Review Ex Giants player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw also that his wife needs medical treatment and has had to fly back and forth to WA. So that will take a load off his mind. I don't begrudge him heading home. It would have been nice to keep him, and better if he could have regained his 2018 form, but overall a good mature age pickup from the draft team.
Agree on all fronts. Opportunities here will be limited, the return home, the added issues with his wife's treatment, it makes sense.
Also I think it was an excellent selection.. picked a ready made mature age role player who did exactly what we expected.

Kennedy's been delisted and rookied by the Blues.

Macreadie's been delisted, as have been Townsend and Mutch. :(
Kind of justifies the decision to not draft him originally. There was a bit of heat over the non-selection at the time, especially when he debuted in round 1 the following year.

Premiership player Jacob Townsend has been handed an AFL lifeline by Gold Coast, according to The Age.

Dale Kickett, watch your back.

As far as I know he's the only one to reach more than four, though it's almost inevitable that he'll be beaten at some point given there used to only be a handful of players with four teams and now they're increasing every off-season.

Hawthorn star Jonathon Patton is under investigation after allegedly sending lewd images to a woman on social media.

The Hawks released a statement on Saturday night confirming that Patton would be investigated by the club's integrity committee and that "any behaviour of this nature would not be tolerated."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“I thought it would be bad, but I didn’t realise how many people had been affected,’’ she said. “I feel like footballers get away with this and it needs to stop. I’ve spoken to at least 10 others directly who have shared similar experiences of being sent random photos, inappropriate messages and videos of w...ing.

“In that culture (of AFL) they turn a blind eye to it.”

Another girl, Megan, said Patton was contacting her before his former club, Greater Western Sydney, played in the 2019 Grand Final, as did others in the team...

...Another girl, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Patton sent crude sexual innuendos over messages but that it was not unusual behaviour among AFL players.

Has he been charged with something?
Stupidity!
Yep.

If stupidity was a crime then Patton deserves 10 years jail.

I mean how dumb can a grown man be who gets payed to play footy, to risk it all on a couple of dick pics.

The kid will be lucky if he does not get the arse.

HAWTHORN forward Jonathon Patton has been admitted to hospital as his club investigates allegations of inappropriate sexual conduct on social media. AFL.com.au has confirmed Patton has headed to hospital to assist with the management of his mental health. It is believed Patton has been receiving treatment for a couple of days after being stood down by the Hawks as they undergo a thorough investigation into his behavior.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back