News Ex Major Sponsor - Parmalat (OAK)

Remove this Banner Ad

……. Perth Glory earlier this week announced BHP as their new major sponsor and that he talked to Glory's owner Tony Sage about it, and whilst Sage wouldn't reveal how much it was, he said its one of the biggest if not biggest annual sponsorships in the A-League and that it took 5 years to negotiate.

BHP are going to back the whole club to help kids develop STEM skills, back their junior programs, indigenous programs and women's programs. Sound familiar?

1571009555747.png

Lactalis have today advised all their merchandisers in sa they have been made redundant. About 20 to 30 people. I work in retail and my merch was in tears. So the loss of the sponsor ship was a case of lactalis cost cutting and not giving a dam about sa and not anything the club did wrong.

Lactalis have today advised all their merchandisers in sa they have been made redundant. About 20 to 30 people. I work in retail and my merch was in tears. So the loss of the sponsor ship was a case of lactalis cost cutting and not giving a dam about sa and not anything the club did wrong.

Still going strong with the perennially piss poor penrith panthers tho :think:

Very surprised that Santos isn't on as a major sponsor of either Port or the Crows, would be one to target.

Penrith is in Sydney NSW not some pissant town in a pissant state.
also OAK is a NSW brand, starting in Newcastle, so that region is always going to be the most considered.

Using Port to bully into SA I guess didn’t work. FUIC too strong.

When Koch thanked Pirate Life for hosting the 150th launch at the start of his address he said, "more about that a bit later", but I don't remember anything more other than Timmy's banter about the PA Lager cans.

Maybe nothing more will come out of it other than the chance for members to win a carton of the stuff, but PL being a boutique brewer I doubt it would be Joint Major Sponsor worthy.

When Koch thanked Pirate Life for hosting the 150th launch at the start of his address he said, "more about that a bit later", but I don't remember anything more other than Timmy's banter about the PA Lager cans.

Maybe nothing more will come out of it other than the chance for members to win a carton of the stuff, but PL being a boutique brewer I doubt it would be Joint Major Sponsor worthy.

Not really boutique when owned by CUB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The economy is a lot shitter than the government is willing to admit. No surprises that lactalis bailed out of SA.

That's been happening since the late 70s and I'm talking from direct experience in the industrial and hospitality wholesale sector both as an employee and employer.

It's nothing new.

I thought he threw that bone to KT but he said nothing more.

I asked Benny D about it later but he hadn't heard. He thought there might be some sort of sponsorship in the works.

I thought he threw that bone to KT but he said nothing more.

I asked Benny D about it later but he hadn't heard. He thought there might be some sort of sponsorship in the works.
Yep Koch gave a handball to KT.

Very surprised that Santos isn't on as a major sponsor of either Port or the Crows, would be one to target.

The perfect sponsor for a club where the chairman, CEO and head coach are full of gas.

also OAK is a NSW brand, starting in Newcastle, so that region is always going to be the most considered.

Using Port to bully into SA I guess didn’t work. FUIC too strong.
OTR being a sponsor of the Cows (even though Shahin is a Port supporter) and the fact that they dont stock Oak at all basically killed them off in SA.

Also, the fact that SMA wouldnt sell Oak even at our games would be enough to stop the sponsorship. Same goes for 4n20, If we were allowed to sell their pies at AO instead of the Balfours floors scrapings crap pies - they would likely still be sponsoring us as well.

A sponsor like OAK is a good idea on theory for the club: FMCG that is probably popular with our (stereotypical) demo. Problem is as others have identified the issue with our state's weird parochialism for OAKs target competitor in FUIC, same goes for 4NT (which makes s**t pies anyway) vs Balfours or Vilis. It's why Renault was a good but ultimately poor long term target as a vehicle sponsor. French auto manufacturer doesn't scream "Port Adelaide" in the way, say, Toyota or Mitsubishi does. For whatever reason we can't crack the magic combo of challenger brand wanting to enter/increase SA market share + alignment with our demographic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back