Current Ex Rebels President Assassinated by Sniper Shot at the Motorplex Perth - WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Of interest:

Okay, very interesting take.

Thinking here there might be some other police operations playing out around this as well where they all link up possibly through that encrypted app the AFP and the FBI were covertly managing, it could be quite complicated. But as you say, we'll see!

Very highly probable. But this is a murder, so they need to prosecute that swiftly. If they can. The longer the draw this out the weaker they’re looking.

The guy is hardly going to assist them with other stuff to try a get let off murder charges. So you wouldn’t think he’s being milked for info.

Maybe they just can’t prove he did it, hence the holding charges for an unregistered car etc hoping someone will roll over.

If that’s the case and they keep messing around, if he’s got a half decent lawyer the Police/DPP will have a hard time opposing bail.

But I could be completely wrong! But yeah, WAPOL would be very keen not to * up another murder case.

Very highly probable. But this is a murder, so they need to prosecute that swiftly. If they can. The longer the draw this out the weaker they’re looking.

The guy is hardly going to assist them with other stuff to try a get let off murder charges. So you wouldn’t think he’s being milked for info.

Maybe they just can’t prove he did it, hence the holding charges for an unregistered car etc hoping someone will roll over.

If that’s the case and they keep messing around, if he’s got a half decent lawyer the Police/DPP will have a hard time opposing bail.

But I could be completely wrong! But yeah, WAPOL would be very keen not to f**k up another murder case.
What is the standard time between arrest and trial for murder in WA?

(taking out BRE and the utter deluge of transcripts from computers etc)

What is the standard time between arrest and trial for murder in WA?

(taking out BRE and the utter deluge of transcripts from computers etc)
If considering some of the judgements published on the WA Supreme Court's website, there doesn't appear to be a usual time frame.
I looked at 7 cases where the accused was found guilty of murder & of the 4 of those that I could easily locate the arrest date, the shortest time to trial was 16mths (where the accused was arrested at the same time/location & there were numerous witnesses to the murder) & the longest 48 mths. The other 2 cases were in custody awaiting trial for 26 & 30mths.

If considering some of the judgements published on the WA Supreme Court's website, there doesn't appear to be a usual time frame.
I looked at 7 cases where the accused was found guilty of murder & of the 4 of those that I could easily locate the arrest date, the shortest time to trial was 16mths (where the accused was arrested at the same time/location & there were numerous witnesses to the murder) & the longest 48 mths. The other 2 cases were in custody awaiting trial for 26 & 30mths.

Actually that’s a good point.

Another ex military arrest, might be from intel gathered via the ANOM app.

The investigation was launched after the Australian Federal Police passed on "alarming" forensic intelligence to NSW Police.

Could this be the new trick the police said they have in their kit? They can now take over your online accounts and edit your data.

Could this be the new trick the police said they have in their kit? They can now take over your online accounts and edit your data.

Edit seems a bit much. I'm thinking edit to change the facts surrounding an offence, rather than mislead the offender.

The 35-year-old, who cannot be named because of strict court orders, was expected to front Stirling Magistrates Court today charged over the sniper-style attack, but prosecutors revealed the matter had been adjourned by consent — for the second time.

This meant he was not required to appear in court with his case put off until next month.

However, during the brief hearing prosecutor Katrin Robinson revealed the reason the matter was delayed was to allow further negotiations between the State and the man’s defence team.

The alleged gun for hire has yet to enter a plea....'

' .... The man is expected to appear in court again next month.'

Edit seems a bit much. I'm thinking edit to change the facts surrounding an offence, rather than mislead the offender.
They can take over an offender's account to talk to/communicate with other potential offenders to catch them. It's more than editing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can take over an offender's account to talk to/communicate with other potential offenders to catch them. It's more than editing.

I thought they were already doing that though. That's a bit different to taking over someone's account on a 'suspicion' in that they haven't done anything wrong.

I thought they were already doing that though. That's a bit different to taking over someone's account on a 'suspicion' in that they haven't done anything wrong.
They won't be taking over accounts of good honest citizens.

This is the worst idea ever imo. It's going to get people killed and we'll end up with another $200m Royal Commission ten years down the track.

And they're not convicting anyone.

