Current Ex Rebels President Assassinated by Sniper Shot at the Motorplex Perth - WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Of interest:

I imagine he is the type that would have mentioned his bikie links if they existed...

Is he someone that you would choose to hang out with?
Is he 100% up top or can you tell he is not quite right? (Apart from being a knob on SM)
me personally, no would not of been someone I wanted to be close friends with. bit too extreme.
bit of a lunatic of sorts, but in a way where he wouldn't put you in harms way. I believe he has a genuinely good heart. From the interactions I had with him, he seemed pretty intelligent. sorry i also should of noted that these interactions were 2019 so couple years ago. Im perplexed as most ppl as how this happened. had to look twice when I saw the news reports

Rumours of him talking to the cops to minimise his Mrs sentence.

A lot of scary people have recently lost a lot of coin to police busts...
And he was meeting up with a Hell's Angel or two previously (when he was beaten up). Why would he meet up with them? I bet the Rebels didn't like that either.

Mr Martin and his wife were due to face court over accusations they attempted to extort cash from a tattoo parlour owner and a car from their former accountant.

The charges relating to the tattoo parlour were discontinued in October but Ms Martin is due to face court in relation to the extortion charges on January 29.
Remind me never to talk to my accountant about his car.

This is quite a long article so I'll just take what I think might be significant out of it.

More than 100 officers were assigned to a special police unit created for the express purpose of investigating the shooting. Taskforce Ravello raided the clubhouses and homes of gang members and associates, charging 102 people with 267 offences and seizing more than 50 firearms.

Despite the Rebels’ united front at Martin’s funeral, tensions inside the club had reached boiling point in the months leading up to the bikie boss’ killing, amid suspicions the 51-year-old had misappropriated club funds.

Martin had recently been stripped of the presidency after a decade at the helm after being blamed for a mass defection of patched members to the Mongols in late 2020.

In the days after Martin’s public assassination, officers turned their sights on the Mongols, Hells Angels, and Coffin Cheaters, with Police Commissioner Chris Dawson conceding in December there was “friction and bad terms” among all outlaw motorcycle gangs, particularly the Rebels.

But as fractures inside Martin’s club emerged, police began to consider whether the killing could have been an inside job.

The soldier. Edwards might be a tad concerned.

“Shadows of Hope has given me the opportunity to pass on my otherwise useless combat skills and expertise to oppressed people across three conflict zones.”

Shadows of Hope, a registered charity, was founded in 2013 by Robert Hoey, a patch-eyed emergency doctor from the United States who claims to have extensive experience working in some of the world’s most dangerous places and fighting alongside rebel groups in Myanmar and Iraq.

It was initially created to treat those wounded by ISIS in Syria and Iraq but quickly grew to operate in countries like Myanmar, Cambodia, China, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and Pakistan.

The group proudly claims on its website to be ‘the world’s most fearless charity’, training rebel factions, managing underground war zone clinics, carrying out anti-human trafficking raids, and engaging in full combat duty.

He was taken to Casuarina Prison under police guard where he will remain in the special handling unit – a prison within a prison reserved for WA’s highest-profile prisoners like Claremont serial killer Bradley Edwards.

The remaining hearings will be held in a closed court, with only the media allowed to attend. The man’s identity will also remain a secret, with a suppression order preventing the publication of his name and image.

It remains unclear whether he could have been hired to carry out the murder, with police tight-lipped on the details of the case.

For now, the biggest question remains: why did a self-described humanitarian allegedly shoot dead a bikie boss in front of hundreds of people?

This is quite a long article so I'll just take what I think might be significant out of it.

More than 100 officers were assigned to a special police unit created for the express purpose of investigating the shooting. Taskforce Ravello raided the clubhouses and homes of gang members and associates, charging 102 people with 267 offences and seizing more than 50 firearms.

Despite the Rebels’ united front at Martin’s funeral, tensions inside the club had reached boiling point in the months leading up to the bikie boss’ killing, amid suspicions the 51-year-old had misappropriated club funds.

Martin had recently been stripped of the presidency after a decade at the helm after being blamed for a mass defection of patched members to the Mongols in late 2020.

In the days after Martin’s public assassination, officers turned their sights on the Mongols, Hells Angels, and Coffin Cheaters, with Police Commissioner Chris Dawson conceding in December there was “friction and bad terms” among all outlaw motorcycle gangs, particularly the Rebels.

