Review Ex Giants player watch

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Ahern: 29 disposals : 13 contested : 5 clearances : 7 score involvements : 3 tackles : 4 I50s : 4 R50s

Not bad debut numbers at all.:)

:thumbsu: to the young man.

Great for him to get out on the park and interesting to see how he goes over the rest of the season and how the Roos manage him playing top level and if they are cautious with him as they have a small injury list they will be able to manage it well

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Sad end for Curtly and wish him well post football. I guess it's no surprise, there was something wrong in the Crows-Richmond game a couple of weeks ago, and he pulled out of the SANFL team at the last minute on the weekend.

Curtly Hampton Retires via youtube

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Sad end for Curtly and wish him well lost football. I guess it's no surprise, there was something wron in the Criws-Richm9nd ganlme a couple of weeks ago, and he pulled out of the SANFL team at the last minute 9n the weekend.

Curtly Hampton Retires via youtube
Always a fan when he was with us.

Wish him all the best for his future.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

gee whiz giant

All Australian
Mar 3, 2014
CBR
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
the Toffees, the Bays.
The original WTF

When he was “on” he was sublime, when he wasn’t.... oh the horror.

As an original original he will always have a place in my heart and always be a Giant and I wish him all the very best with the next stage.

Had a beautiful 'shimmy,' a little dance out of, sometimes into, trouble!

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Hopefully Hampton can carry on playing footy at a lower level and I think his younger brother was a possible draftee either last year or this year and I wonder if the Crows pre season camp had anything to do with what happened with the media reports over possible insensitivities towards the aboriginal culture, I hope not and it will be interesting if the AFL are looking into it

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Hopefully Hampton can carry on playing footy at a lower level and I think his younger brother was a possible draftee either last year or this year and I wonder if the Crows pre season camp had anything to do with what happened with the media reports over possible insensitivities towards the aboriginal culture, I hope not and it will be interesting if the AFL are looking into it
I think it would be AFLPA not the AFL as such, and I expect they are already involved.
Interesting the Camp at Holswirrhy with the military in the 2015-2016 if season didn't seem to be repeated this year. All the controversy of the Dees no camp, and the Crows camp we might see less if those sort of things in the future.

Frazb

Senior List
Jun 26, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Devon smith deserves more chat time in this thread. Possibly break the afl record for most tackles in the H&A season. Would be a worthy recipient of essendons b&f come years end. Could argue he is the best trade for 2018

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
He is having a great year and consistency throughout the season and hope he finishes the year off well
Tackle numbers have almost doubled for him so not sure of the difference in his mid/fwd time or if it is being injury free. Shame the club couldn’t work out a contract with him last year and I think him and WHE are the ones who have really grown since changing clubs

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Devon smith deserves more chat time in this thread. Possibly break the afl record for most tackles in the H&A season. Would be a worthy recipient of essendons b&f come years end. Could argue he is the best trade for 2018
I always liked him. Harsh realities of the salary cap meant his last offer was apparently less, and we needed him to play as a small forward.
Delighted he's doing well as predominantly a mid, it's clearly what he wants to do.
He was always in our best 22 despite what some say, and I dont think he's actually improved as a footballer much, just found his niche. He was always a very good player.

We always knew he was a gun player, you could argue "best trade" on the Ess board, on this board he is one of the worst trades, perspective.

Raymann

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2010
australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
We always knew he was a gun player, you could argue "best trade" on the Ess board, on this board he is one of the worst trades, perspective.
That’s why there is a salary cap. Devon wanted more. Club did not have the room. Always going to be fallout

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Was the Devon Smith trade a straight swap for pick 11?
We gave them pick 24 and a future second. They gave us a future third as well.
Not a great trading year for us last year as we took unders for Wilson as well. I think we were backs to the wall with the cap to keep Kelly, and couldn't walk away from trades.

Our drafting was brilliant though assuming Bonar delivers long term and it's looking like he will. Zac Langdon for a third rounder and Taylor and Daniels for seconds were inspired choices. Adrian Caruso take a bow!

That’s why there is a salary cap. Devon wanted more. Club did not have the room. Always going to be fallout
Don't disagree at all, but sure as hell not going to be celebrated on this board as one of our best trades ever;
"The Giants will receive Pick 11 and a 2018 third round selection from the Bombers, while Essendon receive Smith, Pick 24 and GWS' 2018 second round pick."
I accept we probably got all we were going to get under the circumstances, but the trade dramatically undervalued Smith.

Back