Review Ex Giants player watch 2018

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
GWS
Moderator #228
One rule for Vic clubs, ,,, ?

Good luck to him for the rest of his life; if he's received good advice (family, agent, investment advisor) the money he's received will see him comfortably off while he does something that he actually enjoys.

A real outlier in terms of circumstances.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
GWS
On social media they are saying no because he wasn't a free agent.
They just make it up as they go...When you consider what they did with Scully and is and Tippett and the Swans it would seem the fair outcome is that his contract value counts against the cap.

Perhaps serve as a warning against godfather style deals?

fridgeman

Club Legend
AFL Club
GWS
Thread starter #230
Hopefully Boyd lands on his feet and although I dont think much of him as a person i do wish him the best. It would be interesting to read the biographies in a few years from the Doggies premiership 22 as a few would have very interesting stories to tell about what has happened in the aftermath at the club
From reading the article this year will be at a reduced salary and the last 2 years will not count although I feel it should like others here but they will now be able to upgrade some of their existing contracts and they will be looking to spend some cash I think

dlanod

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
GWS; CCMariners; NQCowboys; Ravens
Moderator #231
On social media they are saying no because he wasn't a free agent.
Very curious to see where they pull that out of the AFL rules, given at first glance there's nothing covering it that I can see (admittedly a quick glance because I don't have time to read it thoroughly right right now).

Top Bottom