Current Ex Rebels President Assassinated by Sniper Shot at the Motorplex Perth - WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Of interest:

My opinion is not informed, I don't know these clubs but I do know some facts of the older days gone.
There are some common known facts that might have changed with majority of the clubs original members now this side closer to 70y/o & the younger generation taking over because lets face it, most but not all members of MC clubs aren't exactly poster boys, they're over weight, grey haired old men. The only thing that pulls in the girls is their bike first & then the money. Not all females like bright, shiny sh*t & money, especially when you know how that money was made. They lower their morals because of their love of bright shiny sh*t & the money to buy the shiny sh*t & throw in some drugs if that's their thing. However, if you raise spoilt brats who never had to ask for anything & be handed everything they've always wanted & more, they don't give a sh*t about anyone.
Club members are usually mummy's boys, not coddled, I mean that they love their mothers, treat them with respect, shower them with gifts & every single man in that club would die for her. If someone pissed off the little white headed granny, bet your life those boys would pay the person doing any wrong to that mother a visit & get it sorted quick smart & they'd also revert back to the older generation's mothers who wouldn't listen to a single thing they heard about the possibility of their son & friends being involved in criminal activity. Deep down they know but they'd never hear of it or say t out loud. Ignorance is bliss.
You never did seedy crap or fight in front of kids, they were innocent kids born into that life. Why do you think they keep paedophiles away from bikies in prison? Because they know most bikies would beat the sh*t out of them if ever given the chance & not just once, they'd make their life hell
But, times do change as do the members who are of a different generation. Rules & beliefs change.
I think you'll find the majority, if not all members partners in some clubs are not at all impressed by the bike, nor money, shiny s**t or drugs. In general, girls dont stay with blokes for decades if they don't love the man, bikie or not & not all bikies don't have legitimate jobs or work just as hard as the rest of us do. In fact, most of the ones I know probably work harder & completely legitimately, contrary to popular opinion. All the partners I know would be highly offended at the suggestion they've lowered their morals & I'd suggest none of them have any idea what goes on within the club.

Not all clubs are the same though despite they're all tarred with the same brush. The public portrayal of the OMCG life is far from the reality for many although I'm sure there are those who fit the profile exactly. But just like some are meatheads who cover themselves in tattoos & only wear clothing with club insignia as though that alone defines them, others keep that part of their life to themselves. Work associate's, neighbours & the people they interact with in their everyday life wouldn't have the slightest idea they're also members of a club, because its irrelevant & they don't need to know. Perhaps too, because of the prejudice they'd probably encounter should it be known.

Times change though & opinions & attitudes change. Our lives today are not the same as our grandparents lives. Everything has continued to evolve over decades & although we've seen enormous change in that time, it always suprises me that no one ever accepts that bikies probably have too. Its just easier to keep them in a timewarp & label them all criminals so as to continue to pigeonhole them all & penalise them all still today based on long held beliefs & opinions about them formed by behaviours of long ago.

Dont get me wrong, some wouldn't deserve to be given the benefit of any doubt & I'm not saying you wouldn't find some criminal behaviour within the clubs, but do we generalise & label everyone living in a lower socioeconomic area as a thief simply because of a belief that they must steal things they cant afford to buy? No, because they're not. Or do we label everyone who grew up in a more privileged environment stuck up snobs who have no idea what its like to struggle & who look down at the lesser class? No, because they're not. Yet all bikies are criminals who can only get a girl by dazzling her with their shiny bike, wads of illegally gained cash & a big bag of drugs? Do you seriously believe the answer to that is yes & if so, might that be an opinion formed because you also believe the hype?

Regardless the circumstance, the actions of some aren't the actions of all & the carry on we see by members of some clubs is cringeworthy & unacceptable to others. At the end of the day, every man is still an individual first & solely responsible for the things they chose to, or not to do, but unfortunately once you are a known member of a club, that fact alone will always be included in every story. That individuals actions will always be associated back to the club they are a member of to tarnish it, whether it had anything to do with the club or not nor whether it was behaviour frowned upon by the rest of the club.
The media & police do that especially because it serves them best to perpetuate those beliefs in people who don't know any differently & they will always get away with it because the clubs dont speak to the media to correct it, regardless of what the truth may really be. Does it do them any favours to not speak up & allow people to say whatever they want about them knowing the majority will believe it & will continue to have the wrong idea about them? No. It does them no favours at all, it only makes it harder for them. But its just the way they are.

