Ex player that really hurt us

Remove this Banner Ad

Need I remind people of 1994 Preliminary Final and 1998 Grand Final? The ex-player who has caused North most damage is Malcolm Blight...
in a common hack canter. /Close thread.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Speaking of hacks, if Blight gets your Gold, Tudor has to get the Silver, as, wasn't he the one that actually HACKED that kick to Ablett in '94

Peter Mann and Scott Welsh....didnt mind the look of them..went on to do some good things elsewhere

You don't think Jason McCartney was Mann's equal?

Welsh was talented, but he always wanted to return back to S.A.

Why is everyone tip toeing around Gibson?

Whilst he may not of hurt us directly, he finished an AA, 2 x B&F (Both in premiership winning years) and is a 3 x premiership player. All after he left us.

He'd arguably make what would be an incredibly strong updated Hawthorn TOTC.

Despite being a campaigner of a bloke, he'd be near the top of this list if it was even competition wide for all teams over the last 2 decades.

He's the clear no.1 in recent times and that includes Bell, Byron and co. purely from what he achieved post North....

Josh Gibson. Didn’t warm to him when he played for us, hated him with serious intensity when he left. Words cannot describe how Much I hate this peanut. We didn’t play them for years in Melbourne so the rage just built up until I got to spew venom at him at the G (Cyril killed us and single handedly won that game for them). Every time I seemed to see him in tv he’d pot us and made my skin crawl that JB even spoke to him at all, let alone exchanged pleasantries. Couldn’t care less what he did on the field just revile everything that dubious specimen stands for.

Won the Larke Medal in Franklin's year and was BOG in his second final (against Franklin).

No evidence, LOL.

Jesse would have been an out & out star. His injury shortened career is the biggest tragedy this club has copped in decades.

Not only was JWS sheer class, he also hated getting beaten - bordering on Archer-like in that regard. I remember seeing him playing in the backline when we flogged Melbourne towards the end of one season. He had towelled up his opponent for the entire game. In the last few moments his opponent marked for the first time in the game. Jesse was pounding the ground in frustration. He could have been anything!

Not only was JWS sheer class, he also hated getting beaten - bordering on Archer-like in that regard. I remember seeing him playing in the backline when we flogged Melbourne towards the end of one season. He had towelled up his opponent for the entire game. In the last few moments his opponent marked for the first time in the game. Jesse was pounding the ground in frustration. He could have been anything!

BOG in the last final he ever played, against a side that went on to win the premiership the next year.

Jesse was a superstar in waiting. I have no doubt he would have been named captain ahead of Spitta if he didn't break down.

BOG in the last final he ever played, against a side that went on to win the premiership the next year.

Jesse was a superstar in waiting. I have no doubt he would have been named captain ahead of Spitta if he didn't break down.
Cannot agree more. An absolute shame that he broke down. Quality!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Gibson. Didn’t warm to him when he played for us, hated him with serious intensity when he left. Words cannot describe how Much I hate this peanut. We didn’t play them for years in Melbourne so the rage just built up until I got to spew venom at him at the G (Cyril killed us and single handedly won that game for them). Every time I seemed to see him in tv he’d pot us and made my skin crawl that JB even spoke to him at all, let alone exchanged pleasantries. Couldn’t care less what he did on the field just revile everything that dubious specimen stands for.
Hey Roorage - I'm becoming increasingly concerned about your inability to speak your mind - not.

I preferred Wayne Schwass over Shannon Grant.

I still do! Never a big fan of Grant, Schwass a genuine gun.

Considering why he left (mental issues) I understand, but I still much prefer Schwass over Grant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back