Excitement level for AFL season?

Hyped?

• 1/10 footied out

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • 3/10 slightly excited but enjoying other codes to much to care.

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • 5/10 mildly excited

Votes: 39 18.5%
  • 7/10 getting there.....

Votes: 64 30.3%
  • 10/10 PREMIERS 2018 !!!!!11111

Votes: 75 35.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah pretty much my feelings to.
Expecting a similar on field performance as 2017 with wins few and far between.
Still I'm sure the season overall will have plenty of great moments.

There are some benefits to having a team that you realistically know isn't going to challenge.

For a start, every performance by a young kid will get you thinking about the potential ongoing. You get to watch the games relatively pressure free, have some early picks etc etc.

Plus inevitably at some point you'll get up and knock over a decent side (and knowing you *s it'll be us).

I've said it a number of times, 2016 was actually one of the more enjoyable years in recent times as an Essendon supporter - got to watch Parish, Walla, Joey et al running around, jagged a few wins, and picked up McGrath at the end of the year.

There are some benefits to having a team that you realistically know isn't going to challenge.

For a start, every performance by a young kid will get you thinking about the potential ongoing. You get to watch the games relatively pressure free, have some early picks etc etc.

Plus inevitably at some point you'll get up and knock over a decent side (and knowing you ****s it'll be us).

I've said it a number of times, 2016 was actually one of the more enjoyable years in recent times as an Essendon supporter - got to watch Parish, Walla, Joey et al running around, jagged a few wins, and picked up McGrath at the end of the year.

If you're like this for 10 years it starts to wear on you though :$

Surprisingly, this is as excited as i've been for a season in a long time. I think it might be because of the unpredictability of the competition recently, but also because for the first time since about 2007, I have faith in the Hawks climbing back up the ladder. It was an expectation for the last decade, and last year I couldn't care less about us because of the bad taste the 2016 trade period left in my mouth. This year, we lost the deadweight in Vickery, drafted some potential gun kids and traded well by bringing in a possible X-factor in Jarman Impey. Cannot wait to see how it all unfolds.

We haven't won a final since 2004... ;)

And both our clubs have immense pressure on them this year. Last year I actually struggled to enjoy games because I was so scared of losing to crap sides yet I expected to beat them, so I either melted when we lost or begrudgingly accepted victory if we won.

I'm very excited for how good we could be this year, but I don't really want to dwell on how angry I'll be if we miss the 8.

Would be more excited if Ben Simmons was playing AFL.Imagine If the world played AFL and Pygmys like Dangerfield,Martin Fyfe and Greene were your average role players.That would be exciting.

I’m getting more excited after seeing Giants again in JLT but still on the Simmons bandwagon for now...Credit to AFLW for keeping my interest in footy in a different capacity over the last month

My interest in footy changes every day. Probably 5/10 right now because...

- I was over cricket as soon as we won the Ashes but now reinvigorated with the SAF series.
- Pacers look are looking good and a smokey for the Eastern series
- FCB keep doing what they do best, especially with a 15pt lead over Real

My interest in footy changes every day. Probably 5/10 right now because...

- I was over cricket as soon as we won the Ashes but now reinvigorated with the SAF series.
- Pacers look are looking good and a smokey for the Eastern series
- FCB keep doing what they do best, especially with a 15pt lead over Real

I was over the cricket the minute Peter Handscomb was dropped. Haven't been able to get back into it at the start of the SA series with footy being so close. Although, last year's tour of India was one of the best series I've ever watched and that was during footy season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll never understand people who say this yet are on an internet football forum.

If you're on here then you love footy and talking about it.

On the Port board (and in much the same in this region of bigfooty as well), it's often like a competition to claim how little you care about the sport these days and don't pay any attention to anything other than the three hours of game time. But everyone still has definitive and absolute opinions on opposition sides, players and incidents!

Back