Times change though & opinions & attitudes change. Our lives today are not the same as our grandparents lives. Everything has continued to evolve over decades & although we've seen enormous change in that time, it always suprises me that no one ever accepts that bikies probably have too. Its just easier to keep them in a timewarp & label them all criminals so as to continue to pigeonhole them all

Mate, the thread is literally about a bikie, murdered assassination style in front of family and the general public in one of the safest major cities in the world. Do you know how many plumbers, shelf stackers and hairdressers were murdered by a sniper at an open public event in Australia last month? Yeah, you do. The answer is zero.

Your points make a limited sort of sense in the abstract or talking more generally. But in this context you sound - to my ears anyway - utterly absurd.

I think you'll find the majority, if not all members partners in some clubs are not at all impressed by the bike, nor money, shiny sh*t or drugs. In general, girls dont stay with blokes for decades if they don't love the man, bikie or not & not all bikies don't have legitimate jobs or work just as hard as the rest of us do. In fact, most of the ones I know probably work harder & completely legitimately, contrary to popular opinion. All the partners I know would be highly offended at the suggestion they've lowered their morals & I'd suggest none of them have any idea what goes on within the club.

Not all clubs are the same though despite they're all tarred with the same brush. The public portrayal of the OMCG life is far from the reality for many although I'm sure there are those who fit the profile exactly. But just like some are meatheads who cover themselves in tattoos & only wear clothing with club insignia as though that alone defines them, others keep that part of their life to themselves. Work associate's, neighbours & the people they interact with in their everyday life wouldn't have the slightest idea they're also members of a club, because its irrelevant & they don't need to know. Perhaps too, because of the prejudice they'd probably encounter should it be known.

Times change though & opinions & attitudes change. Our lives today are not the same as our grandparents lives. Everything has continued to evolve over decades & although we've seen enormous change in that time, it always suprises me that no one ever accepts that bikies probably have too. Its just easier to keep them in a timewarp & label them all criminals so as to continue to pigeonhole them all & penalise them all still today based on long held beliefs & opinions about them formed by behaviours of long ago.

Dont get me wrong, some wouldn't deserve to be given the benefit of any doubt & I'm not saying you wouldn't find some criminal behaviour within the clubs, but do we generalise & label everyone living in a lower socioeconomic area as a thief simply because of a belief that they must steal things they cant afford to buy? No, because they're not. Or do we label everyone who grew up in a more privileged environment stuck up snobs who have no idea what its like to struggle & who look down at the lesser class? No, because they're not. Yet all bikies are criminals who can only get a girl by dazzling her with their shiny bike, wads of illegally gained cash & a big bag of drugs? Do you seriously believe the answer to that is yes & if so, might that be an opinion formed because you also believe the hype?

Regardless the circumstance, the actions of some aren't the actions of all & the carry on we see by members of some clubs is cringeworthy & unacceptable to others. At the end of the day, every man is still an individual first & solely responsible for the things they chose to, or not to do, but unfortunately once you are a known member of a club, that fact alone will always be included in every story. That individuals actions will always be associated back to the club they are a member of to tarnish it, whether it had anything to do with the club or not nor whether it was behaviour frowned upon by the rest of the club.
The media & police do that especially because it serves them best to perpetuate those beliefs in people who don't know any differently & they will always get away with it because the clubs dont speak to the media to correct it, regardless of what the truth may really be. Does it do them any favours to not speak up & allow people to say whatever they want about them knowing the majority will believe it & will continue to have the wrong idea about them? No. It does them no favours at all, it only makes it harder for them. But its just the way they are.
I don't tar them all with the same brush at all & I know it sounds like I do, but I don't. One of my tutors at uni years ago was in one of the clubs up north & he was teaching uni students IT & graphic stuff. He told me he preferred to work in aircon & get paid more than the jobs his friends were doing in roadworks. It made me laugh though. I know a lot some can & have legitimate businesses. Usually it's earth works & trucking companies, shearing & they do work hard. I've seen the good & bad. Mostly the ones who work hard are old school types. Even a few in the mines too. But I still stand by how much a whole club will do everything to protect a member's mum & treat her like a queen, manners & all. My motto in life with religion & clubs are that if you're not hurting anyone or pushing it on me, I respect your choices & yeah, I've seen photos of some in their very early days & I could see the attraction lol & some are very smooth talkers with the ladies I was just explaining the things I do know about some MC members

Mate, the thread is literally about a bikie, murdered assassination style in front of family and the general public in one of the safest major cities in the world. Do you know how many plumbers, shelf stackers and hairdressers were murdered by a sniper at an open public event in Australia last month? Yeah, you do. The answer is zero.

