Ex Giants player watch 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Miles back in the Tigers side and interesting to see how he goes for the rest of the season, looking at his VFL stats he seems to have changed to a more inside/outside player than mostly inside which is what I read in an article as to what the coaches wanted him to work on
Any one remember if he had much pace or was a bit slow?

Good games by the ex Giants in this round
4 goals for McCarthy although v the injury effected Suns defence
2 goals and 12 tackles for Steele good to see him get a good injury free run and it will be interesting to see if he develops as an inside mid, inside/outside or mid forward with all the options at the Saints
Treloar had a good game but it will be interesting to see how his disposal is going and opinions form pies supporters
Adams may have been in the votes for this game with 2 goals 9 tackles and 30 disposals
Both Adams and WHE have played all the games so far this year for the Pies, another surprise is Plowman has also played all the Blues games

Good games by the ex Giants in this round
4 goals for McCarthy although v the injury effected Suns defence
2 goals and 12 tackles for Steele good to see him get a good injury free run and it will be interesting to see if he develops as an inside mid, inside/outside or mid forward with all the options at the Saints
Treloar had a good game but it will be interesting to see how his disposal is going and opinions form pies supporters
Adams may have been in the votes for this game with 2 goals 9 tackles and 30 disposals
Both Adams and WHE have played all the games so far this year for the Pies, another surprise is Plowman has also played all the Blues games
I think Steele is a defensive inside mid by nature, who can go forward and kick goals. Saints may oush his development in ither areas as he matures.
Plowman is no surprise to me. He's a talented high draft pick who had a shocking run with injuries. He's unflappable and that's a great trait in a defender. If you watch Blues games it's interesting he seems to be taking a leadership role with organising their backs.

I think Steele is a defensive inside mid by nature, who can go forward and kick goals. Saints may oush his development in ither areas as he matures.
Plowman is no surprise to me. He's a talented high draft pick who had a shocking run with injuries. He's unflappable and that's a great trait in a defender. If you watch Blues games it's interesting he seems to be taking a leadership role with organising their backs.

I think the Blues are developing a strong defensive unit and in 2-3 years once they have all matured and strengthened they will be a more formidable unit
Although hopefully we can beat them after this years effort. ;)

I think the Blues are developing a strong defensive unit and in 2-3 years once they have all matured and strengthened they will be a more formidable unit
Although hopefully we can beat them after this years effort. ;)
:) They definitely are and Bolton seems to be heading down the same path as Leon with 4 talls down back. When people were suggesting we trade Corr as well as Marchbank last year I shuddered a bit.
I do think they'll surge up the ladder next year. But they are a couple of years behind us.

Some of the ex Giants played so far this weekend
Barrett 3 goals in the goal fest at the Gabba and he has played 15 games so far this year so hope he can have a good career with the Lions
McCarthy and Stewart 2 goals each in losses
I had my doubts on if Stewart would get many games but he seems to be working well up forward for the Dons with the other forwards
Steele and Bruce in the early game v the Demons with Tyson and the Collingwood 3 at Port later

How do you see Stewart?
I saw signs last night he still seems to get pushed out if position more than he should when used as a target in the 50? Now doubt he's developed and I'm happy for him.

He gets in the right spots for me and is a good kick.

He just doesn't do it consistently for a whole game.

Plus, he has the knack of getting in Joe's way.

He'll be a good foil for Joe when it's all gelled.

He gets in the right spots for me and is a good kick.

He just doesn't do it consistently for a whole game.

Plus, he has the knack of getting in Joe's way.

He'll be a good foil for Joe when it's all gelled.
Tks
Interesting to get a Bomber supporters point of view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jacob Townsend emerges from obscurity in the VFL into the Tigers team to play Freo. Hope he takes his chance in the run up to finals.

I wonder how Taylor Adams and Treloar feel around this time of year. No doubt they are more than happy with their decisions. It's got to sting seeing their old team finishing top 4 again.
They were seduced by playing for a big club. I wonder how they feel about that idea now they know the reality of everything that entails.
I love the fact that a guy like Dylan Shiel gets to perform in September. He would've had huge offers, ala Treloar. Knocked them back because he wants to fin flags.

I wonder how Taylor Adams and Treloar feel around this time of year. No doubt they are more than happy with their decisions. It's got to sting seeing their old team finishing top 4 again.
They were seduced by playing for a big club. I wonder how they feel about that idea now they know the reality of everything that entails.
I love the fact that a guy like Dylan Shiel gets to perform in September. He would've had huge offers, ala Treloar. Knocked them back because he wants to fin flags.
Treloar loves being on all those tv shows and reports.
Nothing suss there

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Kelly, take note!

Amazing what some confidence can do.

Jacob Townsend was basically a tackling machine for us. At Richmond he looks like a star.

Its very interesting, people will say its been in good wins so its not as important but the thing it shows is how easy a player with no prior goal kicking history can come into Richmonds side and kick bags. And its not just him, Castagna, Lambert, Butler, one a rookie draft, one a 4th round selections and a VFL player rookied at 23yo. And they are making it look easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back