They've been set up as judge and jury and executioner with powers to take over someone's online life. And mess with it. Without a conviction or even an arrest where there's enough evidence gathered in the least to make a charge.

They've been set up as judge and jury and executioner with powers to take over someone's online life. And mess with it. Without a conviction or even an arrest where there's enough evidence gathered in the least to make a charge.

Do we know the extent of the powers beyond the original article quoted above ?
If you read 'the to & fro' around the passage of the bill, it was the subject of political scrutiny.
I support the intent of the bill aimed at drugs & paedophilia, however the limitations on its use seem (to me, not a legal eagle) up to the warrant.

Don't be silly.

I support the intent of the bill aimed at drugs & paedophilia, however the limitations on its use seem (to me, not a legal eagle) up to the warrant.

Of course, 'organised crime/drug dealers' 'paedophilia' 'kiddy pr0n' or 'sex trafficking' and nobody couldn't agree in principle but it goes far wider than that. It's how authorisation is made, that it can be retrospective, it goes on and on. It's a long document but if you're interested:

https://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/download/legislation/bills/r6623_aspassed/toc_pdf/20144b01.pdf;fileType=application/pdf
'A Bill for an Act to amend the Surveillance Devices Act 2004, and for other purposes'

Of course, 'organised crime/drug dealers' 'paedophilia' 'kiddy pr0n' or 'sex trafficking' and nobody couldn't agree in principle but it goes far wider than that. It's how authorisation is made, that it can be retrospective, it goes on and on. It's a long document but if you're interested:

https://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/download/legislation/bills/r6623_aspassed/toc_pdf/20144b01.pdf;fileType=application/pdf
'A Bill for an Act to amend the Surveillance Devices Act 2004, and for other purposes'

We found that a consumer advocate, a public health scientist, and a health advocacy organization had all been targeted with Pegasus spyware. [MUSIC] This really caught our attention because one of the people, the public health researcher, was the director of a national public health lab, a government lab in Mexico. Why were these people being targeted with Pegasus? Well, it turned out that the thread that sort of connected them together was that they had all been advocating for more taxes on soda as a means to reduce childhood obesity. Now, why on earth, you might say, are a bunch of people who are concerned about childhood obesity being targeted with this creepy nation state tool? We don’t really know, but the most likely explanation is that somebody linked to the Mexican Pegasus operator was doing a favor for business, business that saw this kind of taxation as a potentially serious threat to their bottom line.

same language that tyrants have used to promote nationalism and authoritarianism. So, what scares me is that we inadvertently – if we buy into that language without being critical about it, without thinking critically, we inadvertently play into it and we inadvertently support that world. I think there’s absolutely room for smart people to work with authorities to do lawful targeting, absolutely. In fact, it happens every day. What’s concerning to me about players like NSO is that they’re totally unaccountable. In fact, they’re in court right now denying that they should even be accountable for hacking a US company and its users.

If you know the story of Hotel Rwanda, then you might have heard that the manager of the hotel was arrested last year on terrorism charges. He is not a terrorist; he’s a human rights activist. Now, I don’t know what’s going on with his phone, but a report from The Guardian recently came out and said that the American [00:55:00] daughter of the manager of the hotel was targeted with Pegasus. This leads me to believe that the Rwanda government is using it to spy on activists.

Then they end by saying NSO’s mission is to save lives by helping governments around the world prevent terror attacks, break up pedophilia, sex and drug trafficking rings, and locate missing children and people, and protect airspace from unauthorized drones flying over. Yeah, that’s great, but again, if countries use the tool for good, it doesn’t negate the fact that the tool is frequently used to spy on the wrong people and do harm to civil society.

Activists and advocacy groups? Seem like hardened criminals to me - where is the accountability going to come from?

We have already had the WA government say they used QR code info - whats to stop them going further?

The only protection appears to be at the issuing of the warrant. I must say I believe it may well be valuable catching crooks, just sometimes identifying the crooks leaves a bit to be desired.

The only protection appears to be at the issuing of the warrant. I must say I believe it may well be valuable catching crooks, just sometimes identifying the crooks leaves a bit to be desired.

I'm wondering if they've used 'hacking' and asked for a warrant in retrospect around this crime?

There seemed to be quite a few arrests and in particular seizures following on from the Motorplex event, some of us in here iirc remarked on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back