Your points make a limited sort of sense in the abstract or talking more generally. But in this context you sound - to my ears anyway - utterly absurd.
Fair enough. I take no issue with being seen to be absurd.
Having said that, the subject matter of the thread wasn't a consideration foremost in my mind in writing that reply, rather quite a specific response to that particular post which I felt was unfairly generalised & somewhat off topic too for the most part, but that happens here sometimes.

Getting back on track, I can only say that I'm thankful not all bikies think that s**t flies either or we wouldn't be able to say we live in one of the safest cities in the world. Its outrageous just knowing it happened. That someone actually set it up & someone did it at all in a public place where it could have gone **** up so easily & the fact so many bystanders were witness to it absolutely horrifies me too. FWIW, I've spoken to several people of the same ilk about it as well & they feel exactly the same way.
Truth be told, we dont know who did it or why. It may not have been anyone to do with an OMCG despite that the target was one. I dont know.

Last edited:
Yeah nah oes... don't know too many decent bikies

The patched ones have already proved themselves and are ok, except if you ask the people involved in them proving themselves

And the nominees and associates go out of their way to prove themselves

They run most of the drug scene in Perth and are always standing over hard working people, extortion etc... because they can

Last edited:
I think you'll find the majority, if not all members partners in some clubs are not at all impressed by the bike, nor money, shiny sh*t or drugs. In general, girls dont stay with blokes for decades if they don't love the man, bikie or not & not all bikies don't have legitimate jobs or work just as hard as the rest of us do. In fact, most of the ones I know probably work harder & completely legitimately, contrary to popular opinion. All the partners I know would be highly offended at the suggestion they've lowered their morals & I'd suggest none of them have any idea what goes on within the club.

Eh?

Not sure if trolling or...

I spent a couple of years working in a prison. If you truly believe what you wrote (doubtful) you have absolutely no idea about OMCGs.

Yeah nah oes... don't know too many decent bikies

The patched ones have already proved themselves and are ok, except if you ask the people involved in then proving themselves

And the nominees and associates go out of their way to prove themselves

They run most of the drug scene in Perth and are always standing over hard working people, extortion etc... because they can
I know plenty of decent ones. I also know some I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. Then theres those I think are complete dickheads whom I'd never want to know & its generally those that bring a heap of heat to them all across the board & many times where its not at all warranted. But that comes with the joining a 1% club too I suppose & thats is their choice after all.

People are all different no matter who you are, who you associate with, what you do for a living or whether you join a club or not.
I'm sure even the police have their preferences as to who they'd rather deal with & perhaps the level of precautions they'd need to consider before they did. They know they're not all the same just as I do, but they'd never say it.

Eh?

Not sure if trolling or...

I spent a couple of years working in a prison. If you truly believe what you wrote (doubtful) you have absolutely no idea about OMCGs.
Mate believe what you like. Not trolling that all & the person I responded to gets my point as I do hers. End of.
Interested to know if youve come across many of the bikies you havent met in line with your work though, maybe thats tainting what you know of them.

Last edited:
Mate believe what you like. Not trolling that all & the person I responded to gets my point as I do hers. End of.
Interested to know if youve come across many of the bikies you havent met in line with your work though, maybe thats tainting what you know of them.

All of the bikies I have met in recent years have been associated with that line of work (I didn't know any when younger but a couple of associates had issues with them in the club / rave scene and they weren't nice). Yes, it 'tainted' my opinion of them. The numbers incarcerated are not an insignificant portion of the total membership. And if you then take into account those going through the courts, and those under investigation...

There were plenty of people in prison saying exactly what you say, "he's a decent bloke", "lots of members are actually good blokes", usually dumb-arse bogan guards. They somehow overlooked, say, the Rebels debt collector taking pics of a kid leaving primary school and sending it to their target, for just one example of their business practices.

What do you have to do to become a member of the Rebels, Jokers, Cheaters or Comanchero? Could you become a member? Could I become a member? What are the benefits of joining a 1% club compared to, say, a club focused on the appreciation of classic motorcycles?

Sorry, I just can't take seriously somebody who implies they are at least loosely associated with a club or clubs, knows members, trying to defend the members.

Last edited:
I know plenty of decent ones. I also know some I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. Then theres those I think are complete dickheads whom I'd never want to know & its generally those that bring a heap of heat to them all across the board & many times where its not at all warranted. But that comes with the joining a 1% club too I suppose & thats is their choice after all.

People are all different no matter who you are, who you associate with, what you do for a living or whether you join a club or not.
I'm sure even the police have their preferences as to who they'd rather deal with & perhaps the level of precautions they'd need to consider before they did. They know they're not all the same just as I do, but they'd never say it.
Fair call bruv.... I don't know anything about you. I'm obviously only speaking from my experiences.

