Opinion Excluding Shuey and Gaff, who will be our best mid in 2018?

Excluding Shuey and Gaff, who will be our best mid in 2018?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

i agree but id add duggan. Think Duggan will become the next Pendlebury for us.

This.
Don't understand why so many have given up on Duggan? Bottom ager who needed a couple seasons to mature physically. Has shown consistent improvement and no reason to doubt it won't continue as he gains experience.

This.
Don't understand why so many have given up on Duggan? Bottom ager who needed a couple seasons to mature physically. Has shown consistent improvement and no reason to doubt it won't continue as he gains experience.
I don't know many who have given up on him, i believe people are more so unconvinced he will become a quality midfielder. Seems his best footy so far has been off half back.

Sheed needs to show that he can run out a full game for me to even consider him our best mid after Shuey or Gaff.

His final quarter fade outs really annoy me........... ( Polite Version )

That said I voted The Sneezer , additionaly I would also hope that Duggan takes his game to the next level.
What he showed in his first season gave me every indication that he was a genuine midfielder, if he can get back to similar levels of production in the midfield with his now more mature body he could be a very handy addition to the midfield.

To be honest when you consider our midfield going forward its at the point in time riddled with so many questions.
Its that uncertainty that has most of us nervous and not knowing what to expect.

So many questions on the potential midfield going into the season.

Sheed can he run out a full game.
Hutch can he take his game up a notch and find an ounce of composure to add to his not insignificant effort.
Redden will he now thrive being a full time mid with out Priddis and Mitchell taking centre stage.
Duggan can he go another level.
Sneezer gets his time in the sun, what will he produce.
Cole played there in the TAC Cup, is he ready to go at the next level.
Nelson has he now developed a tank to be a genuine option in the middle.
Cripps can he take a rotation, as his forward line spot will be under pressure this year.
Venables can the great white hope deliver.
Waterman can he take a turn as a bigger bodied midfielder.
Jetta which player will turn up , the contributor or the frustrating passenger.
Masten can he regain form, or has the game passed him by.
Ainsworth how far away from AFL standard is he.
Brayshaw see above re Ainsworth.
Partington is he an AFL standard midfielder, or just a depth player.
Watson does he come from deep in the pecking order and make a statement.
Mutimer can he progress or is he just a depth player.

To name and list a few of the questions around our potential midfield make up and development.

Thats the uncertainty that we take into the season ahead, law of averages tells us most will fail to rise to the top but there is a good chance that 3 to 4 of the above listed players will improve and come to the party.
The coaching and list management staff are punting on finding the required 3 to 4 to go the next level, time will tell if they have assessed it correctly or not.

Last edited:
Sheed needs to show that he can run out a full game for me to even consider him our best mid after Shuey or Gaff.

That said I voted The Sneezer , additionaly I would also hope that Duggan takes his game to the next level.
What he showed in his first season gave me every indication that he was a genuine midfielder, if he can get back to similar levels of production in the midfield with his now more mature body he could be a very handy addition to the midfield.

To be honest when you consider our midfield going forward its at the point in time riddled with so many questions.
Its that uncertainty that has most of us nervous and not knowing what to expect.

So many questions on the potential midfield going into the season.

Sheed can he run out a full game. - The highly effective royal jester who will please everyone
Hutch can he take his game up a notch and find an ounce of composure to add to his not insignificant effort. - The king
Redden will he now thrive being a full time mid with out Priddis and Mitchell taking centre stage. - The kings champion
Duggan can he go another level. - The prince
Sneezer gets his time in the sun, what will he produce. - The kings brother slightly inferior
Cole played there in the TAC Cup, is he ready to go at the next level. - Maybe, haven't seen enough
Nelson has he now developed a tank to be a genuine option in the middle. - Still think he's better off half back
Cripps can he take a rotation, as his forward line spot will be under pressure this year. - No
Venables can the great white hope deliver. - 7.5/10 chance of a big year. I dont want to get to excited
Waterman can he take a turn as a bigger bodied midfielder. - No
Jetta which player will turn up , the contributor or the frustrating passenger. - Will contribute, wont be a star
Masten can he regain form, or has the game passed him by. - Depth
Ainsworth how far away from AFL standard is he. - Next year maybe
Brayshaw see above re Ainsworth. - late this year/Next year debut
Partington is he an AFL standard midfielder, or just a depth player. 6.5/10 chance imo, bit more hope than Mutimer but with the new crop i feel he has his work cut out.
Watson does he come from deep in the pecking order and make a statement. - defender and have high hopes
Mutimer can he progress or is he just a depth player. - 5/10 chance imo, but have hope for the guy.

To name and list a few of the questions around our potential midfield make up and development.

Thats the uncertainty that we take into the season ahead, law of averages tells us most will fail to rise to the top but there is a good chance that 3/4 of the above listed players will improve and come to the party.
The coaching and list management staff are punting on finding the required 3/4 to go the next level, time will tell if they have assessed it correctly or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheed and Ah Chee for me. I voted Ah Chee though. Whilst I think Sheed will have a good season and go up a notch or two, I think Ah Chee has more attributes to stand out (assuming he can put it all together). I wouldn't write off Duggan either. He will come good as a mid at some stage. Redden may also surprise. Keep Yeo on the HBF and rotations through the middle.

I have gone with Reddog.

Hopefully we get very solid years from him, Sheed and Ah Chee...could get ugly otherwise.

Duggle gon b gud. He only turns 21 in 2018 right? He finds the ball really well, just needs to find an effective way to keep the ball moving to our advantage at AFL level.

I rescind my vote to you as POTY. (Polite version)

I have gone with Reddog.

Hopefully we get very solid years from him, Sheed and Ah Chee...could get ugly otherwise.

Duggle gon b gud. He only turns 21 in 2018 right? He finds the ball really well, just needs to find an effective way to keep the ball moving to our advantage at AFL level.

Duggan turned 21 yesterday

It's totes Anus

Back