But as fractures inside Martin’s club emerged, police began to consider whether the killing could have been an inside job.

My brother in law who is a bouncer and knows people in the scene did suggest the mongols deflection was a big part

His 2ic jumped ship

For now, the biggest question remains: why did a self-described humanitarian allegedly shoot dead a bikie boss in front of hundreds of people?

What a stupid question in that WAtoday article.

He's probably been involved in many kill (offensive and defensive) operations (either working for the Australian Military, as a mercenary or vigilante overseas)
where others (including children) are at a risk of being collateral damage.

No matter how he describes himself, he has killing form.

Might as well ask the Orwellian question why anyone that seeks peace, would ever take up a gun/weapon (or operate one remotely/digitally from afar),
and partake in a war, or any military or military like operation, event or war.

He's probably been involved in many kill (offensive and defensive) operations (either working for the Australian Military, as a mercenary or vigilante overseas)

Might as well ask the Orwellian question why anyone that seeks peace, would ever take up a gun/weapon (or operate one remotely/digitally from afar),

He clearly doesn't seek peace. It's all a PR exercise.

My First thought is who pays these guys? who are the doing for? Governments against rebel forces?

Assuming you are talking about the 'Shadows of Hope' military combat 'charitable' organisation.

The one that reportedly had it's charitable status revoked in the US State of Nevada in May 2017, and that failed to file any returns for three consecutive years. (hence the below pic has the last filing date of 2014, 3 years prior to 2017).

Noting that it's HQ was reported to be Las Vegas, Nevada.

Maybe they and those donating or providing it with $$$ are not to keen on where and who they get their funds from, from being revealed.

'Shadows of Hope, whose logo features two crossed rifles and a snake wrapped around a dagger, had its charitable status in the US State of Nevada — where Mr Hoey is from — revoked in May 2017. A check by The Sunday Times revealed it had failed to file any returns for three consecutive years.'

Screen Shot 2021-03-21 at 7.08.57 pm.png

Last edited:
Watch the Seven Samurai or similar films. Violence met with violence for the sake of justice (and self-defence).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's special forces then he would have seen some of the despicable s**t those blokes did to Afghanistan or iraqi civilians and seen no harm in what he did.

The arrest video is real interesting, he walks to the car quite quickly while a heap of police are just basically standing around looking like they're hardly paying any attention to him at all. And, he signalled a thumbs up.

View attachment 1083019

I don't know if anyone else noticed in that video of him getting into the car on the news the other night , this guy looked a lot smaller than pics of him on SM?

I don't know if anyone else noticed in that video of him getting into the car on the news the other night , this guy looked a lot smaller than pics of him on SM?

Yep, I mentioned that in a pm. In his social media pics I put him at around 6' but in the video he looks nowhere near that.

thedreadpirateroberts might be able to help us out with this, how tall is he and is that him in the video? TIA.

Looks very much like a Ducati Scrambler.

A Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 reports thewest today.

'The Ducati Scrambler Sixty2 motorcycle seized — which can reach speeds of up to 170km/h — is worth $13,500. It is believed that bike — thought to belong to the accused gunman’s girlfriend — was a relatively new purchase, with an Instagram post from three weeks ago claiming it was the young woman’s “first day learning to ride her new Ducati Scrambler”.

...It is unclear if a second motorcycle pictured in that post — a black Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer worth $18,000 — belonged to the ex-military man or his partner.

It is not known if it was among the expensive items seized.'

You would not use that bike if you were any kind of "professional" assassin. Haven't seen a picture showing the exhaust (to see if it's standard) but they're not quite bikes, don't have much ground clearance (run the risk of ripping off the shifter) and it's rolling on street tyres.

Would raise immediate suspicion/be quite memorable if you saw someone entering any "bush" on that type of bike.

`
I saw that really silly $1million post where he told his old high school friends to 'eat a bag of **cks' because he was so great with such a great life.

not realy relevant but did prick the ears .. ive been in past conversations with guys that served and noticed eat a di#k or ate a di#k seemed slang for someone or enemy being shot/ killed in battle, is this common service slang ?

thedreadpirateroberts might be able to help us out with this, how tall is he and is that him in the video? TIA.
he's not that tall. around same height as me id say. 5'10-5'11. I think it's pretty far fetched to believe its not him in that cop car. probably not the greatest time to do a hit if it was him. near on impossible to leave the country. like I said... given the time around him, id be surprised if he didn't tell atleast someone. talked a big game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back