I don't feel that I'm defending them & its not my intention to do that specifically. If they wanted or needed to be defended publically they could do that themselves & they choose not to. I'm no spokesperson & dont usually don't comment on the subject. But I do see first hand what some of them deal with, usually entirely unfairly on a regular basis purely because they're in a club & there comes a time when it makes my blood boil simply because I hate anything thats unjust, regardless who the person is & they cop it a lot. Some warranted sure, but mostly not. Ive also been on the receiving end of that same attention myself for no good reason at all aside from being there & I cant even describe how that makes me feel adequately enough to try.

At one time, I was oblivious to anything at all related to them. Didn't know, didn't care, they were so far off my radar they may as well not have existed. Didn't live in a neighbourhood where I came into contact with them & didn't know anyone who did, knew nothing. Then I was introduced to a bloke who was a member, but I had no idea for ages & when I found out it changed everything. Despite only knowing what I'd heard, which is all many people have to go on, I decided to have nothing more to do with him. Simple. Who needs that sh*t in their life, I sure didn't. What that sh*t was exactly was probably everything he was about, he was a bikie FFS & I didn't care to hang around to find out for sure.

But we had become friends & I found he was someone whose company I enjoyed and whom I had a lot in common with. Someone I felt I'd have quite liked to have still had in my life as a mate, if only he wasn't a member of a club. So I plucked up the courage to speak to him about it. He knew it wasnt what I knew about them that saw me flee, it was what I thought I knew & he was decent enough to have a discussion with me about it. I wasnt telling him anything he hadn't already worked out or heard a 1000 times before. I freely explained that I didn't believe all that I read in the paper or saw on TV. I didn't grow up disillusioned believing all cops were the good guys & despite where I lived I didn't grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth & wasn't oblivious there was an entire other side to the river & that some people didnt live anywhere near the river at all. I also knew that plenty of people never got to enjoy what I had been blessed to have grown up with. I considered myself a really open-minded person, who was street smart & who could accept most things, particularly that people were all different & you cant ever judge a book. Which was all true. But I was so perplexed that I couldn't explain why the fact he was in a club made me feel any differently towards him. I finally came to the realisation it was unfounded and as openminded & accepting of everyone I honestly believed I was, I realised I was actually prejudiced by things I must have heard & didn't even realise I had formed opinions about which had tainted my attitude. He understood completely.

So I decided to give our friendship a chance & I'm bloody glad I did. I have met heaps of his brothers over the years & their partners, socialised with them many times & he's met heaps of mine. Some of whom had to overcome the exact feelings I had & who have all realised, as I did, we were influenced by things we knew nothing about. Ive known them all over 20 years now & I consider some of them very good mates.

If you are not in the club, you have no clue exactly what goes on in the club. Some people on the outside may know more than others because they have friends with bigger mouths. I don't profess to know anything about their business and nor do I want to know. But I do know plenty about my mate though and just as much about some of his mates & not one of them fall into the category they are so often dropped into. They are normal everyday people doing the same things we all do.

I dont know exactly what they have to do to join up or why they may decide to but Id suggest there's nothing specific & everyones reason is different. Some make it, some clearly shouldnt have tried & some realise its not for them, but I don't delve for details & they don't offer them. The fact I may sit with them in their home, doesn't mean I know what goes on behind closed doors & unless they tell you, we wont know.

No one I've ever introduced to them has ever been made to feel like an outsider or unwelcome regardless & I've also never seen anything I hadnt seen previously elsewhere. I know that lots that goes on generally involving some, others dont agree with, but I also know he's not involved in those things either. There's bad eggs in every crowd & not everything individuals do has anything to do with the club whether they're a member or not.

I still dont understand why they don't speak up to defend themselves about lots of things, but Ive seen first hand that the clubs aren't all the same and I've met many dozens & dozens of other really decent everyday folk over the decades through them from all walks of life whose opinions would be similar to mine. It is not a prerequisite to be a criminal or a thug & they don't all end up in jail. My mate has one charge on his record for pot from teenage years & thats it, I've seen it & he's never been to jail nor come close. So far as that club is concerned, I know for certain there isn't a single person in WA in jail at the moment and there hasnt been for some time. Nor do I know of any issues any of them are facing which is likely to see them put in jail. I only know of a handful who have ever done any time but most have never served any time at all . Of those that have its been their own actions that caused it mostly, not related to anything with the club.

