Review Ex Giants player watch

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Plenty of ex players at different clubs so to keep track of any impressive performance at AFL level or below and other news
I am surprised Hampton was named tonight but hope he goes well
Townsend kept up his form last night and hope he has a good season and maybe we can do a token trade to get him back

Snookers

Club Legend
May 4, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Wonder if Bam-Bam's ankle sprain will keep him out for the year, a-la Griffen?

Cmarsh

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2012
NSW
AFL Club
GWS
Todd Marshall just had a 4 goal game.

Spose he's in this thread as an ex-academy player.

If only the AFL had ruled differently about his eligibility...

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Taylor Adams to bring up 100 games tonight and good to see him reach the figure and he still has knocks on his disposal but that could be due to the pies system and coaching

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
He hasnt seemed to have developed anymore from when he left us.
Where as his fellow originals have all come on in leaps and bounds.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Yes, I would love to know if it's just luck, or did the club recognise that Adams and Treloar had lower ceiIngs than others and hence shape contract offers and being open to trades for them specifically.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Yes, I would love to know if it's just luck, or did the club recognise that Adams and Treloar had lower ceiIngs than others and hence shape contract offers and being open to trades for them specifically.
Some others might know.

At the time Treloar left i thought Shiel was his equal and had more leadership skills.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Some others might know.

At the time Treloar left i thought Shiel was his equal and had more leadership skills.

Just looking at the numbers. Treloar’s numbers are up in a couple of areas, down in a few others, about the same in pretty much everything else. In other words, he hasn’t taken that step up that you would expect a player coming into his prime should take.

0FA9A953-7A01-4496-83ED-2DE4386EB1D7.jpeg

Compare those numbers and the career trajectory to someone like Dylan Shiel who has stepped up exponentially pretty much across the board.
82E6206D-3505-4FF6-BD4A-8F1B321ED74E.jpeg

Now, I suppose the debate is, has a Dyl gone up because Treloar isn’t there anymore, or was it natural progression or is it better coaching/club environment etc etc etc.

Treloar hasn’t necessarily gone backwards, he just hasn’t gone forwards in the same way that someone like Dyl has.

Just looking at the numbers. Treloar’s numbers are up in a couple of areas, down in a few others, about the same in pretty much everything else. In other words, he hasn’t taken that step up that you would expect a player coming into his prime should take.

View attachment 479760

Compare those numbers and the career trajectory to someone like Dylan Shiel who has stepped up exponentially pretty much across the board.
View attachment 479761

Now, I suppose the debate is, has a Dyl gone up because Treloar isn’t there anymore, or was it natural progression or is it better coaching/club environment etc etc etc.

Treloar hasn’t necessarily gone backwards, he just hasn’t gone forwards in the same way that someone like Dyl has.
It'd be interesting to see game averages from that site as well, given Shiel's total stats were being held down by injuries and missed games.

Cmarsh

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2012
NSW
AFL Club
GWS
So Israel Folau.

He has posted on instagram "HELL if they don't repent and turn to God" in response to someone who asked what s God's plan for gay people.

Dare say that would be a PR nightmare if he were still at the Giants.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
So Israel Folau.

He has posted on instagram "HELL if they don't repent and turn to God" in response to someone who asked what s God's plan for gay people.

Dare say that would be a PR nightmare if he were still at the Giants.
Just slightly considering our club's stance.

He should know better.

Young kids who are rugby fans are listening and they could be absolutely gutted by that.

He doesnt want the responsibilty then dont take the admiration.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Just slightly considering our club's stance.

He should know better.

Young kids who are rugby fans are listening and they could be absolutely gutted by that.

He doesnt want the responsibilty then dont take the admiration.

I don't think he has much choice, given his beliefs. He's known for his views and at that point people will corner him. He's from a fundamentalist christian family. l find his views abhorrent but shooting people like him isn't the answer either, and I'm philosophically opposed to re-education camps. Best thing is don't discuss in public and definitely stop posting about it online.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I don't think he has much choice, given his beliefs. He's known for his views and at that point people will corner him. He's from a fundamentalist christian family. l find his views abhorrent but shooting people like him isn't the answer either, and I'm philosophically opposed to re-education camps. Best thing is don't discuss in public and definitely stop posting about it online.

Fair enough he can believe what he wants.

He should of replied with a polite no comment.

Young kids who are gay and follow rugby look up to him. They are confused enough about their feelings and need guidance accepting themselves for who they are. Not being told theyre off to hell by their hero's.

But its also about professionalism.
I have some rather strong views but if I announced them to passengers i would find myself out of a job.

Cmarsh

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2012
NSW
AFL Club
GWS
It's not as simple as to say just don't post your views online. That's saying he's not entitled to freedom of speech.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Fair enough he can believe what he wants.

He should of replied with a polite no comment.

Young kids who are gay and follow rugby look up to him. They are confused enough about their feelings and need guidance accepting themselves for who they are. Not being told theyre off to hell by their hero's.

But its also about professionalism.
I have some rather strong views but if I announced them to passengers i would find myself out of a job.

Fair enough

I agree so he should shut up about it, you expressed better than me.

Back