Review Ex Giants player watch

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
With all the speculation over players salaries any posters with info on ex players
Treloar 900?
McCarthy? Could be 500?
Smith? I would think his would be around 700

gee whiz giant

All Australian
Mar 3, 2014
CBR
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
the Toffees, the Bays.
Bugg is one I wouldn't mind back on a minimum wage.

Not for me. Bugg, Adams, Smith, Cameron, Greene all tarred with the Kevin Sheedy 'dirty edge' attitude that makes them all unpredictable and a whiff away from suspension.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
I've been everywhere, man
I've been everywhere, man
Crossed the deserts bare, man
I've breathed the mountain air, man ...

Hardly unique - just his third club. Not like he’s Dale Kickett or anything.

They got him cheap. Good luck to him.

Though I will say - he was the first to wear the [choose your own descriptor] #11 jumper at the Giants.

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
Keeping mum about Mummy ?
A bit embarrassing, but maybe it helps us. Shows you don't miss out on the afl party scene if you play for either of the sydney clubs.
On a serious note, why doesn't afl try to get rid of the problem, introduce tougher penalties for all draftees from 2018 onwards so that eventually players grow up in a clean environment- will take an entire generation to fix this problem. It appears there is peer pressure to take drugs.

Last edited:

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
A bit embarrassing, but maybe it helps us. Shows you don't miss out on the afl party scene if you play for either of the sydney clubs.
On a serious note, why doesn't afl try to get rid of the problem, introduce tougher penalties for all draftees from 2018 onwards so that eventually players grow up in a clean environment- will take an entire generation to fix this problem. It appears there is peer pressure to take drugs.
I don’t think tougher penalties will do a single thing to make a difference on the drug culture

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
Nope, plenty of discussion in a more appropriate thread. Sorry to disappoint, I know you guys are experts on players taking drugs.
Oh so this threads about ex Giant players besides Mummy ,sarcasm finished now . When I hear rumours about players , their clubs board is a more balanced take on the player , I didnt see any other thread on your board .

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Oh so this threads about ex Giant players besides Mummy ,sarcasm finished now . When I hear rumours about players , their clubs board is a more balanced take on the player , I didnt see any other thread on your board .
Depends on the board I think, you're over generalising.

No-one felt like creating a thread. Probably a good thing because it would have attracted trolls.

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
Depends on the board I think, you're over generalising.

No-one felt like creating a thread. Probably a good thing because it would have attracted trolls.
Fair enough , at the time I posted earlier all I had seen was a news bait about a premiership player , that was behind a Herald Sun paywall which I wont pay , especially after a 2 page spread on Daniel Chick grand final week in 2015 .
Anyway I thought I would find unbiased news here , but there was nothing .

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Fair enough , at the time I posted earlier all I had seen was a news bait about a premiership player , that was behind a Herald Sun paywall which I wont pay , especially after a 2 page spread on Daniel Chick grand final week in 2015 .
Anyway I thought I would find unbiased news here , but there was nothing .
You would normally be right that this ex-Giants thread would be appropriate for this discussion, but since he is considering a comeback all of the discussion has been in the list management thread.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
When both Pickett and Ahern were doing there rehab with us the talk was that Ahern was super professional with his rehab, while Pickett was very lazy and we have now seen Ahern show some great signs with North while Pickett seems to be heading in the direction of being a wasted talent.

I remember watching him in the pre-season scratch match a few years ago (nice long chat with his dad) licking my lips and thinking “this kid could be anything” the signs were all there. Then he got injured a couple of weeks later.

I hate quoting the Orange C*ckwomble but “Sad”

Back