However, I could tell you of plenty BS raids permitted via BS warrants obtained with lies & charges laid against them simply to waste their time & money & under the guise of disrupting them, which goes nowhere because they're trumped up BS charges they know will never stick, but thats not the point of laying them they don't care. Ive also been subjected to treatment myself that Joe Blow wouldn't ever believe if I told them & Ive been furious lots of times at the injustices I've seen. I dont know how they dont just say, you know what, I'll talk to you & tell you how it is for us, but they wont. Thats half the reason they get treated like they do, coz whose going to say anything about it & whose going to believe them if they do. I've seen it & I still don't believe it.

But are they all the saints Im sure some will decide Im trying to convince you of? Hell no, of course not. And, Are they all like the ones I know? No, I know they're not but what I'm more than certain of is that they're not all the criminal thugs they are ALL painted out to be. I'd also hate to know what they'd think if they knew I wrote this, maybe I'd see another side to them I haven't seen & have to take it all back

At the risk of (further) derailing this thread...

Which OMCG operating in WA currently has no members incarcerated in WA?

Please give some specific examples of "BS raids permitted via BS warrants obtained with lies & charges laid against them simply to waste their time & money".

"I don't profess to know anything about their business and nor do I want to know."... "I dont know exactly what they have to do to join up or why they may decide to..." Why not? I would want to know.

"Ive also been subjected to treatment myself that Joe Blow wouldn't ever believe if I told them..." Just for being friends with somebody? What happened?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the risk of (further) derailing this thread...

Which OMCG operating in WA currently has no members incarcerated in WA?

Please give some specific examples of "BS raids permitted via BS warrants obtained with lies & charges laid against them simply to waste their time & money".

"I don't profess to know anything about their business and nor do I want to know."... "I dont know exactly what they have to do to join up or why they may decide to..." Why not? I would want to know.

"Ive also been subjected to treatment myself that Joe Blow wouldn't ever believe if I told them..." Just for being friends with somebody? What happened?
Id suggest you know exactly what I'm speaking about. I was trying to explain how a lay person views the questionable treatment Ive observed that you never hear about, because it has shocked me many times, thats it. I'm not giving you examples of anything. What I should have done was stuck with my position of not commenting. It is none of my business.

Id suggest you know exactly what I'm speaking about. I was trying to explain how a lay person views the questionable treatment Ive observed that you never hear about, because it has shocked me many times, thats it. I'm not giving you examples of anything. What I should have done was stuck with my position of not commenting. It is none of my business.

No, I really don't know. I'm not a cop, I just worked in a prison for a while. I had access to the convictions of many bikies but no inside knowledge as to to the kind of harassment you allege. Fair enough if you don't want to divulge details but it does reduce your perceived credibility talking in such generalisations, and avoiding some very obvious questions e.g. I'd want to know if my mate was involved in the wholesaling meth (especially if I had children), standing over legitimate small businesses and home owners, or sanctioning savage beatings (none of these are hypothetical generalisations, all are confirmed OMCG member activities).

I don't think we had any Mongols in while I worked there, but that's just about the only club I can recall. And I didn't look at the records of all of the thousands of criminals in there, only those I needed to. So if your mate is a Mongol then possibly he is a law abiding tax paying citizen. I find it unlikely, personally, but that's just my opinion.

I respect your choice to not comment further.

Also, I don't think anyone would have dare taken Nick & co's normal spot. I know I wouldn't have & I probably would have shat myself if I had by accident & he told me to move. I would have left after being told to move. The tattoo shop Nick's step-daughter works at & is owned by him (I think) is a major sponsor of that sporting complex
Nick usually sits in around the same area each week, you aren't allocated a spot, its just small limestone tiered grass seating. He would have been mingling in the pits all arvo around the teams, then would have seated there in around his normal area like most people do there. I personally think he was the intended target and Chapman and girlfriend were sitting behind because in Chapman's parole conditions he was not to associate with any OMCC's. But in hind sight that didnt wash with WAPOL and he was locked up again anyway. Also they aren't a major sponsor of the venue they only sponsored the Top Sportsman Bracket races division that Amanda Martin competes in.

Dayne, the HA who had the public brawl with Nick Martin, had his house targeted last night in a drive by shooting. Several shots went through the house. The shooters used a stolen black Porsche.

"Forensics are still working their way through it, but we think at least 5 or 6 shots were fired," he said.

"We think there were three people in the house but there was also a vehicle just arriving at the address."

Investigators are also looking for CCTV vision or dashcam video taken in the Sedgeland Way area of Ascot between 5:30pm and 8:00pm on Tuesday.

Tonight on Channel 7's program "Flashpoint," is all about the shooting, called inside Perth's Deadly Bikie Wars at 8.30.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back