Current Ex Rebels President Assassinated by Sniper Shot at the Motorplex Perth - WA

Of interest:

daniologist

trainee
Sep 22, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Pohang Steelers
1633411595053.png

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
Clearly wanted to be caught, linked his mobile to the scene, got himself on CCTV to confirm his possession of it, then took the all important barrel with rifle marks to a gun shop for future forensic testing and linked it to himself and then stuck a trophy in his front yard incase WAPOL were busy on the donuts.
Its a breadcrumb trail that no soldier of his caliber could possibly leave by mistake.

Id say he was 'pressured' into it and figured rather than live in fear he'd make the shot and put the fear squarely back on those.
Its actually quite genius if you think about it, they'll never let anyone near him as a deal would have been done for his admission of guilt whilst the others end up locked up and vulnerable.

Last edited:

Mudman85

All Australian
Feb 21, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Clearly wanted to be caught, linked his mobile to the scene, got himself on CCTV to confirm his possession of it, then took the all important barrel with rifle marks to a gun shop for future forensic testing and linked it to himself and then stuck a trophy in his front yard incase WAPOL were busy on the donuts.
Its a breadcrumb trail that no soldier of his caliber could possibly leave by mistake.

Id say he was 'pressured' into it and figured rather than live in fear he'd make the shot and put the fear squarely back on those.
Its actually quite genius if you think about it, they'll never let anyone near him as a deal would have been done for his admission of guilt whilst the others end up locked up and vulnerable.

or he is a cocky idiot with delusions of grandeur

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets

Very good take IMO and matches up with the lawyers comments, the closed hearing and the supression orders

Angus Young

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So someone indulge me.... did he enter the Motorplex the night of the shooting and then go back out and take the shot or was he there a few weeks before casing the joint?

I'm still in shock over the errors he made...particularly with the weapon and the phone.

Straight after I heard about this I thought...they will NEVER catch this guy...he is the ultimate professional.

jason_recliner

Club Legend
Dec 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast

Are you suggesting that because he did a deal he'll be able to walk away after murdering somebody in public? I doubt it; I think he'll be locked up for a long time.

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle

BBM - this actually makes the most sense to me. Forced/blackmailed into doing the shooting- so to get them back- puts everything in place so if he is caught it will also lead straight back to the blackmailer!! When he is caught he can make a deal with the Police of some sort regarding his sentence.

JWS2019

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

I think your spot on!

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
BBM - this actually makes the most sense to me. Forced/blackmailed into doing the shooting- so to get them back- puts everything in place so if he is caught it will also lead straight back to the blackmailer!! When he is caught he can make a deal with the Police of some sort regarding his sentence.
Exactly, he is but one man, if given an ultimatum it would be along the lines of there is no where to hide from us, he would be constantly living in fear and looking over his shoulder.
If it has any truth to it, he simply flipped the equation and replaced him with them and us with WAPOL and the judicial system, divide and conquer.

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
Are you suggesting that because he did a deal he'll be able to walk away after murdering somebody in public? I doubt it; I think he'll be locked up for a long time.
Nope, im suggesting he is incredibly intelligent, fearless and exchanged his freedom for their eventual conviction.
No one would be expecting that, he fired one shot and will probably claim multiple scalps.

Mudman85

All Australian
Feb 21, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nope, im suggesting he is incredibly intelligent, fearless and exchanged his freedom for their eventual conviction.
No one would be expecting that, he fired one shot and will probably claim multiple scalps.
Wouldn’t it be better to have gone to the cops to explain the situation first and set something up for an “apparent execution”. Actually murdering him then hoping for a deal is a bit risky.
Conspiracy theory will roll out that Martin is alive and well in witness protection but they had to stage a very public murder for anyone to believe he didn’t just do a runner

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Exactly, he is but one man, if given an ultimatum it would be along the lines of there is no where to hide from us, he would be constantly living in fear and looking over his shoulder.
If it has any truth to it, he simply flipped the equation and replaced him with them and us with WAPOL and the judicial system, divide and conquer.
I don't think an ex-soldier of his calibre would have any issues being able to travel somewhere and remain undetected quite easily for the rest of his life. It wouldn't even be that hard for a normal person, if you were willing.

I think people overestimate the intelligence capabilities of these OMCGs.

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wouldn’t it be better to have gone to the cops to explain the situation first and set something up for an “apparent execution”. Actually murdering him then hoping for a deal is a bit risky.
Conspiracy theory will roll out that Martin is alive and well in witness protection but they had to stage a very public murder for anyone to believe he didn’t just do a runner
Well, that makes even more sense.

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
I don't think an ex-soldier of his calibre would have any issues being able to travel somewhere and remain undetected quite easily for the rest of his life. It wouldn't even be that hard for a normal person, if you were willing.

I think people overestimate the intelligence capabilities of these OMCGs.
Its not about whether you can or cant, its about living with the thought that you might not and constantly looking over your shoulder just in case.
If these people are willing to engage a person of his caliber to take a public shot from hundreds of meters away theres no reason why they wouldnt do it to him and he'd know theres guys like him out there perfectly capable.

In these Covid times getting out of the country would make it harder to disappear and easier to be found.

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
I guess it would be harder to prove conspiracy to commit murder for hire if the shot isnt made as there is less incentive to invest resources.
A public execution will get everything thrown at it, which it has.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
The other conspiracy theory is that he did go to the cops and they were ambivalent if the hit went ahead or not.

Then do the arrests

But given wapols track record it's too much to think they could think that far ahead

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Its not about whether you can or cant, its about living with the thought that you might not and constantly looking over your shoulder just in case.
If these people are willing to engage a person of his caliber to take a public shot from hundreds of meters away theres no reason why they wouldnt do it to him and he'd know theres guys like him out there perfectly capable.

In these Covid times getting out of the country would make it harder to disappear and easier to be found.
They hired a guy from Perth to shoot someone in Perth whilst being based in Perth. This isn't the Sinaloa Cartel.

The way this guy operated makes me think he's oblivious to much outside his own bubble. Whilst he may be an excellent shot, he's hardly a excellent hitperson(?).

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
They hired a guy from Perth to shoot someone in Perth whilst being based in Perth. This isn't the Sinaloa Cartel.

The way this guy operated makes me think he's oblivious to much outside his own bubble. Whilst he may be an excellent shot, he's hardly a excellent hitperson(?).
As opposed to seeking permission to enter WA and checking in on arrival?

Or he might be...when/where he wants to be.

Back