing, but my biggest gripe is how we traded a few of those so cheaply/for nothing. Wright delisted, probably could have used to upgrade on some our of our current currency. Lyons went super cheap, but my biggest gripe was Ricky Henderson.

Anyone could tell that guy had talent and the tools to be a handy player at AFL, and we delisted him for hawks to grab him for free. I would have thought he'd be at least worth similar value to someone like Seedsman, who we traded for pick 32. Should really have asked for a pick in that 32-40 range imo. Decisions like that seem to baffle me...

He was an UFA so we MAY have got a very late pick as compensation but I doubt if the VFL House have given us a pick. We get nothing from those biased Vic idiots.

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Manchester Utd
He was an UFA so we MAY have got a very late pick as compensation but I doubt if the VFL House have given us a pick. We get nothing from those biased Vic idiots.

Couldn't we have triggered is automatic contract extension through the games played clause and then Hawks or whoever would have been required to trade for him? Even if it was a 1 year extension, it's not as if he was a list clogger that we would have been stuck with.

Oct 17, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins
Couldn't we have triggered is automatic contract extension through the games played clause and then Hawks or whoever would have been required to trade for him? Even if it was a 1 year extension, it's not as if he was a list clogger that we would have been stuck with.

That was the year we had to shed players to get the required number of draft picks IIRC. He didn't play enough games to trigger that contract clause.

douglyzia

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hold on a moment.

Wright retired. Wigg is getting redrafted as a rookie. And Lyons is off to Brisbane on a 3 year deal

Well, yeah, actually that's a good point.

I guess my point was that they weren't good enough to consolidate a spot in their (original) team's senior list.

Jun 6, 2007
Footy Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Kerridge and Wigg yeah, Lyons and Wright could've been handy depth.

Matty Wright played another 3 years going at more than a goal a game in a side that struggled to kick 10 as a team, and has retired rather than been delisted.
Lyons got picked up almost as soon as he was delisted. One dimensional but plays a role. Could've provided just as much as CEY the past few years I'd reckon.

Didn’t CEY come off the Rookie list? If so, he was literally playing for the bare minimum. Unless Lyons is offering substantially more then it’s pretty obvious who is the better person from a list management perspective

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just quietly, I wish I had Kerridges career, 6 goals in the second half to win a match at AFL...you can bank on buying very few pints again just telling that story
You have call him unlucky. Jarman kicked five against north in the second half of a game and they say he was unlucky to not get a norm smith, kerridge gets six against north and traded.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just quietly, I wish I had Kerridges career, 6 goals in the second half to win a match at AFL...you can bank on buying very few pints again just telling that story
Kerridge was looking like a win to Carlton in his first year, then his development drop off big time and eventually got delisted by Carlton, Menzel + pick 28 (in a very weak draft) for Kerridge ended up break-even.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide

If he was Seedsman's age at that time....yes, but he was 28 years old.

Back