Current Ex Rebels President Assassinated by Sniper Shot at the Motorplex Perth - WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Of interest:

Someone commanding that much surely has the skills to do it more discretely?

That shooting was as much a message nobody could miss more than anything else. 'We can get you anywhere and we're good at it'. imo.

That shooting was as much a message nobody could miss more than anything else. 'We can get you anywhere and we're good at it'. imo.
Probably but gee it's dumb. Just get him at home and send the same message with less media coverage and certainly less resources assigned to catching you

Probably but gee it's dumb. Just get him at home and send the same message with less media coverage and certainly less resources assigned to catching you

Another thought that just dawned, there's CCTV everywhere through the suburbs. Could it in part at least, have been about avoiding that?

As to resources, looks to me like the police have been throwing everything they've got at smashing up their distribution networks, seizing monster amounts of cash and assets. All eyes are on, but not on whoever it was that shot Martin at the Motorplex apparently.

A cop did it! They won't investigate one of their own...

Can't wait for the movie on this

The West's Tim Clark might already be working on another book.

Probs not a cop but if it turned out that it was Burge, would you change your mind about victim of crime compensation for Martin's family? $8k for a funeral and $50k for the little boy who was sitting on Mrs. Martin's knee now begins to look like chickens feed.

The West's Tim Clark might already be working on another book.

Probs not a cop but if it turned out that it was Burge, would you change your mind about victim of crime compensation for Martin's family? $8k for a funeral and $50k for the little boy who was sitting on Mrs. Martin's knee now begins to look like chickens feed.
I was joking about it being a cop LOL

And no I wouldn't tbh. The family has made plenty of money through crime and I'm sure funded a pretty lavish lifestyle illegally.

I attend there regulary, and when his wife isnt draging Emerald Tattoo car her drag car he sits in the same spot so
Another thought that just dawned, there's CCTV everywhere through the suburbs. Could it in part at least, have been about avoiding that?

As to resources, looks to me like the police have been throwing everything they've got at smashing up their distribution networks, seizing monster amounts of cash and assets. All eyes are on, but not on whoever it was that shot Martin at the Motorplex apparently.
We attend there regularly and when Martin's wife isn't dragging her Emerald Tattoo car he sits virtually in the same spot at the start line. Here's my theories. There's no cameras at the Plex, they fired the shot at the noisiest part of the area at the time that car took off, easy access where they feel he was, because no one goes down that far to watch and an easy exit into the bush behind onto Rockingham Road. His big Gnangara house is like a fortress and i should imagine cameras every where, so the Motorplex was the place they chose from a professional that was confident he could make his target.

Bikies articles out of The West might be approaching CSK levels soon. I wonder if they will be live blogging the funeral tomorrow.
Not long before there is a "bikies" tab on the front page, alongside or to replace the Claremont Serial Killings one
www.thewest.com.au

Bikies articles out of The West might be approaching CSK levels soon. I wonder if they will be live blogging the funeral tomorrow.
Last night Ch 7 did actually say they would be reporting live from Pinnaroo. The reporters must be punching on among themselves for who covers the Claremont serial killer's sentence and who covers the failed bikie's funeral.

Pinnaroo Cemetery is having a live cross of the service.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is BRA's sentencing being livestreamed tomorrow? I might need two screens.
I would say it will be like it normally
Live blogging and cameras outside
Is BRA's sentencing being livestreamed tomorrow? I might need two screens.
I would say it will be the same as sentencing , live blogging from media outlets and camera crews outside. Then hopefully posted on the court web site later on.

Without intelligence hard to see what the police can really do to solve this. The bloke obviously had about a million enemies, and the way he was knocked is both horrifying and wouldn't make the cops job any easier. If he was knocked as part of some internal dispute, you might expect a less public show than this. But who knows these days? They shot Martin at the racetrack because they either couldn't get close enough to him to do the job or wanted investigators to think that. Another poster on this thread already mentioned Martin was essentially a fixture at the track, was widely recognized and sat in a familiar spot. He didn't make it too hard for them. His own former accountant had reason to raise the cash and have Martin offed. Unless someone spills their guts it'll be hard to narrow down the suspects......

For what it's worth, I think the gun came from interstate but I doubt the shooter did. Anyone familiar with an SLR will know that a suitably scoped rifle and vantage point makes the actual shot itself achievable by most competent shooters, this "sniper" s**t the press are talking up doesn't help. Neither does WA Police and the limited information flows they're famous for. These are the same jokers that kept the cctv of Edwards to themselves for ten years FFS.

I'm interested to see if Martins death is linked, even tangentially to the recent wave of seizures out West. With the hard border in place does anyone have any antecdotal evidence on the drug market and any effects? Perth had almost no covid, but with people having access to their super, jobkeeper, double dole payments I'm assuming the Perth party scene has been awash with cash. Has the price of pills gone up? Are they harder to get? Are ice and coke in short supply or has it remained steady? With the international and state borders closed has Perth gone dry?

Without intelligence hard to see what the police can really do to solve this. The bloke obviously had about a million enemies, and the way he was knocked is both horrifying and wouldn't make the cops job any easier. If he was knocked as part of some internal dispute, you might expect a less public show than this. But who knows these days? They shot Martin at the racetrack because they either couldn't get close enough to him to do the job or wanted investigators to think that. Another poster on this thread already mentioned Martin was essentially a fixture at the track, was widely recognized and sat in a familiar spot. He didn't make it too hard for them. His own former accountant had reason to raise the cash and have Martin offed. Unless someone spills their guts it'll be hard to narrow down the suspects......

For what it's worth, I think the gun came from interstate but I doubt the shooter did. Anyone familiar with an SLR will know that a suitably scoped rifle and vantage point makes the actual shot itself achievable by most competent shooters, this "sniper" sh*t the press are talking up doesn't help. Neither does WA Police and the limited information flows they're famous for. These are the same jokers that kept the cctv of Edwards to themselves for ten years FFS.

I'm interested to see if Martins death is linked, even tangentially to the recent wave of seizures out West. With the hard border in place does anyone have any antecdotal evidence on the drug market and any effects? Perth had almost no covid, but with people having access to their super, jobkeeper, double dole payments I'm assuming the Perth party scene has been awash with cash. Has the price of pills gone up? Are they harder to get? Are ice and coke in short supply or has it remained steady? With the international and state borders closed has Perth gone dry?
Meth has been tough to get with the closed borders. That's had a knock on effect on people consumed everything else.

Price of meth has almost doubled, if you can get hoĺd of it.

Ps I don't smoke meth but have friends in low places

Other theories being banding around is that Martin and his wife have had charges dropped lately by the DPP and there has been some big seizures going down here in Perth. Loose lips sink ships as the saying goes??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back